RTX2060 or GTX1660Ti?

gtrguy

Limp Gawd
Both these cards are available at the same price. Gaming at 1080p, which do you suggest? Why?

Gigabyte RTX2060 Windforce OC

versus

Asus ROG Strix GTX1660Ti Advanced Edition

Thanks

Obviously the RTX card, because if you really have the option of getting either card for the same price, why wouldn't you want the faster one with more features?

That was my first reaction too just seemed weird that they would be priced the same if the RTX is superior. I’m also wondering about the quality of the Gigabyte versus the Asus- my only experience with Gigabyte was a motherboard years ago that didn’t last while I’ve always found my Asus boards to be reliable.

To be fair the rtx features on the low end cards aren’t very useful.
As far as Asus vs Gigabyte, that’s a grab bag. No clear winner for warranty or support.

mid I were just purely gaming without rtx, I’d still choose the rtx card.

I'm going to jump in here and get some other opinions as I'm picking between the same GPUs but different card that differently priced.

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Windforce Rev 2.0 - $270

MSI 1660ti Ventus OC - $220, possibly with a $15 MIR as well.

Coming from a GTX 970. 1080@144hz. Plan is to resell and upgrade next gen when the first good deal comes along in roughly the same segments ($200-$400 range). Not really a must play games on day 1 person, so if next years games are to demanding I can back burner them.

1660ti in that case.... as I said earlier rtx on a 2060 is pointless. And don’t take my word, check it out for yourself.

I pulled the trigger on a 2060 last night for a Black Friday deal simply because GPU prices in Canada are f'ed. I paid $365 for it and the next cheapest 2060 I saw locally is going for $419. But that being said from what I've seen benchmark wise an OC'ed 1660ti doesn't hit 2060 levels. So if you OC a 2060 you're that much further ahead. Food for thought.

1660ti or 1660 Super. Get whatever one you can find for the cheapest. They both perform about the same in almost all games. Both seem to overclock well, but with the 1660 Super you've got the increased memory bandwidth which seems to be more important in most games compared to having a few extra CUDA cores that the TI has.

I can't imagine paying $100 more for a 2060 given that it's marginally faster in most titles, and if the goal is 1080p gaming it's like the difference between 90 FPS and 100 FPS. Really not worth it IMO.

Last edited:
Back