[Rumor] July 30th - Dell Buy 2 Servers Get 1 Free

w00tix

n00b
Just recieved a call from my Dell rep informing me that in two weeks there will be a buy two servers get one free deal, they can be any price range as long as it is not the SC line. The two servers you purchase must be identical and you will recieve another identical server.

I believe this is the date I received from them, could be off a day or two.

Probably going to be full priced and then you get the free one. I don't know. If it's too good to be true.... you know the rest.

If I'm wrong, this would be an incredible deal

Probably going to be full priced and then you get the free one. I don't know. If it's too good to be true.... you know the rest.

If I'm wrong, this would be an incredible deal

Are you going to buy any servers if this deal is true?

I need to order o 1950s today however my Dell rep said there is no current offer. Can anyone get my an offer ID or code? I would like the free server....as I'm sure almost everyone here would.

Buy 2 get one free? Right now I have an offer sitting in my Inbox stating that I can buy select PowerEdge servers buy 1 get 1 free.

It might be for medium- and large-scale companies only, though. I suppose it's a YMMV situation--the E-Mail is from our sales contact at Dell, FYI, so if you have a dedicated salesperson at Dell you might want to inquire about the recent Dell BOGO offer on PowerEdge servers as your next step.

That is a good deal. I think 3 more would be a bit overkill for me tho.

I'd like to hear more about this buy one get one free possible deal. I have a server build lined up for a customer and, well, an extra wouldn't make me sad at all. :eek:

I'd like to hear more about this buy one get one free possible deal. I have a server build lined up for a customer and, well, an extra wouldn't make me sad at all. :eek:

It's buy 2 get 1 free, not buy 1 get 1 free sooo... :)

Check post #13 ;)

That posts states the email in his inbox right now - the "rumor" floating around is for the 2 for 1 deal that's expected on July 30th - over 2 weeks from now, hence the OP's posting and making this thread in the first place. :D

Buy 2 get one free? Right now I have an offer sitting in my Inbox stating that I can buy select PowerEdge servers buy 1 get 1 free.

It might be for medium- and large-scale companies only, though. I suppose it's a YMMV situation--the E-Mail is from our sales contact at Dell, FYI, so if you have a dedicated salesperson at Dell you might want to inquire about the recent Dell BOGO offer on PowerEdge servers as your next step.

Which "select" power edge servers can you get for that 1 for 1?

Replied to your PM.

That posts states the email in his inbox right now - the "rumor" floating around is for the 2 for 1 deal that's expected on July 30th - over 2 weeks from now, hence the OP's posting and making this thread in the first place. :D

To further qualify my earlier post, the 1:1 offer was provided via E-Mail to our company by our Senior Account Manager. The E-Mail was directed at our company specifically, and appeared to be a forward from another Dell representative (if I remember right he is from Servers/Storage/Networking group/sales?) I'm working off of my old E-Mails from Dell since I forwarded this E-Mail to my boss and deleted it (since I wasn't interested.) My boss will be in shortly and hopefully he still has it sitting around.

Which "select" power edge servers can you get for that 1 for 1?

I read the fine print at the bottom fo the E-Mail, and it excludes PowerEdge SC servers (all others qualify.) The cost is dispersed over both units--basically you pay for both units, but the total price will be one unit + shipping for two units. Refunds would be credited the discounted amount. (I read this VERY carefully, as I was interested in which units would qualify.) Oh, and I do remember the expiration of the offer was near the end of July (around the 23 maybe) and there was a limit of two free servers per customer. (I kinda' laughed when I read that.... :) )

I've been receiving a few PM's regarding this and I've been trying to help out where I can. Apparently Dell Sales reps (and their Senior counterparts) are able to roll certain deals themselves, and from what I read in the E-Mail sent to our company it appeared like a "personal" deal more than anything. From a few PM's I received it appears other sales reps will match the offer if they can validate that the customer is qualified for the offer... I don't know what "qualified" means but if anyone finds out PM me so if the E-Mail is unrecoverable/lost I can try to provide "other" information to help validate the offer.

Got this email today:

I wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that this week Dell is offering “Buy Two Get One Free” on select;
• Optiplex Desktops ( No Celeron Proc )
• Latitude Notebooks ( No Celeron Proc )
• Precision Workstations ( No Celeron Proc )
• PowerEdge Servers ( No SC Servers )
• PowerVault Storage
• Dell Network Printers (All Dell printers except 5110 Color Laser which is buy 1 get 1 free)

Quantity limit is five free units per customer and the offer expires on Friday 7/20/2007. Please call me if you would like to take advantage of this tremendous offer.

Additionally, we are offering “Refuse to Lose” pricing on all the software we sell. The below list is a small example of the many software lines we carry!

-Microsoft -Oracle -VMWare -Veritas/Symantec
-Mercury Interactive -Adobe -Citrix -McAfee Anti-Virus

Please let us know your needs & let us save you money!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Not sure if you can do this online, or if you have to be a established business with the whole Dell service-rep deal.

nice but i don't want a dell ;)

on a business level you get treated a lot better than personal computing level with Dell, these will be fully supported, no bloatware, and no proprietary parts most likely. Its like you get to see the less evil side of Dell.

buy 2 get one free servers pretty much amounts to 33% with a $1500 minimum.

looks like they're currently doing 30% on some servers right now.

good deal...but just keep that in mind. it's not like they're just giving away free shit.

buy 2 get one free servers pretty much amounts to 33% with a $1500 minimum.

looks like they're currently doing 30% on some servers right now.

good deal...but just keep that in mind. it's not like they're just giving away free shit.

Well yeah, they are fucking you right from the begining.

Because you're getting a Dell. :D

My manager at work mentioned this as a B1G1 server deal too.

I have also heard from my manager that even though were are an IBM shop we were told to see if we could find a use for a few Dell servers as they will practically be giving them away soon.

Kind of a weird question.. lets say you could buy a.. hmm 2407wfp for example with a server.. and bought two of the identical systems with two 2407wfp's .. would you get a third system with an extra 2407wfp?

that would be sweet

It was actually buy 2 get 2 free for the deal where I work. Too bad I don't need any servers.

Well yeah, they are fucking you right from the begining.

Because you're getting a Dell. :D

Spoken like someone who has never dealt with Dell Server Support. Ever. :rolleyes:

I've NEVER had bad support from the Dell server division, and I've been dealing with them since 1998. And I've had an excellent track record with their business support, aside from a brief dark period of about a year several years back when they temporarily outsourced support overseas, and then realized their major mistake (they moved business support back here).

If you buy to get the cheapest machine out there, you should expect the cheapest support, no matter who you buy it from. If you buy Dell business machines, you fare a lot better. And even the cheapest support is fine for "My hard disk died and I need a warranty replacement".

Back