RUMOR: NVIDIA Ampere GA104 Launching in April

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Krenum, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Revenant_Knight

Revenant_Knight Limp Gawd

As a 980ti owner, I'm happy that NVIDIAs near two year run on the 1000 series has kept my card relevant. That said...

...if the rumor is true...

April can't come soon enough!

Chimpee, BiH115, razor1 and 2 others like this.
  2. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

Get your pre-orders in before miners.

BiH115 and griff30 like this.
  3. wyqtor

wyqtor Limp Gawd

Same here, the 980 Ti was a very good investment!

griff30 likes this.
  4. RogueTrip

RogueTrip 2[H]4U

Ha. So was my 970. Had it since launch and even got money back for ramgate.

5. kasakka

kasakka Gawd

Yup, I haven't found any reason to change mine even today. Runs 1440p like a charm. It'll be interesting to see if the next gen Nvidia cards will be just that little bit faster than the 1080 Ti so that it will run solid 4K @ 60 fps when I eventually get one of the high refresh rate 4K displays if they ever get them to market.

6. Rizen

Rizen [H]ardForum Junkie

I'll wait for the inevitable Titan version.

7. James21

James21 [H]Lite

I will probably be trying to get one of the new cards right away as well, but it will be interesting to see if the 2080 is that much faster than the 1080Ti or if the real card to wait for is next years 2080Ti card.

8. Shintai

Shintai [H]ardness Supreme

Think of it as a 170-180W 1080TI OC as stock. That's perhaps the best compare. If you want something big over a 1080ti you want the TI equal version.

James21 likes this.
  9. razor1

razor1 [H]ardForum Junkie

Although I hope there is and that is the card I will wait for too, don't think there will be a titan version anymore, think the TI will be the top of the line Geforce card.

10. RC-Heli-3D

RC-Heli-3D [H]Lite

$1200 Low End GPU prices around the corner! :(

11. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

As long as it mines like a mofo on crack. I am in.

12. James21

James21 [H]Lite

Depending on prices, you may have to mine in down time to be able to afford one of top end Nvidia cards.
    But the Titian V is so crazy expensive i don't think you could ever get it to pay back it's cost with mining & gaming, or even make a small dent in the giant hole it will leave in your wallet.

13. ajrettke33

ajrettke33 [H]Lite

Well, at current mining rates the titan V yields about $6 per day...so it would take about 600 days to payoff....that's if crypto prices don't go up or mining yeild go down (both of which will happen I'd think).

14. James21

James21 [H]Lite

I guess 2 years for a free card is not bad if you wanted it for other things as well, it would do amazing gaming.
    But for pure mining the ROI is pretty long.

15. RC-Heli-3D

RC-Heli-3D [H]Lite

16. razor1

razor1 [H]ardForum Junkie

Not going to happen for years,

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-regulation-not-anytime-soon-says-white-house-official/

doesn't matter how or what the governments around the world try to do, until they realize crypto is here to stay, and start accepting crypto as commodities, they will not be able to police them. There is no way any government can tell people they can't use Crypto, they have no control over Crypto. China said their people can't use them, ok, but that doesn't mean they can't use them, those people still can use Crypto in other countries, just not in China, when things like that happens that's when black markets show up. There is no policing over this there too. PS, if those people are millioniares, and getting bitcoin, you should know they still can get their money they don't need to be worried that China doesn't accept Crypto as currency.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018 at 9:09 AM