(RUMOR) Single player campaign cut from Black Ops 4 UPDATE: Confirmed 5/18/18

Armenius

Extremely [H]
According to sources from Charlie Intel and Polygon, the single player campaign in Black Ops 4 was cut due to not having enough time to complete it by the scheduled October 12 release date. It was further stated that multiplayer would be expanding to fill in the content gap, including adding more Zombies and coop content, and a Battle Royale mode.

I guess this will finally be the first Call of Duty game I don't buy. Amazing that despite my constant complaints every year I still bought them since the campaign was always good.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-dut...e-a-battle-royale-mode-instead-of-a-campaign/
https://charlieintel.com/2018/04/17...orking-on-battle-royale-mode-for-black-ops-4/

I'm not going to post a link to Polygon, and unfortunately I can't archive it for some reason.

UPDATE: Was able to archive the Google cache: https://archive.is/FpItZ#selection-1100.0-1115.37

UPDATE 2: Rumor of no single player campaign was confirmed on 5/18/18.

Last edited:
A Black Ops battle royale might get me to buy this game again. I tried Fortnite and it was alright and I won't touch PUBG with all the issues it has. Hope it delivers.

A Black Ops battle royale might get me to buy this game again. I tried Fortnite and it was alright and I won't touch PUBG with all the issues it has. Hope it delivers.
That is true. Gameplay issues aside, network performance for the most part is consistent in Call of Duty. Unfortunately host advantage is still a thing. I would hope that they use dedicated servers for BR like they should.

anyone who's playing BF or CoD for the single player is doing it wrong...those are just throwaway campaigns that are more or less a tutorial for the multiplayer

Maybe Actvision should stop releasing rushed incomplete games just to meet the deadline and actually put some effort in their games, but we all know that won't happen because they know people will still buy a broken incomplete game at launch. Of course, this can really backfire on them and cause loss of sales.

I don't like COD, haven't bought one since 2011 but not having a single player campaign is disappointing because I admit COD's campaigns were somewhat decent and had an interesting storyline. If this is true, I can see a major loss of sales - which Activision deserves for being greedy. Not doubt this game will still carry a $60 price tag at launch, but we'll see.

Maybe Actvision should stop releasing rushed incomplete games just to meet the deadline and actually put some effort in their games, but we all know that won't happen because they know people will still buy a broken incomplete game at launch. Of course, this can really backfire on them and cause loss of sales.

I don't like COD, haven't bought one since 2011 but not having a single player campaign is disappointing because I admit COD's campaigns were somewhat decent and had an interesting storyline. If this is true, I can see a major loss of sales - which Activision deserves for being greedy. Not doubt this game will still carry a $60 price tag at launch, but we'll see.
Idk about rushing. They have 3 years between releases since there three studios working on CoD games now. Well im not buying it with out a single player. They scratched it I bet to focus on a battle royale style game cause it is the hot thing atm.

anyone who's playing BF or CoD for the single player is doing it wrong...those are just throwaway campaigns that are more or less a tutorial for the multiplayer

Wait what? The only thing enticing about any CoD game nowadays seems to be the single player. The multiplayer just gets dumbed down with each new release. Heck... look at half the map packs.. they are just remakes of maps from MW1 or BLOPS1. They even 'remastered' MW1 .

Here's a wild guess, but I'm thinking one of the most played maps in BLOPS4 will be...... Nuketown. lol.

Didnt realize people bought COD just for the single player. Always thought it was a bit lacking and people got it for the multiplayer.

Unfortunately this will still sell like crazy and push them to no longer include single player I believe going forward

Call of Duty's single player is mediocre at best, and IMO the Blops campaigns were by far the worst of them anyway. It won't be missed.

While it's unlikely that I'd be buying BO4 any time soon anyway, a well done BR mode is a lot more intriguing to me than a campaign.

I always thought people bought COD for the single player and battlefield for multiplayer, shows how little I know.

Guess I'll have to hope the DOOM II rumours are going to pan out.

According to sources from Charlie Intel and Polygon, the single player campaign in Black Ops 4 was cut due to not having enough time to complete it by the scheduled October 12 release date. It was further stated that multiplayer would be expanding to fill in the content gap, including adding more Zombies and coop content, and a Battle Royale mode.

I guess this will finally be the first Call of Duty game I don't buy. Amazing that despite my constant complaints every year I still bought them since the campaign was always good.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-dut...e-a-battle-royale-mode-instead-of-a-campaign/
https://charlieintel.com/2018/04/17...orking-on-battle-royale-mode-for-black-ops-4/

I'm not going to post a link to Polygon, and unfortunately I can't archive it for some reason.

UPDATE: Was able to archive the Google cache: https://archive.is/FpItZ#selection-1100.0-1115.37
Oh yes, because more zombies is always a solution. NO.

Shows how little they know. I only played Black OPs for the campaign, this was about the only part of the Cod series were the campaign was good, well except for Infinite Warfare.

Expanding multiplayer to fill in the content gap, that's like saying, we're pouring salt into the wound to seal it.

I never finished the single player mode for any of the COD games I bought.
COD Ghosts
COD AW
COD Black Ops 3
COD IW
COD WWII

never grazed the single player mode I tried it from time to time but they just all blend together I thought the Single player with Ghosts I think where you had the dog was pretty good though.

I can't remember that I ever launched a COD multiplayer match, for me COD is singleplayer campaign type game, if they want to make a different multiplayer only type of game, fine by me but make a new IP for that.

Ofc they can also add it to the game as an extra, but not in stead of.

Some ex ubi guy claims that every major FPS game brand will have battle royale mode added within the next year orso, sad day for gaming, we saw what that did when everyone was bringing out the next world of warcraft killer.

I can't remember that I ever launched a COD multiplayer match, for me COD is singleplayer campaign type game, if they want to make a different multiplayer only type of game, fine by me but make a new IP for that.

Ofc they can also add it to the game as an extra, but not in stead of.

Some ex ubi guy claims that every major FPS game brand will have battle royale mode added within the next year orso, sad day for gaming, we saw what that did when everyone was bringing out the next world of warcraft killer.
Yes, I'm sure some major publisher is going to dethrone PUBG, just like how they dethroned LOL in the MOBA space or WOW in the MMORPG space.

Yes, I'm sure some major publisher is going to dethrone PUBG, just like how they dethroned LOL in the MOBA space or WOW in the MMORPG space.

If blueballs could just get their server issues sorted out PUBG would be in pretty good shape.

You couldn't be more wrong. I have literally bought every COD and Battlefield over the last couple of years and only play them for the campaigns. Some of them are really good. In fact, I have listed this before but Infinite Warfare imo had the best campaign i've played since Call of Duty 4. The Battlefield campaigns are great too because they're just fun.

You couldn't be more wrong. I have literally bought every COD and Battlefield over the last couple of years and only play them for the campaigns. Some of them are really good. In fact, I have listed this before but Infinite Warfare imo had the best campaign i've played since Call of Duty 4. The Battlefield campaigns are great too because they're just fun.

you also said Sea of Thieves was the most fun you've ever had playing a co-op game...so I think our tastes are very different :D ...seems you get caught up in the moment anytime a new game comes out and automatically fall in love with it

If this rumour proves to be true, then it'll be the first ever CoD game to not even make it to my wishlist and hope it hits the bargain bin.

TBPH, I think the fact that they are still charging $30 for CoD: MW1 is bit over the top, and their campaign has never lasted more than $10.

No Single player, no purchase, but then again, I am probably not the target market for this type of game anyway.

you also said Sea of Thieves was the most fun you've ever had playing a co-op game...so I think our tastes are very different :D ...seems you get caught up in the moment anytime a new game comes out and automatically fall in love with it

Opinions are exactly that... opinions, and Sea of Thieves IS the most fun co-op game i've ever played. No doubt our tastes are different... that goes without saying because everyone's tastes are different.

Opinions are exactly that... opinions, and Sea of Thieves IS the most fun co-op game i've ever played. No doubt our tastes are different... that goes without saying because everyone's tastes are different.

Sea of Thieves gets a lot of things right, but I feel like it would have been more appetizing for a lot of people if it was priced a little lower. At least for now, if they add more content later on, things could change. I love playing the game with my younger relatives though, and I think it may be the most beautiful game I have played in a few years. If not ever.

As far as COD though, I feel like the campaigns have slowly gotten worse. If they somehow make a great multiplayer game, then good for them, but I won't cry over what I see as spilt bad milk.

Agreed. I enjoyed Infinite Warfare's SP campaign as well and have played through it a couple times.

I really wish they'd let people pay $30 to just play the singleplayer only for these latest CoD games.

The CoD games never go on a decent sale. I still have yet to play black ops 2 and the damn thing is still like $45 at the cheapest.

They definitely won't be getting any sales from a large category of players now.

I really wish they'd let people pay $30 to just play the singleplayer only for these latest CoD games.

The CoD games never go on a decent sale. I still have yet to play black ops 2 and the damn thing is still like $45 at the cheapest.

They definitely won't be getting any sales from a large category of players now.

Maybe you're just not looking at the right places.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC

Grand Total € 6.79
OK this is not every day, but you can pick up black ops II for like 12 on cdkeys right now. And III is 11.

Treyarch makes terrible campaigns. BLOPS3 was the worst. No big loss and I can save my money.

Maybe you're just not looking at the right places.

OK this is not every day, but you can pick up black ops II for like 12 on cdkeys right now. And III is 11.

I don't trust those places. Only CD-Key type seller that i'm aware of that publishers consider legit is GMG. All the others aren't legit.

BR mode means the map can be huge by COD standards? Sounds good.

Was Rupture the largest map in BO3? And it had a tower for sniping? I only played that one against bots but the sniper rifles were at their more appropriate range up there. But I had the console going and any weapon I typed in to try out, thus the bots.

Thankfully, we still have studios like CD Projekt Red, Guerilla Games, Naughty Dog, and Santa Monica Studio putting out quality SP titles.

Sorry, couldn't let this post go buy without mentioning 4A Games who make the Metro series. By far and away the only competitor in quality SP game making to games like Witcher III.

Sorry, couldn't let this post go buy without mentioning 4A Games who make the Metro series. By far and away the only competitor in quality SP game making to games like Witcher III.

I honestly couldn't remember the studio name who made Metro but yes, you are correct they should be on that list.

Though, they did pull that shady Ranger Mode nonsense awhile back. But overall, quite good.

Though, they did pull that shady Ranger Mode nonsense awhile back. But overall, quite good.

I'll allow a silly slip up here and there. :happy: Unfortunately I have very high expectations for Metro: Exodus when it releases. Similar to my expectations of Wolfenstein NC after NO. It wasnt horrible but a step back in progress.

Rocksteady also made some great single player campaigns in the Arkham series...I even liked Arkham Knight a lot minus the early performance issues

Back