Rubber Grip Mice Are Slippery?

Hot Sauce

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone,

I've recently come to find with my last 2 mice that the rubber grip coating is actually extremely slippery for me. I bought the Sensei Raw a couple of months ago but found the rubber coating to be super slippery to the point where when I am playing games it keeps sliding out of my hand. Then, I recently got a DeathAdder Black Edition for my birthday which has the rubber coating and is also very slippery. I generally have very dry hands and use the fingertip grip. I'm trying to transition to the palm grip because the DA is more suited for it and it is more ergonomic, but I'm still finding it too slippery to use. I'd just like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
HotSauce

It all comes down to personal preference and experience, but in general rubber grip/soft touch mice are designed for people who tend to have moist hands. It is the humidity that creates the grip.

Many people with dry hands such as yourself experience the same issue.

I just got a Sensei Raw too but it doesn't seem to have the problem, well not yet anyways

I'm with you, OP. I can't stand those rubbery coatings on mice. At first, I thought the rubber would be excellent for gripping the mouse. Not so, for me. Just too slippery. Gimme a hard plastic shell like the original Razer Diamondback or Corsair M65 (my current mouse).

There's a Dragon Age 2 version of the DeathAdder that uses a hard plastic shell instead of the rubber coating. Might be worth a try if you can find one. Newegg used to carry them. Probably could locate more with a little Google-Fu.

I think these mice might be designed for those that use moisturizer...frequently...at their desk.

Back