Rumblepad 2 not binding/showing controller picture buttons in games

multi-tasking_guy

Limp Gawd
I recently installed my Logitech Rumblepad 2 on my desktop so i can play steam games.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

The controller seems to be working fine with no problems except..

The problem is when i am playing.. in the game it still says "E pick up" letter e as in the keyboard

pickE.png

Why isn't it saying "Button 1 Pick up"

Its a big annoying, since im not using the keyboard anymore,

How can i fix games to show the correct button inside the games,

controller.PNG

Pretty much all games these days are designed to properly support xbox controllers and sometimes playstation.

You can use software like x360ce(xbox 360 controller emulator) to make the game treat it as an xbox controller which will also let you do things like swap buttons and change dead zone. I did this for a while but often games will only work with a certain version and configuration of x360ce and I got tired of messing with it.

My personal recommendation is to just get a new controller, the xbox/xbone controller is what many recommend but there are many out there that emulate the 360 controller and work just the same. I use the logitech f710 because I prefer the analog sticks next to each other and because in addition to xinput it supports dinput so it works with most older games too.

I second moving on to a new controller. If you wanted the same shape and a relatively cheap fix, you could consider the Logitech's $20 F310 as well. I used it for a while. Not wireless, but has the x-input and directinput selector switch. That said, I'm really liking the Xbox One S controller I picked up last year.

As previously mentioned everything is designed with the Xbox controllers in mind. Been that way for the last 5-6 years. Other controllers will typically still work, but support isn't really the best. If you like the layout for that controller, you can always get a PS4 controller and the Sony wireless adapter for PC. Games typically just treat it like an Xbox Controller. You'll be in the same boat of having prompts that don't match, but it's a lot easier to remember the 4 face buttons vs. a random keyboard key.

Yep, as others have said, just get an Xbox-compatible controller. Microsoft pretty much went all-in on only supporting that type, and games have followed suit for the last several years.

Back