[Rumor] Intel Arc A770 Early October Launch

I love the cooler design on these reference cards, hoping the look of them is popular enough for the other GPU AIB's to move away from the usual gaudy 'gaming' designs.

It's pretty obvious the 4090 is in big trouble.
Why? It's a halo card. They are always uber expensive. Will probably sell as well as the last few halo cards. IOW, not very many.

4080 variants are the ones in big trouble. JMO.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting Intel would release same day as Nvidia. Maybe they have something we didn't expect.

Acer A770

dl0zdidpd0r91.jpg

Reactions: Angry
like this
Why? It's a halo card. They are always uber expensive. Will probably sell as well as the last few halo cards. IOW, not very many.

4080 variants are the ones in big trouble. JMO.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting Intel would release same day as Nvidia. Maybe they have something we didn't expect.
Relax Mate, I believe it was a sarcastic joke. #woosh

Same day as 4090. Interesting.
Rather prudent in my mind. The attention to new graphics cards that surround Nvidia and those entice to check things out will see Nvidia $900 and up lineup compared to, ahmmm Intel $330 and down line up. I wonder what will make a better impression for the more budget restricted folks. The majority.

Rather prudent in my mind. The attention to new graphics cards that surround Nvidia and those entice to check things out will see Nvidia $900 and up lineup compared to, ahmmm Intel $330 and down line up. I wonder what will make a better impression for the more budget restricted folks. The majority.
It really depends how it performs for $330.

It really depends how it performs for $330.
At this level, how many OEM gaming orientated PCs will be available and promoted could also have a great influence. I don't see too many folks wanting a gaming PC prebuilt with any of Nvidia 40 series lineup for the price, those 40 class folks would be more DIY. OEMs may also get at cost or below the Intel GPU while Intel makes money on the whole Intel system. OEMs having viable gaming setups at reasonable costs/profits would work well for them.

As an afterthought, if Intel has any surprises, software side like something similar to DLSS 3.0 frame insertion using AI -> a new can of worms would be opened up. ARC is supposed to have good AI capability, int8, which accelerates XeSS. 2x-4x native speeds similar to DLSS 3.0?

Looks pretty good to me. Perfect? nope. 12-18 months behind? Yep. But it's great to have a third option. At the least it'll keep NVidia from charging $550+ for a 4060 in the spring of 23.(Theoretically). If people are gaming on a non gsysnc 1080p or even 1440p for the 770 i highly recommend the 750/770. Nice gaming bundles with them too. At least they gave the option for 16gb ram unlike the other company which launched one of it's flagships with 10gb :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: But yeah i think Steve will be proven wrong in the long run on this.

It doesn't look that bad with RT on. Might get one to play around with and retire my RX580 in my HTPC.

Teardown. It's a mess.

"This (ARC 770) is built in a way where it is not only inefficient in mechanical design, in industrial design, but also functionally impossible to realistically maintain if you ever wanted to, at least in a meaningful way. So, the problems with the design side, it's inefficient which means its a passed on cost to the consumer."

"(Intel) please get some real board partners to do this for you."

Back