Rumor: Dark Souls Remaster to be announced today for all current gen systems

Armenius

Extremely [H]
I'm loathe to do this since it's Kotaku and they're using "multiple [unnamed] sources in development and retail," but since it is Souls related I'll bite.

https://archive.is/p5EgS

Deepfreeze entries:
Kotaku
Laura Kate Dale
According to multiple sources, both in development and retail, in the next few hours Nintendo will announce a Nintendo Direct Mini to air shortly afterwards showing 2018 software for Switch. As part of this Nintendo Direct, Dark Souls Remastered will be revealed, updating the original game to be playable portably for the first time. Our sources say this is the closing announcement of the direct.

A few hours later it will be announced that Dark Souls Remastered is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures. One change we've been made aware of is that multiplayer will be expanded to support six concurrent players, which makes sense if the goal is to get Dark Souls' covenant system working a little more smoothly.
In addition, it is said all 3 Dark Souls titles will be ported to the Switch.
One of our sources indicates that Bandai Namco plans to bring all three Dark Souls games to Switch eventually, but the oft-rumoured 'trilogy' bundle is not how this will be happening – yet. The Dark Souls Remaster will be launching in May on all platforms.
PCGamesN republished the information and gives comments.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-remastered/dark-souls-remastered-release-date-trailer-changes

The remaster has been confirmed for all platforms, but no mention of DS2 or DS3 ports for the Switch.
I figure I'll definitely get the PC remaster. I might get the Switch one, too. DS would be a great travel game, although I imagine loud swearing and potentially throwing a Switch could be frowned upon on most planes.

The remaster has been confirmed for all platforms, but no mention of DS2 or DS3 ports for the Switch.
I figure I'll definitely get the PC remaster. I might get the Switch one, too. DS would be a great travel game, although I imagine loud swearing and potentially throwing a Switch could be frowned upon on most planes.

I kinda fucked up. I bought Dark Souls 1 for PC a couple months ago and the control was literal ass. It was terrible. I guess i'll buy it again when the remaster comes out for Switch.

I kinda fucked up. I bought Dark Souls 1 for PC a couple months ago and the control was literal ass. It was terrible. I guess i'll buy it again when the remaster comes out for Switch.

Are you playing it with KB/M? Gamepad controls are basically identical across platforms. For KB/M, you can look into DSFix. I think that helped some people. I dunno, I rock a pad full time outside twitch shooters.

Back