RTX Titan Won't Install?

Daishi123

Limp Gawd
Been trying to get this stupid fucking card working for the past few hours. Its replacing my old Pascal Titan.

Cleaned all the drivers plugged it in, reinstalled the drivers through GeForce Experience. Its staying locked at 1024 res, Status is"Windows has stopped this device yatta yatta yatat Code 43). I've moved it to different slots nothing. MB is a ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 board.

Put back in the Pascal and it works fine. I'm out of ideas outside of reinstalling the system and I'm not sure that'll work at this point.

Have the latest firmware for your MoBo? The latest is v1902 <--- download link

You may have a bad RTX Titan.

Been trying to get this stupid fucking card working for the past few hours. Its replacing my old Pascal Titan.

Cleaned all the drivers plugged it in, reinstalled the drivers through GeForce Experience. Its staying locked at 1024 res, Status is"Windows has stopped this device yatta yatta yatat Code 43). I've moved it to different slots nothing. MB is a ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 board.

Put back in the Pascal and it works fine. I'm out of ideas outside of reinstalling the system and I'm not sure that'll work at this point.
Have you tried it in a different machine?

I agree with the others suggesting it's a bad card, though.

What about the latest chipset drivers and any applicable Intel chipset/controller firmware updates directly from Intel?

Nope don't have any other machines to try it in. Ya gotta be the card, its not trigging any of the nvidia installed software like the settings tab or anything. And I have to manually start "Geforce Experience" to even get the drivers to install with it. Vs even having cleaned the drivers, and then reintalled them with the RTX the pascal immediately installs no problem along with triggering all the software.

Sigh...should have just bought this damn thing at the local Microcenter instead of ordering direct.

There have been a few reports of the RTX Titans being dead on arrival. Those who wanted 2 would find 1 dead. Total drag.

There have been a few reports of the RTX Titans being dead on arrival. Those who wanted 2 would find 1 dead. Total drag.
On the other hand, if you ordered two, you could at least play games on the working one while you RMA'd the other.

Not that I wouldn't be upset about it myself.

Anyone got a actual phone number to call to start a RMA? Nvidia's whole process is a joke with this online crap.

Some people have had success with changing out the PSU when this happens. What kind of PSU are you running?

Are you running the Titan off of two separate PCIe cables? If so, I'm going to have to go with what others are saying about a bad card.

Also, I've RMA'd with Nvidia before and it was super easy using the chat service.

Booting into low res and a "Code 43" means your card is dead. Get that RMA going, nVidia should cross ship you a new one.

They did not do this for me, but they did overnight my replacement once they received the RMA card.

It's worth mentioning that the FedEx label they emailed me was for overnight as well so the whole process took less than a week.

Nope don't have any other machines to try it in. Ya gotta be the card, its not trigging any of the nvidia installed software like the settings tab or anything. And I have to manually start "Geforce Experience" to even get the drivers to install with it. Vs even having cleaned the drivers, and then reintalled them with the RTX the pascal immediately installs no problem along with triggering all the software.

Sigh...should have just bought this damn thing at the local Microcenter instead of ordering direct.
Wait...

Did you install GeForce Experience first, then tried to install the driver using GeForce Experience?

Don't do that. Download the driver package from here and run it (DDU first). When it asks, try installing the driver only. If it doesn't ask (can't find compatible hardware) then you know for sure it's dead. If it installs and you're in the same situation it will also confirm the card is dead.
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/141906

Are you running the Titan off of two separate PCIe cables? If so, I'm going to have to go with what others are saying about a bad card.

Also, I've RMA'd with Nvidia before and it was super easy using the chat service.

Yup two different cables.

Wait...

Did you install GeForce Experience first, then tried to install the driver using GeForce Experience?

Don't do that. Download the driver package from here and run it (DDU first). When it asks, try installing the driver only. If it doesn't ask (can't find compatible hardware) then you know for sure it's dead. If it installs and you're in the same situation it will also confirm the card is dead.
https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/141906

Ya tried that also this morning, no joy same issue :(

Their RMA process is slow as hell, did the chat thing this morning waited a bit for a rep. So now I'm just waiting for the RMA team to do their thing and send me the details for the swap.

LOL Ground shipping label back, and up to 15 day turn around time......for a DOA 2400 dollar card.
Wow... They're really living up that "nGreedia" moniker, huh. Not even one single penny to spend on customer service.

Someone mentioned PCI-E cables earlier, and it got me thinking. You're not trying to use a PCI-E riser in a case like the Thermaltake Core P series, are you? I've had some similar problems to this with the original cable that came with my Core P5. Replacing it with their revised riser cable, or simply plugging the card straight into the motherboard fixed those issues.

Nope. Plugged into the top slot on the picture here. And the additional power cables go straight to the PS and aren't a Y cable.

I see that the cables your power supply uses have capacitors built into them. Try switching to un-capacitor cables and see what happens.

I looked up your Power Supply on Amazon, they appear to have capacitors installed under the rubber shrink tubing, notice the bulge in them. Its common practice now days, but I have read many issues and solved a couple in regards to troubles with those type of cables & graphics cards.

Try plugging in 8pin cables that don't have capacitors installed in them and see if it fixes your issue.

Where's he going to get these capacitorless cables, though? Or does the power supply come with some?

Did you download the drivers for Titans or geforce?

I know that if you try to install geforce drivers with a titan rtx, it wont work, at least thats how it was with the 417.35 drivers.

Did you download the drivers for Titans or geforce?

I know that if you try to install geforce drivers with a titan rtx, it wont work, at least thats how it was with the 417.35 drivers.

What error msg? But I don't see any specific drivers for the RTX Titan, just "
GeForce Game Ready Driver"

From Nvidia's main page select from the drop down menu at the top: drivers> all nvidia drivers.
Then on the page that loads: Under product type select titan and go from there.
You may need to select geforce then reselect titan. I just noticed this behavior.

What error msg? But I don't see any specific drivers for the RTX Titan, just "
GeForce Game Ready Driver"
Screenshot_2019-01-31 Download Drivers NVIDIA.png
Screenshot_2019-01-31 Drivers GeForce1.png

Its the same driver no difference from what I can tell. And ya same issue, tried it for the hell of it.

According to the Google & other forum posts I've seen "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems(Code 43) for my graphics card. Error code 43 is a generic message that typically indicates a problem with the hardware or software in Windows operating system. This error is often reported in Windows Device Manager".

Since we've ruled out Software, we can only assume is a hardware issue. I'm still leary of those PCI-E cables, but since your other graphics card works on them, then its got to be the Titan. Have you switched PCI-E Slots to rule out possible slot damage yet?

That really sucks man, $2400 dollars is a lot of money. I hope you get a quick RMA on it. For that price it a replacement should be overnighted to you!

Ya tried all of the slots.....lol ya not impressed with the RMA service.

The shipping slip is ground...and they said it could take upto 15 days to get it back out to me.

Every time that happened to me it was a corrupted VBIOS. Reflash the VBIOS and boom, started working.

Back