RTX 4090 on my system: Possible?

i run a soundcard! 🙋‍♂️ gotta have it. when i finally had to upgrade my old audigy 4 pro because my new mobo didn't have any pci slots i tried mobo audio for a couple weeks because it was suppose to be some super good this or that, but naaa. just aint the same. but i've also got a pretty beast audio setup and mess with hi-res audio and watch movies up and stuff up here too. so i guess if you were just using some little dinky amazon special desktop speakers you prob wouldn't notice as much a difference.

i do agree tho that op needs to upgrade that quad core. it's time. may even see better performance out of existing card.
DACs are the new sound cards.

i run a soundcard! 🙋‍♂️ gotta have it. when i finally had to upgrade my old audigy 4 pro because my new mobo didn't have any pci slots i tried mobo audio for a couple weeks because it was suppose to be some super good this or that, but naaa. just aint the same. but i've also got a pretty beast audio setup and mess with hi-res audio and watch movies up and stuff up here too. so i guess if you were just using some little dinky amazon special desktop speakers you prob wouldn't notice as much a difference.

i do agree tho that op needs to upgrade that quad core. it's time. may even see better performance out of existing card.
Ha, same here! SB AE-7 on a Logitech Z906 speaker setup using the 5.1 Analog lines. Tried the motherboard audio when i moved my SBz to my secondary PC and it was horrid, I have always used a sound card, the difference is real, those who say onboard is the same as a good sound card are nuts or more deaf than I am... lol. Luckly, this does not affect my setup or performance as my AE-7 is on my chipset lanes.

Have you not looked at reviews? Even the fastest cpus out there are holding back a 4090 and even at 4k in some cases. Putting a $1500 4090 with a 7700k would be beyond stupid.
Nvidia has fact checked this, found it to be false, and sent a coupon for $10 off when buying 3 or more.

Historically CoD has been more geared towards running on the most systems rather than the eye-candy.
GOD of WAR runs at 60+ FPS as well for me. I think I am going to keep this system a bit longer, as there is not a word on the new upcoming Intel CPU (yet), and the AMD AM4 3D (support for only DDR4) is beating AM5s at the moment (or so I am told!)

I was more referring to PC switch mode power supplies + all the poorly shielded electronics crammed into a tiny space limiting the upper range of sound quality you will get from a PC through an analog source. Going digital from a PC is a much better place to be if you are using a high end sound system from a content user perspective. Sure if you are a producer, then you might have to use a mixer, but I wouldn't use anything without fully balanced XLR outputs.
you might be surprised how well a good sound card can sound. but i do actually use a 3.5mm to xlr going to my JBL 306p mkII monitors and 3.5mm to rca going to a dayton audio sa230 subwoofer amplifier that powers a JBL Club 1224 12" sub in a sealed box that sits under my desk and tellin you man, it rocks! :) i can't really even crank it with other people in the house. that sub hits hard and have the walls rattlin.

i don't know if that could be considered a true balanced connection tho, but it's the same way i've had it setup for years even on my old Audigy 4 pro and i've actually used it for recording dj mixes and a little production work and editing and never had any problems. even the super high end professional sound cards just use a breakout cable that plugs in so i guess it's as good as any. if there was any distortion or hum i would definitely know but i can turn it up all the way with nothing playing and it's dead silent.

a little extra info, that audigy 4 pro was a consumer version of the EMU 1212m, they used the same chipset and now they're still using the same setup in the new Audigy RX's, it's basically just a pci-e version of the audigy 4. it's nice for audio work (and audiophiles) because it's got a bit perfect mode that bypasses the windows audio mixer and sends the audio signal straight to the dacs un-molested. most people don't know that there's actually studio grade adc/dacs on that card and what use to cost $400+ can now be had for $70 it's a steal in my book, and still somewhat advertised for recording. but you see reviewers online dogging the card because it uses an old chipset, but that was top of the line stuff back 15 yrs ago! it's not gonna all of a sudden start sounding bad now. they just look at the s/n specs and say "mobo audio is better than that now" ..no it's not. but it's whatever. i guess if you know, you know. i'm rambling now. gotta go.

Hello all,
I am thinking about replacing my 2080 Super, with RTX 4090. Can my system handle this GPU? (PSU, etc.)
Thanks!
friend just put a 3070 in system close to yours... CPU holds it back BADLY to the point where its only getting maybe 70% the FPS it could. and even settings that should work dont. if you have money for a 4090 your better getting a new CPU , ram , board and 3070 or 3080 for the same money and getting a better outcome. Lack of REBAR support is also big issue with newer GPUs as well. time for new CPU

Hello all,
I am thinking about replacing my 2080 Super, with RTX 4090. Can my system handle this GPU? (PSU, etc.)
Thanks!
Your display is only 60hz, or 120hz at 1080p. That needs to be upgraded as well if you get a 4090. Get an LCD with G-Sync, makes a big difference in the feel when playing FPS's. aw3423dw would be a good, fast LCD. Wait for the price to come back down to $1299.00, Amazon loves to jack up the price by $500 when the stock gets low.

Back