(Rumor) RTX 3080 ti releasing between February 11th.and 17th

A 3080ti is something that I'm interested in. I can't justify a 3090 but a 3080ti will hopefully give me that 4K 60fps min that I'm looking for.

This or 3090ti but I am not excited sure 3080ti will be very limited show. Hoping by near end of 2021 with pandemic more under control. Maybe get one but sure 4000 series might be out.

Did you guys see this:

https://wccftech.com/asus-geforce-r...0-12-gb-rog-strix-custom-graphics-cards-leak/

So the 3080Ti might be slightly faster than the 3090 due to higher clock speeds.

So now there is a report of it potentially having higher clock speeds and also reports of it having lower clock speeds to meet the 320w TDP. Gotta love leaks. :D

What is interesting will be the way the GA102 chips will be binned. Will the higher binned chips go the the 3080 Ti so that lower TDP can be more easily achieved without sacrificing too much clock speed or will the 3080 Ti get the lower binned chips since they won't be clocked as high as the 3090?

EDIT: Something to also take into account this article is listing the 3080 Ti at $899 and a Jan 2021 release date which is inconsistent with nearly every other recent leak pointing at a $999 MSRP and a Feb 2021 release date. It's also the only report I've seen stating clock speeds would be higher instead of lower so take with a big grain of salt.

Last edited:
Got my 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming at the beginning of the December, hopefully the Ti comes out soon enough so I can start a EVGA Step-up.

My money's on a little bit more expensive than the 6900. RT, DLSS...

I bet it will be $999 for FE cards that you cannot grab anywhere eitherway, cards that you can grab on the market will probably hover around $1199 or so, the cheapest $1099 or so 3rd party cards will also be sold out quickly.

Got my 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming at the beginning of the December, hopefully the Ti comes out soon enough so I can start a EVGA Step-up.
Be prepared to wait a long time in that step up queue. If it’s anything like the 3080 step up queue then you’ll be waiting 2-3 months at least.

Be prepared to wait a long time in that step up queue. If it’s anything like the 3080 step up queue then you’ll be waiting 2-3 months at least.
I'm okay with that, waited 3 months into the 3080 queue before I could buy one. At least this time around I'll still have a decent card to use, not that the 1080 Ti wasn't cutting it though.

I bet it will be $999 for FE cards that you cannot grab anywhere eitherway, cards that you can grab on the market will probably hover around $1199 or so, the cheapest $1099 or so 3rd party cards will also be sold out quickly.
that's still cheaper than most people are paying scalpers right now for a 3080

As long as we're rampantly speculating... Sometimes I wonder if the cards NV released are what the original plan called for or if they made some late adjustments after finding out what AMD had cooking along with maybe some more for supply issues. The last xx80 card that had more than a 256-bit bus was the 780, and the 770 re-used the chip from the 680 while the 780 used a chip that had previously been reserved for Tesla cards IIRC. Maybe the 3090 was supposed to be a Titan and the 3080 was going to share a chip with the 3070 but use GDDR6X, but they didn't want to risk a Titan getting beat by the 6900XT so they renamed it to 3090 and used the big chip that would have just gone to the 3080Ti and Titan for the 3080 to fend off AMD.

As long as we're rampantly speculating... Sometimes I wonder if the cards NV released are what the original plan called for or if they made some late adjustments after finding out what AMD had cooking along with maybe some more for supply issues. The last xx80 card that had more than a 256-bit bus was the 780, and the 770 re-used the chip from the 680 while the 780 used a chip that had previously been reserved for Tesla cards IIRC. Maybe the 3090 was supposed to be a Titan and the 3080 was going to share a chip with the 3070 but use GDDR6X, but they didn't want to risk a Titan getting beat by the 6900XT so they renamed it to 3090 and used the big chip that would have just gone to the 3080Ti and Titan for the 3080 to fend off AMD.
I think you very well might be on to something. Something didn't go to plan and that is without AMD being able to drop much product.

Pardon my french, but how the fuck are they going to release more skus when they can't even keep the current ones in stock at msrp for more than 5 seconds? They have had their cards out almost 3 months and all you can buy currently is cards that have been gouged to shit by retailers and scalpers on ebay, they're currently almost as bad as each other. The only place you can get them for msrp is the nvidia store and that seems to have stock for several seconds once a month. So wtf? Just introduce more cards that are impossible to buy for shits and giggles?

I think Jensen is verging on getting a pitchfork shoved up his arse if this keeps up much longer.

Last edited:
Pardon my french, but how the fuck are they going to release more skus when they can't even keep the current ones in stock at msrp for more than 5 seconds? They have had their cards out almost 3 months and all you can buy currently is cards that have been gouged to shit by retailers and scalpers on ebay, they're currently almost as bad as each other. The only place you can get them for msrp is the nvidia store and that seems to have stock for several seconds once a month. So wtf? Just introduce more cards that are impossible to buy for shits and giggles?

I think Jensen is verging on getting a pitchfork shoved up his arse if this keeps up much longer.

Yeah, I'm out. I have the money for an entire new build weather it be a 3080 or 3090, but I'm not paying over MSRP. Retailers and scalpers can kiss my ass.

Yeah, I'm out. I have the money for an entire new build weather it be a 3080 or 3090, but I'm not paying over MSRP. Retailers and scalpers can kiss my ass.

I was able to get a 5900x at msrp but getting a gpu seems near impossible unless you're physically attached to your pc 24/7 watching random part alerts shooting by. And even then the majority of those are gouged as well. 3 months later and still nothing to be had at realistic pricing, how much time do they need ffs? :whistle:

such a strange release cycle...20GB cards coming out shortly, 3060 Ti with 12GB, Super cards in the Summer...isn't the 3060 Ti going to match or exceed the 3070?

I was able to get a 5900x at msrp but getting a gpu seems near impossible unless you're physically attached to your pc 24/7 watching random part alerts shooting by. And even then the majority of those are gouged as well. 3 months later and still nothing to be had at realistic pricing, how much time do they need ffs? :whistle:
They've got more time than I have patience, and I think those of us who wanted a new graphics card have been patient.

Both AMD & Nvidia have over stayed their welcome.

Time to move on, with heavier pockets.

I’m also ready to pull the trigger on a new build, just can’t find any stock. To be fair I haven’t signed up for any discord notifications etc., I’ve just been keeping an eye on retailers and a couple threads here at [H]. I’m about ready to try my hand at discord notifications.

I’m also ready to pull the trigger on a new build, just can’t find any stock. To be fair I haven’t signed up for any discord notifications etc., I’ve just been keeping an eye on retailers and a couple threads here at [H]. I’m about ready to try my hand at discord notifications.
I'm at the point now where I don't feel like I should do anything more than hand over my money, (is that not enough?) looking up notifications and playing the F5 game seems like work on top of work just to spend my money. That ain't happening.

It seemed that for a while drops were frequent for 3060 Ti, 3070, and 3090 cards. The 3080 is the hardest card to get which is frustrating since it's the one I want. Drops have slowed down due to the holidays but maybe they'll pick up again. I can see the drops continuing to be slow though due to the impending release of the refreshed variants. Hopefully the refreshed cards will be in better supply but either way they won't be easy to get.

I actually don't mind waiting as the new cards (3080 Ti, 3060 12GB etc) seem better...the 10GB VRAM on the 3080 would have always bugged me...plus I wanted to get an RTX card for Cyberpunk 2077 and that game needs a few more months of patches...Digital Foundry also found that the 24GB 3090 definitely made the game smoother

Last edited:
Back