(Rumor) RTX 3080 ti releasing between February 11th.and 17th

My money would be on an RTX 3060 announcement. Maybe more stuff too. A 3080Ti announcement is certainly possible, as is a 3050.
Not sure if they would have a special event held for a 3060. Typically special events are held for the top end products and then the middle/low end are launched from press releases.

Not sure if they would have a special event held for a 3060. Typically special events are held for the top end products and then the middle/low end are launched from press releases.
This. The 3060 Ti was announced the day before it released. No event, no fanfare, justa press release that it was coming followed by reviews of the FE. Nvidia isn't going to do any sort of event for a mid/low tier product. Even an event for a 3080 Ti seems unnecessary, simply from the standpoint that there's going to be no "wow" moment like their was when the unveiled Amperes price/performance. With everything we know, it's not hard to draw conclusions about what the 3080 Ti will be. It will have to both perform, and be priced, between a 3080 and 3090... there's really nothing juicy about telling people what they can figure out on their own.

Mobile versions make more sense to me. That's something that Nvidia can brag about. "Fast than any mobile graphics card blah blah blah".

Have to say my enthusiasm for this has waned a fair bit seeing the leaked/rumored performance numbers putting this much closer to the 3080 than the 3090. Which was always a possibility, just a bit of downer to see it looking to be trending that way. Yea yea speculation/rumor and all. But if its essentially a 3080 + another 10 gigs of ram for (rumored) $999 vs essentially a 3090 less 4 gigs of ram for $999... well... I'll just see if I can get a regular 3080.

Of course this is all pretty moot since I'm in Canada where you cant get 3080's anyways... (or 6800XT's... or 6900XT's... or Ryzen 5900X's... or.... or....)

Nah, huge supply coming next month. Anyone who wants one will be able to get one.
Why next month when they can cash in on the holiday rush now? Or are they banking on tax refunds 😜 If I can’t my hands on a 3080 when this new “surplus” lands I’m gonna skip this gen and wait for the rumored “Lovelace” GPU from nVidia.

There is a report out of Germany that they're not releasing 3080ti till April or May. Don't get your hopes up

Nvidia is counting on it :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, TBH tho, I'm almost over this generation already... it should not be this silly to get ahold of a card so long after launch. Maybe it's for the better given the ridiculous pricing and availability anyway. I can play CP2077 maxed out with RT, albeit with lower frames than I like, but every other game I own flies at high FPS still anyway (even with RT), so maybe I'll be fine and can last till next gen or lower prices.

Kind of sucks though, I'd have happily bought one because I love new tech, now I am almost just disgusted about it all.

I will probably try to trade my 3090 for one once they come out. 20gb is fine for me and if the core layout is the same I should be happy with it. Since I'm in an itx case I don't need nvlink and would welcome a lower tdp. Guess we will see how it does.

Yeah, TBH tho, I'm almost over this generation already... it should not be this silly to get ahold of a card so long after launch. Maybe it's for the better given the ridiculous pricing and availability anyway. I can play CP2077 maxed out with RT, albeit with lower frames than I like, but every other game I own flies at high FPS still anyway (even with RT), so maybe I'll be fine and can last till next gen or lower prices.

Kind of sucks though, I'd have happily bought one because I love new tech, now I am almost just disgusted about it all.

I feel the same way. Was ready to buy a 3080 or even 3090 FE at launch but couldn’t. I still check periodically and haven’t found any at non-scalper pricing. Announcement of 3080Ti is making me look forward towards its release but with the date still up in the air, not to mention actual availability, I’m not very optimistic. If I can’t get one of those within a reasonable amount of time after it’s release, I’ll just opt to stretch this 1080Ti out for another year and hope for better luck with next gen. Paying MSRP or MSRP+ for a GPU that’s already 1/3 through its product cycle isn’t very appealing.

seems like Nvidia would be hurting 3090 sales by releasing the 3080 Ti...
It would seperate demand making the 3090 more desirable for nvlink use cases or absolute raw power with no budget. It would absolutely take sales from the 3090 audience, but that's OK because it's also keeping customers on team green.

seems like Nvidia would be hurting 3090 sales by releasing the 3080 Ti...
Yah, could be but there's a huge gap of loss opportunity between the $699 3080 and the $1499 3090. Now that AMD actually have a GPU tech that competes, AMD can run around freely between $700 and $1498 (as long as it performs at that price point) if NVIDIA doesn't counter. It's all good for us consumers tho, more choices (Stock issues aside).

Paying MSRP or MSRP+ for a GPU that’s already 1/3 through its product cycle isn’t very appealing.
That said if the next release also take 6 month+ to be easy to purchase, that make the effective cycle of the current one longer.

But you are certainly true, humain add a lot of value to now versus future good, I would also bought an 3080 Ampere on launch no question if it was easy I think, now that passed and it will maybe be a 3060Ti or a 6700xt or something lower of the sort.

Yah, could be but there's a huge gap of loss opportunity between the $699 3080 and the $1499 3090. Now that AMD actually have a GPU tech that competes, AMD can run around freely between $700 and $1498 (as long as it performs at that price point) if NVIDIA doesn't counter. It's all good for us consumers tho, more choices (Stock issues aside).
Besides that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

There's just less than no reason for the refresh. Production lines can't keep up with current demand and AMDs current lineup, while usable, doesn't beat Nvidia anywhere in a meaningful way that needs a response product. Best thing for Nvidia's profits and the end user's supply is to keep making what they are making in the largest quantities possible.

There's just less than no reason for the refresh. Production lines can't keep up with current demand and AMDs current lineup, while usable, doesn't beat Nvidia anywhere in a meaningful way that needs a response product. Best thing for Nvidia's profits and the end user's supply is to keep making what they are making in the largest quantities possible.
I can think of one reason, a new MSRP number. With of course the normal marketing of you will lose the world if you don't buy one, RT will be crap on anything else.

Back