[Rumor] Steam Summer Sale starts on 19th and lasts 8 days?

absolutely no...if you don't own them already then the best decision is to wait for the remastered versions

I've been on the fence.. while remastered graphics are nice, paying 6x/3x the price for some eye candy doesn't seem worth it. Ill probably grab the current versions before the daily runs out.

If you own the originals though you get 50% off the redux bundle.

So:

Metro Last Light: $6.79
Metro 2033: $2.99
Metro Redux Bundle @ 50% off: $25.00
Total: $34.78

VS.

Buying Metro Redux Bundle without owning originals: $50
This man is speaking some sense on the internet! He's a witch!

My buddy sold his card collection for almost $15 and used it to finance ARMA III. He's still on cloud nine after experiencing the Steam Life. Anyone have a picture to go with this quote so i can text him and make his day?

:)

Ok, I just crawled out from under my rock, and while I do plan to read up on this, I can't do it from here. How does selling cards work. I have a metric F-ton of them, and just thought they were useless crap.

I hear it is not playable without a controller, rules me out
unfortunate, it is supposed to be really good

The game is centered around a dual analog control scheme, its actually what makes it amazing. This game was never designed for a mouse and keyboard, and I mean that in a good way.

I never used to have a controller for my PC, but like 2 years ago I snagged a wired 360 controller for cheap and its been a good "bonus" device that comes in handy for cases like this.

Yeah brothers is a no brainer buy right now. If you are on the fence just get it.

Todays deals are the weakest yest IMO. I would love play Child of Dust but fuck ubisoft.

Wow only 50% off for CS:GO, im pretty sure I have seen it go for sub $5 before.

Ok, I just crawled out from under my rock, and while I do plan to read up on this, I can't do it from here. How does selling cards work. I have a metric F-ton of them, and just thought they were useless crap.

You post them on the marketplace and let the suckers-I mean buyers come to you. During the sale, you should be able to get 20 cents a card for most cards (which adds up fast, I financed a huge chunk of last year's summer sale that way), after the sale ends, expect that value to drop like a rock, so move them now, don't try to speculate.

You post them on the marketplace and let the suckers-I mean buyers come to you. During the sale, you should be able to get 20 cents a card for most cards (which adds up fast, I financed a huge chunk of last year's summer sale that way), after the sale ends, expect that value to drop like a rock, so move them now, don't try to speculate.

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl.

Ever since the steam summer sale the price of the cards went down =(
Good for buyers bad for sellers

Well, mine were just going to sit and rot, so it's still at least a small bonus likely. :D I'm planning to pick up Brothers, so I would guess it would at least pay for that.

Do those cards actually do anything? Why would people pay money for them?

Do those cards actually do anything? Why would people pay money for them?
To increase the size of their E-peens, what else? All they do is let you craft badges to display on your profile that also increase your Steam community level.

That's pretty weak. We already have Steam Achievements. Seems a little needless to have cards, too.

I must have been selling the wrong cards then, because I hadnt seen them really going higher than 10 to 15 cents in months.

That's pretty weak. We already have Steam Achievements. Seems a little needless to have cards, too.
There's a sucker born every minute.:p

Steam achievements don't do anything to your level, which is pretty lame. I don't get why card crafting does though?

Unless I'm mistaken and achievements actually do affect it.

I believe they'll expire the cards after the sale, in effect making the badge unobtainable after the sale is done. This is new. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the price as it nears the dead line. Continued decline, or bump at the last hours?

Summer Adventure Card 5
Steam Summer Adventure 2014 Trading Card
Valid until Mon Jun 30 2014 20:00:00 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Summer Time)

I made a level one badge. Is there an incentive to make a level 5 or whatever you can level them to badge?

No. I have a handful of badges from ages ago that just sit and rot in my inventory. It is a money grab/ something to horde for people.

will most likely bite on Metro Last Light Complete Edition for $6.79...I already own Metro 2033 so if I decide to get the remastered versions in the future it's cheaper to buy the standard version and get the Redux Bundle discount rather then straight up buying the Redux

am also tempted to get Arkham Origins which is on sale for $7.49...I love the Arkham games but was not interested in Origins because developer Rocksteady was not involved

Last edited:
I bought Wasteland 2 for $40, but it was a total accident actually. I though for sure I didn't have that much credit left on my card, but for the hell of it I added it to my cart and checked out. I was kinda shocked to see it go through. Since then I said the hell with it and tried to see what else would go through, I got Insurgency and the original Fallout trilogy as well. I'm probably done...hopefully

uh dude, your cc company will gladly charge you overage fees, that likely will cost more than the games you buy. they never let something like "no money" stop them from allowing you to buy stuff

Last edited:
wish the second van helsing game would go on sale again. it was up for a flash sale while I was at work and forgot to buy it. was really the only game I was looking to get and I have still managed to buy other games. ha.

Risk of Rain is straight addicting. I love it

I believe they'll expire the cards after the sale, in effect making the badge unobtainable after the sale is done. This is new. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the price as it nears the dead line. Continued decline, or bump at the last hours?

If I remember right, this was actually done for the last winter sale, too. I seem to recall that prices went up on the last few days as the badge hunter/crafters were getting desperate, then proceeded to crash at the very end as sellers were trying to dump cards before they expired. I remember getting about $0.40 a card for a couple about two days before the end and using the cash to buy Terrarium for my daughter's account. But as always YMMV!

uh dude, your cc company will gladly charge you overage fees, that likely will cost more than the games you buy. they never let something like "no money" stop them from allowing you to buy stuff
theres been quite a few times where I've tried to buy something through steam where the transaction was denied.

theres been quite a few times where I've tried to buy something through steam where the transaction was denied.
Are you talking about a credit card or a debit card? Because I believe banks in the US are now required by law to protect customers from overdrawing on their checking and savings accounts. Credit cards are a different story. There are also fraud protections in place for both credit and debit cards that use an automated system to lock an account when there is suspected fraudulent activity. Just the other day my card got a hold on it because Steam freaked out and charged me 4 times for the same transaction in the period of 30 seconds. Some places will put a temporary hold on your account by default, like gas stations.

got EU4 for 10 bucks..now thats what i call a sale !!

I've got about 130 hours into EU4. Currenlty working on turning The Hansa into a major colonial power now that I've beaten up Denmark and taken most of Norway's north Atlantic islands.

If the DLC is on sale as well, Wealth of Nations is a good addition for the trade aspect of the game.

First DLC was OK, but unless you played as a Native American tribe the random new world didn't really add much to the game.

wish the second van helsing game would go on sale again. it was up for a flash sale while I was at work and forgot to buy it. was really the only game I was looking to get and I have still managed to buy other games. ha.

Risk of Rain is straight addicting. I love it

The last day of the sale should bring back all of the best prices, including Van Helsing 2

I saw a game called Noitu Love 2: Devolution, and wondered what the fuck it could possibly be.

It looked like Gunstar Hereoes so I bought it. It wasn't far off. A++ would spend $2 again.

I saw a game called Noitu Love 2: Devolution, and wondered what the fuck it could possibly be.

It looked like Gunstar Hereoes so I bought it. It wasn't far off. A++ would spend $2 again.

Just looked it up and bought it! Thanks.

Back