Step one
"I have major information" or "RUMOUR!?!?"

Step two
"I don't know if this is true but I was told by an industry source..."

Step three
*make something up*

Alright, let me try.

MAJOR RUMOR ANNOUNCEMENT
There is a possibility that an UNBELIEVABLE industry leak has occurred.
And because of this potential information,
DISRUPTION is at hand.
While talking to what may have been a deep industry source, I was told this:
But I am forced to write it as a limerick to maintain credibility.

[[Nvidia produces video cards,]]
[[And AMD does too.]]
[[But before the 17th of this month,]]
[[Intel will release theirs first.]]

Last edited:
Cut those prices in half and maybe I’d be interested. God I hope it’s real it’d be hilarious to watch.

If the performance is that good, that I am all for it.

Why do you ask for the prices to be cut in half when you don't even know how the products perform?

A5D20E61-FF48-4C8A-BEC8-7DDEFC04CF18.jpeg

Based on the rumored TFLOPs and CU count the a $1199 80CU AMD is going to get utterly destroyed by a $699 3080.

I’ve also seen no recent evidence AMD has begun properly supporting thier GPU business. I think the vast majority of people are skeptical about dropping large amount of AMD GPUs.

But sure, we’ll see soon (?).

TFLOPs and CU count are not accurate representation of performance.

If it was, Radeon RX Vega 64 would beat Radeon RX 5700 XT by a mile

Sure it can change, but we go off what we know. So you think it’ll match a 3090 to justify a $1199 price? That’s a stretch historically.

Every reasonable AMD fan I know is predicting slightly under a 3080 for the 80CU.

We haven't had the announcement of the announcement yet, so clearly it's fake

Hard to believe those numbers, a 52CU RDNA2 Custom GPU lives inside of an Xbox Series X, with an 8 core zen2 chip, SSD, RAM and PSU, and that costs $499, unless it's radically different, I can't see a 56CU GPU (based on the same arch) going for $499.

View attachment 279342

Based on the rumored TFLOPs and CU count the a $1199 80CU AMD is going to get utterly destroyed by a $699 3080.

I’ve also seen no recent evidence AMD has begun properly supporting thier GPU business. I think the vast majority of people are skeptical about dropping large amount of AMD GPUs.

But sure, we’ll see soon (?).

For $1199 i would hope it destroys a $699 video card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back