RTX 4xxx / RX 7xxx speculation

Such a dumb card. Rather buy an EVGA 3090 off ebay for $800. Double VRAM, better warranty, lower price.
I picked up RTX 3080 10gb Evga xc3 on forums for $525 with 2 year warranty. i am waiting for RTX 5000 series / RX 8000 series come out, I built pc for price of RTX 4090 :O

I feel we are turning point with Gpu's just like GTX 8800 and GTX 570/580 and GTX titan, new tech faster performance, I believe the reason for prices of RTX 4080/RTX 4090.

CPU and GPU's are going through every 5-10 years. I've noticed big tech advancement are every 5-10 years it seems like.

I can be totally wrong, its just how i see it.

BA575178-7B15-419A-B376-93A104E2E927.png

That a bit nuts:

at 11:58 for the average
Using 50+ game title

at 1440p the 7900xtx is in average 1% slower and at 4K 1% faster, i.e. way below margin of error (i imagine under 5% would be in that a driver update away to shift) tie in both case, considering that some Call of Duty, metro exodus enhanced edition has huge delta it shows that if one want to try to tell a story one way or an other easily could by picking games (or be unlucky in their selection)., would Nvidia get closer price wise it would be quite a depends on what game you play pick.

Both Asus Aorus edition so I imagine well matched here, the xtx used was a 400watt/2.7ghz one, 2.7ghz on the 4080 has well.

it is impressive that a 256 bits 716 gb/s keep up at 4k not just a 1440p, which would go into the line of some panic when reading raw spec sheet in advance, the companies know what they are doing and even tested if it was an issue or not

Last edited:
I am not sure about the better warrenty, I imagine there is ways around the original purchaser ("Original Purchaser") from EVGA.com or an EVGA Authorized Reseller (each an "Authorized Reseller") clause, but does the Transferable Limited Warranty is available for Second-Hand Purchasers of a 2020/2021 evga card will have a better warrenty than a new 4070TI ?

even the nice 3 years warranty will be running up soon for the fall 2020 models and the 4070TI will be closer to the 3090TI than 3090, will have to see if the power difference make up for paying taxes.

Would not be surprised to see average AIB 4070 ti at $1000 street price.
The leaked prices posted earlier started at $850 but most were closer to $900. The Strix will probably be $1k.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see a 4080 price cut coming down the pipe. Probably $100 off.

So the leaks were true after all !?

AMD’s Gaming RDNA 3 GPU For Radeon RX 7900 XTX Hits 4 GHz Clocks In Non-Gaming Workloads, Less Than 3 GHz in Games​

https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-gpu...on-gaming-workloads-less-than-3-ghz-in-games/

Can #Navi31 reach 3,0 GHz+ with ease? Yes, it can - but not in games. However, running compute tasks, we measured almost 3,5 GHz on Sapphire's Nitro+ in Blender - not eating up the power budget.

Blender: ~3,5 GHz, ~400 W
Games: ~2,9 GHz, 500 W (limit)

https://twitter.com/ComputerBase/status/1615617811988074498

That sucks - heavy power consumption card and whenever it gets real raytracing - it still will lag behind Nvidia's. A real disappointment.
Check open data Blender - you can enter the hardware and select type of rendering method - cuda, optix, hip etc.
E.g. 3090 - 3623 score w/ CUDA, 5900 using OptiX (Nvidia's raytracing enabled)
7900 XTX - 3590 - HIP - when HIP RT - works in Blender 3.5, apparently, I doubt it delivers anything much higher.
3080s and 3090s are still available on the used market - for way less than a new 7900 XTX!!

When something is called Nitro+ and you push it, it became buyer aware of power-heat incoming and fully ok to me, what cards do while using 500 watts could become somewhat a irrelevant trivia , but at that price points it is probably not that uncommon in that niche world the % that would be interested.

That sucks - heavy power consumption card and whenever it gets real raytracing - it still will lag behind Nvidia's. A real disappointment.
Check open data Blender - you can enter the hardware and select type of rendering method - cuda, optix, hip etc.
E.g. 3090 - 3623 score w/ CUDA, 5900 using OptiX (Nvidia's raytracing enabled)
7900 XTX - 3590 - HIP - when HIP RT - works in Blender 3.5, apparently, I doubt it delivers anything much higher.
3080s and 3090s are still available on the used market - for way less than a new 7900 XTX!!

It basically has the same ray tracing power as the 3080 3090 range you recommended, However most people could still care less about ray tracing performance, but a 7900XTX is more then capable of ray tracing, unless you also thought the 3080 3090 sucked at ray tracing? Also yes I am sure you can find yourself a perfectly abused 3080 or 3090 former mining card for cheaper as well. You also used a benchmark that included Cuda cores something AMD does not have, obviously if you need Cuda cores then AMD was not in your future anyway.

It basically has the same ray tracing power as the 3080 3090 range you recommended, However most people could still care less about ray tracing performance, but a 7900XTX is more then capable of ray tracing, unless you also thought the 3080 3090 sucked at ray tracing? Also yes I am sure you can find yourself a perfectly abused 3080 or 3090 former mining card for cheaper as well. You also used a benchmark that included Cuda cores something AMD does not have, obviously if you need Cuda cores then AMD was not in your future anyway.
Yes, but correct me if I'm wrong but HIP (part of ROCm) is AMD's tool for converting CUDA? Aka 'Cuda alternative.' Anyway, I picked the 3090 because - for some reason - it was one the series that provided both Cuda and OptiX scores. I think the 3080 just didn't have a Cuda tester - as it didn't show up if you filtered only Cuda benchmark returns. OptiX is faster and probably selected instead of Cuda, now? The 7900 XTX probably out performs the 3080 and 3090 in gaming but not so in productivity tasks even though it costs twice as much - that's pretty bad so I made the comparison.

The 7900 XTX probably out performs the 3080 and 3090 in gaming but not so in productivity tasks even though it costs twice as much - that's pretty bad so I made the comparison.
Cool? Nobody cared when AMD cards were better at compute productivity. Why care now?

Cool? Nobody cared when AMD cards were better at compute productivity. Why care now?
Hypocrisy either way is bad. Plenty of AMD fans crowed about that once upon a time.

Meh, doesn't matter to me either way since I just play games. Matters for folks who make money with their cards though.

AMD RDNA 3 refresh rumor suggests all RDNA 3+ SKUs have been canned​

hardware leaker @All_The_Watts claims on Twitter that the RDNA 3+ (refresh of RDNA 3) has been canceled.

Per the leaker, AMD has binned all RDNA 3+ SKUs as they failed to hit performance and efficiency targets. The leaker goes on to say that RDNA 3+ is “bad all platforms”.

All_The_Watts had previously suggested that the RDNA 3+ would be the “true full fix” as flagship Navi 31 featured in the RX 7900 XT/XTX and mid-range Navi 33 suffer from identical hardware bugs that Team Red was unable to discover until it was too late.

The cancelation of the RDNA 3 refresh could be real, as Paul from RedGamingTech has also heard similar reports from some of his sources. Curiously, a few of Paul’s sources maintain that the RDNA 3 refresh is still happening, but it will be a while before the boards are released.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Disma...3-RX-7000-SKUs-have-been-canned.684174.0.html

AMD RDNA 3 refresh rumor suggests all RDNA 3+ SKUs have been canned​

hardware leaker @All_The_Watts claims on Twitter that the RDNA 3+ (refresh of RDNA 3) has been canceled.

Per the leaker, AMD has binned all RDNA 3+ SKUs as they failed to hit performance and efficiency targets. The leaker goes on to say that RDNA 3+ is “bad all platforms”.

All_The_Watts had previously suggested that the RDNA 3+ would be the “true full fix” as flagship Navi 31 featured in the RX 7900 XT/XTX and mid-range Navi 33 suffer from identical hardware bugs that Team Red was unable to discover until it was too late.

The cancelation of the RDNA 3 refresh could be real, as Paul from RedGamingTech has also heard similar reports from some of his sources. Curiously, a few of Paul’s sources maintain that the RDNA 3 refresh is still happening, but it will be a while before the boards are released.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Disma...3-RX-7000-SKUs-have-been-canned.684174.0.html
This is not currently true.

Last edited:
Huh? Nvidia cards have been better at compute for a while. Look at Blender scores since version 3.1 or whatever? AMD has had years to catch up and their only chance is HIP RT (their own raytracing?). I would like to go with AMD as a Linux user but check open data (on the Blender website) and some sources like TechGage which test a variety of cards.
AMD might excel in gaming - but, it's hardly a huge gap yet the productivity scores/performance does have a significant gap to speak of - unfortunately.

Hypocrisy either way is bad. Plenty of AMD fans crowed about that once upon a time.

Meh, doesn't matter to me either way since I just play games. Matters for folks who make money with their cards though.
Yeah and Nvidia isn't really inferior at games - from the benchmarks I've seen - they just overprice the cards. AMD could have really stuck it to Nvidia but kept their own prices high and both have been embroiled in controversial hardware issues/problems.

Cool! You don't even know how the RX 6600 XT and 7500 will fare in there. lol
One of the weird scandals is why the GTX 1630 and RX 6400 are so expensive for what they really are.

One of the weird scandals is why the GTX 1630 and RX 6400 are so expensive for what they really are.

Not sure about the 1630, but with the RX 6400 XT ($140) & RX 6500 XT ($160), it looks like AMD has hit upon a floor price based on the economics of silicon/board manufacture & distribution costs

Where are the AMD RX 7800/7700/7600 graphics cards? a bad news

https://news-mydrivers-com.translate.goog/1/892/892905.htm?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB

According to the latest statement, the release of other new models of the RX 7000 series may be delayed, and it is very likely that they will have to wait until the 618 event (June 18th shopping event in China).

Even, it is not ruled out that AMD will launch RX 7800, RX 7700, and RX 7600 series at the same time
, which has never happened before

Via wccftech
https://wccftech.com/amd-to-introdu...00-rx-7600-rdna-3-gpus-at-competitive-prices/

Amd sales on AMD.com the 16gb 6950xt for $700

For $570 on newegg you have a 16gb powercolor 6800xt.

6800xt is 77% of an 7900xt at 1440p, 6950xt is about 86-87% of an 7900xt.

Do wonder how much room you have for a better performance-price option appearing while keeping that 7900xt at the $900 msrp

Say a 7800xt card at $750, you need to be 10% better than the 6950xt marketing wise ?, that would be almost the 7900xt

will be hard to compete with their easy to find well priced stock, it would help AMD if all the under $600 new 6800xt get out of stock.

I am not sure I see much room between the 6800xt and what those options would be at the price point AMD would want them to be.

Last edited:
Back