RTX 4090's should be recalled?

SamiiRoss

Gawd
NorthridgeFix has been getting melted 4090s, even with cablemod adapters.

Update: NorthridgeFix: It's not an user problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
On a wicked note, cablemods doing good by their customers. TLDR, cablemods sent in a bunch of cards they built up overtime from doing right by their customers, cards may have had their adapters but the gpu side could have already bren damaged from earlier pre cablemod adapter use OR still user error.

I dont like this power adapter 1 bit
Me either. Its a stupid design, logic says theirs more room for a cable that size at the back of the video card than the side of it. But I see why they designed it that way, the PCB is only half the size of the video card.

Saw this over reddit. I've seen this happen with 6-pin, 8-pin, molex and SATA connectors over the years. Either it wasn't plugged in fully or the plug was defective. On the other hand, my 4090's 12VHPWR is still going strong. At least it isn't blowing up.
2jbwvjw2h21b1.jpg

Saw this over reddit. I've seen this happen with 6-pin, 8-pin, molex and SATA connectors over the years. Either it wasn't plugged in fully or the plug was defective. On the other hand, my 4090's 12VHPWR is still going strong. At least it isn't blowing up.
View attachment 571702
Same here. I think the problem is COVID brought a lot of new people into the PC enthusiast world so there is a some inexperience out there right now. This may or may not be attributing to these "failures".

They are burning up when gaming?
Imagine if ethereum was still a thing!

I guess a FLIR has become a necessity in the PC toolkit these days.
🙃

Just the Power Adapter should be recalled think I'm pretty safe with my 4080 I have a Cable Mod cable but not a 90 degree adapter.

Back