RTX 4xxx / RX 7xxx speculation

4k 120hz+ needs all the power we can get, and VR. I completely disagree with "GPUs seem to be advancing faster than graphics and monitor technology." - without even talking about Raytracing.

Bad news for everyone, this is supposedly what the Zotac 4090 looks like.

Attachments

• zotac rtx 4090 leak.png
    zotac rtx 4090 leak.png
    500.8 KB · Views: 1
  • zotac rtx 4090 box.jpg
    zotac rtx 4090 box.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
Yeah I mentioned before these GPUs are too fast to be useful and got butchered for it.
I guess 4K 144 Hz? Or higher raytracing settings without DLSS? VR? People will find a way.

GPUs seem to be advancing faster than graphics and monitor technology.
Games like Cyberpunk 2077 absolutely bring the 3090 to its knees at 4K with ray tracing. You can edge above 60 FPS with DLSS.

GPUs seem to be advancing faster than graphics and monitor technology.
Even the 5995WX takes a while to complete the scene in cinebench. So when we can crank out 144 of those in less than a second, at even 1080P, not to mention 4K, then maybe we can say...

Not bad news for me, even if I had the money for a 4090, I sure as hell wouldn't be spending it on a Zotac card!
I get what you mean though, if this is an indication that other 4090's will need a 4 slot cooler 😒
Wouldn´t mind a 4 slot cooler on a lower end card then the 4090 if it means it becomes more quiet! Seriously. When I bought a 2080 TI, I bought it purely on noise characteristics (Asus Rog Strix 2080 TI).

But perhaps Jensen put in too much yeast?
NVIDIA-HGX-2-Tesla-A100-edition-with-Jensen-Huang-Oven-PCIe-Side.jpg

Supposedly the human eye can perceive up to 1000 frames per second(which is probably true, more fps is always more enjoyable) When we get 4k monitors with 1000Hz and computers that can deliver 1000fps in 4K, that will be the real thing...
And not this, what I'm struggling with now with rdr2 where it barely exceeds 60fps at 1080p, and drops when it's dense and up to 30fps, that's very bad.
Where is the power supply on this zotac rtx 4090? Is anyone home? Now they all have 12pin, so you can't figure out from the pictures how much they will suck.
Everything seems to me that this rtx 4000 does not bring any progress, progress based only on a lower production process, i.e. a higher clock rate and nothing more.

What I was getting it is what new magic sauce is nvidia gonna bring to the table, if any?

"Project Beyond", Beyond what?

DLSS etc. were qualitative upgrades. We're weeks away from launch and I've not seen any mention of new tech, just 'new node, faster more power'.

What I was getting it is what new magic sauce is nvidia gonna bring to the table, if any?

DLSS etc. were qualitative upgrades. We're weeks away from launch and I've not seen any mention of new tech, just 'new node, faster more power'.
That is what September 20th is about. All the "leaks" are nothing more then rumors.

It seems like the TSMC 4nm process is impressive compared to Samsung's 8nm. The full AD102 die reportedly fits over 75 billion transistors in a surface area smaller than the GA102 and its 28.3 billion transistors. AD102 is 616 mm² compared to 628 mm² with the GA102. That is a 2.65x improvement in density and nothing to sneeze at. It will be the kind of performance jump we haven't seen since Maxwell -> Pascal.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-ad102-gpu-reportedly-has-more-than-75-billion-transistors

I will LOL even harder at a 192 bit 4080 that's really just a rebranded 4070, but now more expensive.

Looking at the leaked specs, it looks like the selling point will be: twice the performance at twice the power! I kinda like the idea honestly, at least it gives people options, but I don't know how popular it will be to have a 500W space-heater in your PC.

So what's the 'killer app' gonna be for this gen then? Seems it's gonna be about the most jaded generation yet.

1080 - 4K Gaming!
2080 - Ray Tracing!
3080 - Mining Playable Ray Tracing + 8K!
4080 - ???

o_O
I think it’s all about 4k. The way I see it:

The 2000-series made 4k gaming possible.

The 3000-series made it acceptable.

The 4000-series hopefully will make it enjoyable.

Looking at the leaked specs, it looks like the selling point will be: twice the performance at twice the power! I kinda like the idea honestly, at least it gives people options, but I don't know how popular it will be to have a 500W space-heater in your PC.
The 3090 Ti has the same 450W TDP that the leaked specs for the 4090 has.

GTA V is an old title and anything below 60fps isnt really acceptable. Run those same cards on a modern title like RDR2, Cyberpunk 2077, etc and see where they end up.
I think the point was that it's been possible for cards to play AAA titles of their generation at 4k in the past.

The difference from the 4090 to the 4080s feel like will make the giant price difference make more sense for the rich gamer this time around.

The difference between the 2 4080 do seem to be very large, which is a bit strange, but could be a sign that they have a giant range of performance to play with, if the 4090 is really twice a 3090 ti, it leave a lot of room to do a lot of binning in the 4080-4090 class of card has everything above a 3090ti could/should be in that tier.

I’m not a fan of the 4080 models having a noticeable performance gap but sharing the same model name. It was bad with the 1060 3GB vs 6GB and it’s not a good sign that they are continuing down that road.
Will see if they end up being the exact same name, with both the super and TI nomenclature establish in the recent past I am not sure if I understand it, specially how vastly different outside the ram amount they are rumoured to be.

Christ 660w custom cards 4090 with the default at 450 is ridiculous. A lot of the 3090s had bios for 400-450w already from a TGP of 350, now 3090ti and 4090 just going bonkers. I want 150fps+ at 4k with RT and DLSS on but I don't want to be baked in my gaming room. AIB 3090s are already hot as is. I dont know if you can do 4090 in an ITX comfortably. Have to get a SFX-L psu and then these things will be even longer and thicker than 3090s.

I don't want to be baked in my gaming room.

I dont know if you can do 4090 in an ITX comfortably.
I think the solution is watercooling. It's what watercooling is for. Dissipate heat in a place other than where it was generated. I was going to do it with a couple cards I got on here that came with waterblocks, but I just didn't have the motivation for a gtx 680. I was going to run a copper pipe to a rad outside as I have a few spares. Another idea is wrap it up around the waterheater.

I think the solution is watercooling. It's what watercooling is for. Dissipate heat in a place other than where it was generated. I was going to do it with a couple cards I got on here that came with waterblocks, but I just didn't have the motivation for a gtx 680. I was going to run a copper pipe to a rad outside as I have a few spares. Another idea is wrap it up around the waterheater.
If I end up getting the 4090 to I might do what linus from LTT did and put it in my server room which has whole mini split to cool that room. Would be a PITA because I didn't have anyone run cables already for it.

I thought you were gunna say do what LTT did and use your pool as a radiator! I don't know if they did that, but someone on here mentioned it. You'd have to pre-filter out the leaves and stuff.

I thought you were gunna say do what LTT did and use your pool as a radiator! I don't know if they did that, but someone on here mentioned it. You'd have to pre-filter out the leaves and stuff.
Oh no, I would have to dig up the pool. Not happening at this point. I did recently get quotes for the solar panels that can heat up the pool though.

Back