Rule Number One - We Don't Talk About Killer Robots

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Rule Number Two - Robots must have socially aware navigation before killing untold numbers of humans. At least we know the robots with mounted guns will not knock us down accidentally before they kill us.

Check out the video.

“Socially aware navigation is a central capability for mobile robots operating in environments that require frequent interactions with pedestrians,” says Yu Fan “Steven” Chen, who led the work as a former MIT graduate student and is the lead author of the study. “For instance, small robots could operate on sidewalks for package and food delivery. Similarly, personal mobility devices could transport people in large, crowded spaces, such as shopping malls, airports, and hospitals.”

Should be somewhat simple. I mean an Apache helicoptercan track 256 targets.. er.. "social points of interest".. simultaneously. ... and that thing was out in '86!

Obligatory:

"Socially aware navigation." As long as that translates to "get the hell out of the human's way", I'm OK with that.

I sure wish I could apply the "socially aware" thingy to the guy who sits in the cube next to me! :(

After several months of deep learning in NYC and SF, the pedestrian robot has started defecating on the sidewalk and cursing at every pedestrian in its path. Researchers are still looking into how a robot evolved a physical and biological ability through deep learning.

Before we even consider allowing robots with artificial intelligence into our society, socially aware needs to go both ways.
Or things will go horribly wrong.

tumblr_nis0uei03i1u53seso1_400.gif

tumblr_mp87j7oJwY1stz4uxo1_400.gif

Agreed. Enjoyed that collection more than the other three films combined. Received Matrix Reloaded DVD as a gift soon after release. Nice surprise the extras disk had 2nd Renaissance 1&2 at the very end.

What movie/series is it?

I was hoping someone would run up and punt that robot down the hallway while it was trying to be "socially aware." :D

What movie/series is it?

I was hoping someone would run up and punt that robot down the hallway while it was trying to be "socially aware." :D
The Matrix series. Two anigifs are from 'Animatrix'. A collection of animated stories which came out after the first film. The two segments, "The Second Renaissance, parts 1&2", provide background how and why the robots took over, and how man came to be living batteries.

>> "Thus did Man become the Architect for his own demise."

Back