RTX 4xxx / RX 7xxx speculation

Lovelace news @ GTC September 20th.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/45...g-on-q2-2023-results-earnings-call-transcript

"In Gaming, our partners and ecosystem are responding to a sudden slowdown in consumer demand and correcting channel inventory. Still, the fundamentals of gaming are strong. We’ll get through this over the next few months and go into next year with our new architecture. I look forward to telling you more about it at GTC next month."

https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/keynote/
"Gaming."

Lovelace news @ GTC September 20th.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/45...g-on-q2-2023-results-earnings-call-transcript

"In Gaming, our partners and ecosystem are responding to a sudden slowdown in consumer demand and correcting channel inventory. Still, the fundamentals of gaming are strong. We’ll get through this over the next few months and go into next year with our new architecture. I look forward to telling you more about it at GTC next month."

https://www.nvidia.com/gtc/keynote/
1661514004867.jpg

I am often asked why a GPU costs as much as a whole gaming console Stitch1
It’s because that’s what Jensen Huang wants!

I think a portion of the ampere purchasers will skip a generation.

My 3080 plays EVERY single game at absolute max settings easily above GSync minimum FPS so I have no real incentive to upgrade. To my eyes with hardware GSync on my Alienware AW3418DW, if it stays in G-Sync range I don’t see a problem.

So I’ll have gone from buying 14 ampere cards, to buying zero 40x0 cards. (Unless Crypto picks back up again)

Nvidia stock - I am your pain!
(And my own since I hold Nvidia stock in my portfolio).

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce...cs-performance-rumor-over-2-6-ghz-gpu-clocks/
Absolutely everything has that new 1x16 pin, even the weakest 4060.
As I said, they set it up correctly and deliberately aimed for the rtx 4060ti to be in the range of the rtx 3080.
First off their source is a random new Twitter account, so it could be anybody spouting BS.
Secondly it's impossible to know the exact 3dmark score of a GPU this far in advance.

Moving on... 3060 Ti to 3070 is 15% gain.
The hypothetical 4060 Ti and 4070 we have right now are 23% (3080 vs 3090 Ti). I still expect the 4070 as we currently know it to be $600. That would leave this disappointing by comparison 4060 Ti at $400 ideally. This gives Nvidia the opportunity to say "3080 performance for $400" or whatever.

The old $400 and $500 MSRPs aren't going to work for these two, given the performance gap.

Also there's that 10 GB 160-bit GPU again.

Last edited:
Wasn't going to upgrade but I think my 3090 strix is broken so guess I am going to be in the market for a 4090 as long as it will fit in an ITX case and a SFX psu can run it.

Hope you AT LEAST have 1000W SFX-L PSU

I have a the 700W version but I'm looking to gwt the 1000W for a build.
I bought one a long time ago for the Ncase m1 but didnt really like the fit so I put it back and left it in the box and forgot about it. I'm running the corsair SF750 right now in all of my SFX boxes.

No more low and midrange, only very high and then high after that.
Apparently nvidia sold a lot of rtx 3090 cards, that's why they are now going immediately with the strongest models.
Amd could fix it, but probably not considering how they played with rx 6000, rx 6600xt currently with me the cheapest at 450 euros,graphics costs as much as the entire console and far from the performance of rx 6800.

Last edited:
I've been putting power straight to my hog but I do nout think lovelace ada me yet.

It’s not a bad business strategy to help clear out all the 3080 stock before releasing a replacement but I do hope they do and bring that performance tier available to everyone who skipped that tier last gen. I will stick with my msrp 3080 most likely.

Aren't AMD doing the same thing? Releasing their high end card first and the rest next year. Haven't they got a lot of stock that they need to get rid of?

That’s a good question, haven’t read much about AMD stock situation. I do know that Nvidia makes and sells a LOT more GPUs and therefore has a much larger inventory in general, $-wise.

Nvidia have never dropped prices on old gens. Expect the 4080 to cost more or equal to a 3090ti, and the 4080ti to set a new record high. AMD has no answer.

Nvidia have never dropped prices on old gens. Expect the 4080 to cost more or equal to a 3090ti, and the 4080ti to set a new record high. AMD has no answer.
I wanna say they have at some point lowered prices in the distant past, but can't recall when. I know there was a long period when prices stayed largely the same.

Remains to be seen what AMD has, but it will assuredly be competitive.

Looks super fake, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/KittyYYuko/status/1565377778089725952

Differences (vs 3090 FE):
Fan blades are different.
Fan is larger.
Silver trim is slightly different -- Many of the cutouts are missing (bottom left) and the trim itself is flat instead of curved along the top.
Fan eats into the trim on the top, bottom, and right side.
VideoCardz also claims the font change matches the new font on Nvidia's website.

https://videocardz.com/newz/alleged-geforce-rtx-4080-graphics-card-has-been-pictured

FblWog2VQAA12M4?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

geforce-rtx-3090-shop-630-d@2x.png

Last edited:
I wanna say they have at some point lowered prices in the distant past, but can't recall when. I know there was a long period when prices stayed largely the same.

Remains to be seen what AMD has, but it will assuredly be competitive.
The GTX 780 was lowered to $499 from $649 when the 780 Ti came out. The GTX 1080 FE dropped to $549 from $699 when the 1080 Ti came out. As far as price drops on old stock? I don't recall NVIDIA ever doing that. Retailers will to clear it out for the new cards.

It's fake AF. Look at how the X in "RTX" hovers over the crease.
There are too many changes for it to be a photoshop.
I mean, the label could be shopped, but everything else can't be. The card, fake or real, physically exists.

Someone would have to find a larger version of Nvidia's fans, then modify the heatsink and shroud to install it onto a 3090. Then they have to fake the label (real or photoshop), using the same font as Nvidia's website. Then also modify the silver trim (real or photoshop). It's a lot of work to fake a card, borderline impossible I'd say.

If it were the same fan as the 3090/Ti I'd probably agree with you.

Last edited:
If the picture of the card is real, I think Nvidia may be thinking of not holding back the 4080 release any longer as it will clearly affect future company revenue (getting worse). They already projected to lose another $400M in datacenter segment revenue due to recent US gov action on export control of high technology items.

Fingers crossed for 4080 release coming soon?

In the VideoCardz comments, someone mentioned the old 4090 Ti leaked heatsink from a few months ago. After a little more digging, it also seems to match the new leak.

"4090 Ti" top, 3090 Ti FE bottom.
It has the same missing fins around the edge of the fan, where the fan pushes into the trim.

HWhXsN7hHPvoGjHoaERJAR-970-80.jpg.webp

cooler1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say it's real. If making a fake, why make the "4080" not in bold font like it is on the 3090?

Anyone good enough to shop the fan etc. wouldn't be stupid enough to make such a glaring 'mistake'.

If the picture of the card is real, I think Nvidia may be thinking of not holding back the 4080 release any longer as it will clearly affect future company revenue (getting worse). They already projected to lose another $400M in datacenter segment revenue due to recent US gov action on export control of high technology items.

Fingers crossed for 4080 release coming soon?
I'd say they're still on track for an October launch as has been rumored for the past year. NVIDIA already said they would be doing an RTX update at GTC at the end of the month.

That still looks like a rushed render
You can find the 3080 iGame which uses the same card design on their website here:
https://en.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=102&id=1815

They re-used the same render found here (with new power connector):
https://en.colorful.cn/editor/attached/image/20201027/20201027110620_7905.jpg

The angle and positioning of the picture is different. The "4080/RTX" labels in the corner of the box are also changed.
Could easily be faked.

Last edited:
This seems odd. I figured the 4080ti would be 12 GB and the 3080 as 16 GB but it looks like the 3080 has a version of each.
Sooo... will the 12 GB version be 192 bit with some type of infinity cache or a 256 bit hybrid? (4 modules with 2 GB and 4 modules with 1 GB)

Seems like a massive bandwidth difference if it was straight 192 bit or 384 bit.

20220905_232449.jpg

Nvidia gimping the base 4080 model to keep the facade of $700 MSRP while the "real" 4080 costs up to $1,200?
Or... it's just an internal test sample. Or the leakers got the models mixed up again, ie: the 4080 12 GB is actually a 4070 Ti or something.

The leaker also posted a 3090 Super and a 3080 20 GB in the last few days, so...

Back