[Rumor] Steam Summer Sale starts on 19th and lasts 8 days?

$30 for the new Wolfenstein game. GET IT!

Max Payne 3 at $5 is insane. Easily and highly recommended.

Even the new Thief game at $15 is pretty good if you haven't played that yet.

I bought it full price originally and it was worth every penny. And the soundtrack is simply EPIC.

That game was awesome. One of my favorites over the past few years.

That game was awesome. One of my favorites over the past few years.

On a sidenote, the fact Max Payne 3 was so nicely optimized for PC gives me confidence that GTA V for PC will follow suit since its the same engine, and thus be much better than GTA IV was initially on PC launch.

Last edited:
So is today the correct day to pick up anything that hasn't been a daily? Tomorrow is when the repeats happen any everything else goes off sale, correct?

Shadowrun worth it? I have read good and bad things about it. The deluxe edition with the second campaign a must or just the vanilla version?

I think I'm done. Pretty good haul though:

State of Decay + DLC
Arkham Origins Season Pass
SR4 DLC + Season Pass
Blood Dragon
Organ Trail
Deus Ex HR Directors Cut
Space Engineers

Was hoping to see AC4 Season pass go on sale for a little lower than $11, but thats what the fall/winter sales are for.

Shadowrun worth it? I have read good and bad things about it. The deluxe edition with the second campaign a must or just the vanilla version?

I think it is worth it. Not the best game I have ever played but I'd give it an 75-80% rating. The Dragonfall/Berlin expansion is a way better story line IMO.

What a pathetic sale. I had $500 waiting and didn't spend a penny. Good job valve.

I am not saying this is the best sale ever, but with 500 dollars you must have quite the wishlist? None of those titles went on sale? seems hard to believe.

This is the first STEAM sale I have ever participated in. I bought...

Max Payne 3
Bioshock Trilogy
Boderlands 2 GOTY Edition
Dishonored
Deus EX Human Revolution Directors Cut
FEAR, FEAR Perseus Mandate, FEAR Extraction Point
The Witcher 2

Currently having lots of fun with Borderlands 2!

I had been on the fence about picking it up before, but at $3.75 it is a pretty good deal. I picked up a copy for myself and gifted one to a friend and he has probably put 15 hours into this weekend alone. I just grabbed the vanilla edition because I figure if I like it I can grab the dlc next sale or just keep myself busy with backlog or the community mods.

Max Payne 3
Bioshock Trilogy
Dishonored
The Witcher 2

You did good.

Most of the game I want now are Kickstarter projectors like
Pillars of Eternity
Camelot Unchained
Shroud of the Avatar

The last steam sale I didn't buy anything except for maybe Killing Floor which I bought last time around.
Which was kinda dated for graphics

Buddy wants me to get Planetary Annihilation and I really want Wasteland. Too bad I'm so much of a cheap ass. Monday I will lament not getting them. :)

Max Payne 3
Bioshock Trilogy
Dishonored
The Witcher 2

Hell of a good haul here.

What a pathetic sale. I had $500 waiting and didn't spend a penny. Good job valve.

You do realize Valve doesn't have any control over the pricing of games on Steam, right? (The obvious exception being Valve games).

If something you wanted didn't reach a price you cared for, blame it on the party in charge of setting it's price. If nothing you wanted hit an acceptable price, time to lower your expectations. I saw a lot of damn good deals. If you already owned them... then whats the problem? Were you expecting new, AAA titles at $5 or something?

I got Tomb Raider and Blood Dragon. Already owned plenty of other games on sale, so nothing else really interested me.

My haul this time was pretty good

Dynasty Warriors 8
Transistor
Wolfenstien
Resident Evil 4
Typing of the Dead Overkill
R6: Vegas 2
and picked up Beat Hazard for a friend

Debating on getting Enemy Within and the Slingshot Pack for XCOM so I can check out the Long War mod but I might wait on that for another time.

Agarest Zero
Agarest: Generations of War
Banished
BattleBlock Theater
Broforce
Castle Crashers
Dark Souls 2
Democracy 3
DuckTales Remastered
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Game Dev Tycoon
Goat Simulator
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Plague Inc: Evolved
Planetary Explorers
SteamWorld Dig
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Transistor

I liked this sale. A lot of fun and interesting games were on sale for really great prices.

I bought the first Witcher for 2 bucks, I still haven't played games I bought last year so I'm good.

Terreria
Payday 1
Payday 2 + DLC
Battleblock Theatre
Dirt 3
Ducktales Remasterd
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 7
Fez (gift)
Forced
Monaco
Orion: Dino Horde
Risk Of Rain
Shadowrun Dragonfall
Sonic All Stars Racing (totally sweet)
Spelunky
Unepic

Peggle Deluxe + Nights
Theme Park Studio Early Access
Pacman DX+
Thief DLC
Civ 5: Brave New World
Assassins Creed Liberation HD
Mars; War Logs
Next Car Game Early Access
Arma 3 + DLC
Arma II Complete
Dues Ex HR DC
Dead Island Riptide DLC
Stanley Parable
Payday 2 DLC
Ducktales Remastered
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

Not a bad haul... I finally had some dispensable cash for one of these things.

Was wolfenstein that bad? 50% after just a moonth.
It wasn't that bad but it is just a single player game. It was enjoyable enough for me to go back through and find all of the collectibles. There are two story lines but they're not really different enough to justify replaying for the other story line; all collectibles can be obtained on one story line.

End up with

The Fall
Teslagrad
Daylight
Chivalry Deadliest Warrior
Tropico 4
Strike Vector
SteamWorld Dig
Gold Wolf Helm
Underpants
The LEGO Movie Videogame
Nether - Watcher
Outlast: Whistleblower DLC
BattleBlock Theater
The Stanley Parable
Payday 2
Grid 2 (ROW)
Metal Slug 3
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Shadowrun Returns
Orion Dino Horde
Amnesia: Machine for Pigs

Total spent was around 68.00 can't complain :cool:

I only bought Papers Please and Shadowrun Returns. There were other things that were tempting, but my backlog is too big to justify more purchases.

Having said that, during the sale I picked up the Humble Strategy bundle with Cubetractor, Eador, Ironclad Tactics, Sang-Froid, and Unity of Command, so I still managed to accumulate more than I can play!

I got quite a bit.

Bastion
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored
Dragon Age
Farcry
Farcry 2
Farcry 3
FarCry 3 Blood Dragon
Game Dev Tycoon
Garrys mod
Hotline Miami
Metro 2033
Metro Last Light
Sleeping Dogs
Terraria
Tomb Raider
Witcher 2

Total of $82.39, but only spent $71.94 out of pocket, the rest from selling those cards and a CS Huntsman case a month ago.

I bought

Strike Vector
SimCity 4 (Damn you for not letting my activate my existing product key)
Commander Keen Complete Pack
Descent 2 & 3

Not enough of what I wanted that was newer on a sale that made me want to open my wallet more. We'll see what the holiday sale brings.

Were you expecting new, AAA titles at $5 or something?

Umm, I'm pretty sure I saw plenty of AAA games for $5... In fact, right now, on the last day's featured deals:
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Borderlands 2
  • Skyrim
  • All the Assassin's Creed games except the latest
  • Dishonored
  • Tomb Raider
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GotY
  • Fallout 3 & New Vegas TOGETHER ($2.49 each)
  • GTA IV
  • All the GTA III/San Andreas/Vice City games (separately, not together)
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
And that's just looking at a combination of my Wishlist and the Games Under $5 section on the front page... So no, it couldn't be that... :D

Of course, my problem was wanting to see GotY editions getting down to $5, so Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Dragon Age:Origins, and Batman Arkham Origins are all still on my Wishlist waiting for the Steam Winter Sale! :cool:

Umm, I'm pretty sure I saw plenty of AAA games for $5... In fact, right now, on the last day's featured deals:
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Borderlands 2
  • Skyrim
  • All the Assassin's Creed games except the latest
  • Dishonored
  • Tomb Raider
  • Batman Arkham Asylum GotY
  • Fallout 3 & New Vegas TOGETHER ($2.49 each)
  • GTA IV
  • All the GTA III/San Andreas/Vice City games (separately, not together)
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
And that's just looking at a combination of my Wishlist and the Games Under $5 section on the front page... So no, it couldn't be that... :D

Of course, my problem was wanting to see GotY editions getting down to $5, so Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Dragon Age:Origins, and Batman Arkham Origins are all still on my Wishlist waiting for the Steam Winter Sale! :cool:

I said new ;)... in other words, if he was expecting Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, AC4, etc. for super cheap, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. All of those games you listed are well worth the $5 admission price. Problem is, most people have them already from previous Steam sales. For some reason, some people seem to think this is Valve's fault.

I said new ;)... in other words, if he was expecting Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein, AC4, etc. for super cheap, that's just setting yourself up for disappointment. All of those games you listed are well worth the $5 admission price. Problem is, most people have them already from previous Steam sales. For some reason, some people seem to think this is Valve's fault.

Let's not forget the fact that he wanted to blow $500, what's $5 a title, hell a Triple A title at that? :confused:

First time ever not making a purchase during a steam sale.... I finally noticed I have this thing called a backlog, and it hasn't shrunk much. I keep buying games on steam sales that I never actually get around to playing. Need to stop doing that lol

Back