RTX on windows 8.1

Michaelius

Supreme [H]ardness
I noticed that Nvidia only have windows 7 or windows 10 drivers for RTX series. 8.1 has same drivers but with * saying it's not covering 20xx series.

Is there any way to get win 7 drivers working on 8.1 (iirc it was said it's possible when AMD dropped 8.1 suport totally)

Now I've got two order for pickup one is MSi 2070 Armor and the other is 1080ti (Gigabyte Gaming) and I have to cancel one :)

Just buy a cheap copy 10.00-20.00 bucks for Windows 10 key off ebay look for a good seller that is selling legit keys. Windows 10 is so far ahead of 8 right now with website notifications and security.

I can understand why (but disagree with) people sticking to Win 7. But there is almost no reason to stay on 8.1. Just upgrade.

And I really hope you are not buying an RTX 2070 or GTX 1080 ti to put in that system you have in your sig. Pairing either of those cards with an old i5 and 8gb of ram would be a bit foolish.

Your Window 8 license will install windows 10. Free. Just make an install stick from microsoft and either punch in your windows 8 code or if it's embedded in the motherboard you don't have to do anything... just install and it'll be activated.

As long as you are installing from scratch, any windows 7 or windows 8 license will STILL activate Windows 10. No muss, no fuss.

Guys I'm not asking about win 10 ;) I've used every windows since 3.11 and I don't want W10 in my pc as long as any viable alternative exists.

And I really hope you are not buying an RTX 2070 or GTX 1080 ti to put in that system you have in your sig. Pairing either of those cards with an old i5 and 8gb of ram would be a bit foolish.

Nah I was too lazy to update it - it's 6700k with 16 GB of ram now :)

Well anyway I got that 1080ti

Back