rumor: RTX 2070, RTX 2070 SUPER, RTX 2080 SUPER, and RTX 2080 Ti production stopped says chinese website

Curiously the RTX 2080 ti Super , shows signs of still being alive !!

_rogame (@_rogame) of harwareleaks.com Tweeted:

[Unknown Nvidia GPU]

> 72 SM 4608 cuda cores
> 1.64 GHz core clock
> 12GB VRAM 14Gbps G6/384-bit bus
> 6MB L2 cache

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/compute/1141691

2080 Ti

> 68 SM 4352 cuda cores
> 1.65 GHz core clock
> 11GB VRAM 14Gbps G6/352-bit bus
> 5.5MB L2 cache

is this 2080 Ti Super ?

This has the same GPU config as Titan RTX but only has half the VRAM. The test is new as well (29 June 2020)
Titan RTX
> 72 SM 4608 cuda cores
> 1.64 GHz core clock
> 24GB VRAM 14Gbps G6/384-bit bus
> 6MB L2 cache

https://twitter.com/_rogame/status/1281215058878627841?s=20

Not surprising at all. We know the 30xx cards are launching soonish, and the previous generation is always shut down in advance. Both so they can build inventory of new cards prior to launch, and because board makers and retailers a bunch of old cards stuck in in the market when the new ones do launch because their price will drop sharply.

Considering how difficult it has been in the last week for me to find 12 identical GPUs in stock from one seller...this is probably true!

Considering how difficult it has been in the last week for me to find 12 identical GPUs in stock from one seller...this is probably true!

Jarrod Walton reports the same in THG

One thing you shouldn't count on is radically reduced pricing on current-gen graphics cards. Besides AMD's Polaris GPUs, which have been hanging around for ages at very low prices (likely as a result of overproduction for cryptocurrency mining that then fell apart), we'll likely see supplies of current cards dry up pretty quickly when the next generation GPUs arrive. In fact, there are indications that's already happening — prices on many GPUs are trending up, as inventory gets cleared out in preparation for the incoming hardware. You might score a modest sale, but it usually takes a lot longer for significant discounts (on used hardware) to materialize.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/bad-time-to-buy-graphics-card#xenforo-comments-3626545

Not surprising at all. We know the 30xx cards are launching soonish, and the previous generation is always shut down in advance. Both so they can build inventory of new cards prior to launch, and because board makers and retailers a bunch of old cards stuck in in the market when the new ones do launch because their price will drop sharply.

Also it seems mining is becoming a thing again.
This will also clean-up the stock of old cards, if true.

That and with the resurgence of the mining craze is going to end up inflating prices on all existing high-end cards.
The price hike is suggested to occur this month & My drivers report that even the mainstream GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER & the GeForce RTX 2060 will be affected. It is stated that NVIDIA has internally notified its AIB partners to adjust prices with the demand accordingly.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...-30-ampere-gaming-graphics-card-launch-close/

Mining is only going anywhere for the same reason MLM/guru scams are doing record numbers - dumb people stuck at home looking for lazy money and the whales are pumping $ in to make it look good.

September 17th looks to be the big Ampere announce Day...

That is what Overclocker seems to suggest:

Other information from our own sources allows us to think that Nvidia could announce its next RTX in the course of August. Official availability would be immediate (Founders versions) and the first custom cards could arrive in September. This last information is at this moment cross-checked by 2 different sources. They could explain the current acceleration of the stock cleaning of the high-end Turing.

https://translate.googleusercontent...mpere/&usg=ALkJrhgnmfwKXIq-qEP_M98f9CQ_xr6zFg

Via fpsreview.com

it may be safe to start making bets, as Overclocking.com has provided an additional pillar of support with its latest story, which claims that the GeForce RTX 30 Series should be out in the Fall. According to its sources, the Founders Editions would be available first, in August, followed by third-party variants in September.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/0...series-founders-editions-launching-in-august/

There is plenty of stock of the 2000 series cards available to meet demand, nVidia has a limited window with TSMC to get as many chips made as they can before they switch back over the the PS5 and Xbox chips as both of them doubled their orders for Nov to help meet the XMas rush. It would be suicidal if they wasted that production window on old parts and would guarantee a paper launch of the 3000’s.

That would be nice, I still have ancient 295x2 and 290x's as it was still "good enough", and never got around to putting it up for sale. Its about time to dump them.

That would be nice, I still have ancient 295x2 and 290x's as it was still "good enough", and never got around to putting it up for sale. Its about time to dump them.
I would HODL the 295x2 they will be increasing in value in a few years for collectors.. I know i'd snap a good one up soon at minimum price...

*ALL* cards, including new ones yet to be released.

The tears are about to start flowing again.

Last edited:
*ALL* cards, including new ones yet to be released.

The tears are about to start flowing again.

Which is why I'm hoping for as much ray tracing as possible on the the upcoming generation of cards. The more die area that's useless for ponzi coin mining, the more likely custom chips will be to displace GPUs for mining etherium/etc.

Eh. Tons of people benefitted from mining on this very forum. Both from money- making, and from the availability of used GPU's.

Back