RTX-4090 Incoming - Need case suggestions

vorpel

Limp Gawd
I just purchased a MSI Suprim RTX 4090 card and I am looking to build out a new system. In my current system I'm using and love my Lian Li Lancool-II-Mesh-RGB. From this Reddit post it shows that the this case can do the 4090 card but with the 2 fans at the bottom of the case there isn't room to have 1 add-in card. I need the room for the add-in card as I've got a 10G network and need to fit my IBM X520 10G NIC. I did check and my UnFi 10G switch won't do 2.5G on the RJ-45 10G ports.

Any suggestions on a case similar to the Lian Li Lancool-II-Mesh-RGB would be greatly appreciated. I can go a bit bigger on the case.

Thanks

I'd just remove the fans and keep the case if you really like it. They probably do very little to the actual case temp.
I am building a new system (keeping my existing system in its case) so looking at different cases is a good idea though I might come back to the same case (currently have 3 of them...!). I'm going to be running the 4090 and a i9-13900 so my thought is to allow for as much airflow as I can. I don't know if this will matter, but it is a thought.

I am building a new system (keeping my existing system in its case) so looking at different cases is a good idea though I might come back to the same case (currently have 3 of them...!). I'm going to be running the 4090 and a i9-13900 so my thought is to allow for as much airflow as I can. I don't know if this will matter, but it is a thought.
Why are you keeping the NIC then? Why not just buy a mobo with a 10G port?

Why are you keeping the NIC then? Why not just buy a mobo with a 10G port?
I've got a mobo coming with the 4090 (MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI: MPG Z790 CARBON) and while I could sell it, besides the Gigabyte z790 Auros Master the price of z790 mobos with 10g NICs is $300+ more than the mobo coming. I personally prefer MSI, ASRock and Asus over Gigabtye. And I already have the 10G NIC. Cases are not that expensive.

lol. Just weird to blow $1700 on a gpu but be a bit shy of spending a few more hundred on a mobo.
I don't think so - the 1700 GPU is going to give great performance - the extra few hundred for a mobo with 10g most likely won't give any benefit over having the 10g connection. That's a lot to pay for 1 feature.

Anyways - I'm looking for case ideas. If you just want to pick at my purchasing, please just move onto another thread. Thanks!

I’m using the Fractal Meshify 2 XL. Plenty big for 420 AiO CPU cooler and my fat 4090 FE. Fractal makes quality cases.

I got the new Lancool 216 to fit a 4090. I flipped the expansion slots and got a PCIe extension cable to mount the GPU vertically. If you leave the standard configuration your NIC should fit.

Move to a Lancool III. I have a cho
image0 (3).jpeg
nker of a 4080 in mine.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions - going to be looking them all up shortly!

I'm currently using a Corsair 760T for one system and a 750D for another. I can easily recommend either of these very spacious cases. I like the 760T just a bit more though because the side panels are on hinges and it makes maintenance much more easy. The 750D is little more old school and uses thumb screws to hold the side panels on. You can't really go wrong with anything Corsair....

The new Phanteks G500A is another very solid choice.
Yeah my G500A DRGB arrived today for a new build. I had the P500A before and this is essentially the same thing with minor improvements. The P500 was the easiest case to build in and I like the RGB button so you don't have to use software.

I have mine in the 011 Evo, the only con is you can't use those long PSU, it barely fits my EVGA 1K PSU.
unnamed.jpg

FYI, you can even fit some of the 4090s (mine is the Gigabyte Gaming OC model) in a Meshify 2 Compact, and I have 3 intake fans on it as well.

IMG_4995 (1).jpeg

If you can find any of the old "Magnum" lines of cases from CaseLabs, those should all definitely fit a 4090... though to be extra sure try and find a TX10-D model.

And it is deep enough that the cable doesnt even come close to the window.

For me it's just a steel side panel. My system sits on the floor and I have no RGB, so I decided to save $20. :LOL:

I would for sure recommend getting a cablemod 3/4 > 1 vs using the cat tail adapter.

I also went the Lian Li 216 route, Non-RGB. Plenty of room. The non-RGB version doesn't come with a fan hub, so if it's important to you you may want to go the RGB route. I might have had I know before. Instead used fan splitter cables I had around here.

PC_4090.jpg

Last edited:
For me it's just a steel side panel. My system sits on the floor and I have no RGB, so I decided to save $20. :LOL:

I would for sure recommend getting a cablemod 3/4 > 1 vs using the cat tail adapter.

I am using the Seasonic specific cable. It's just 2 to 1 but I have the Prime P/S and its Titanium rated.

I am using the Seasonic specific cable. It's just 2 to 1 but I have the Prime P/S and its Titanium rated.

Nice! I have a Prime 850 platinum. The Seasonic cables 2 to 1 cables were out of stock when I stumbled into the purchase.

Nice! I have a Prime 850 platinum. The Seasonic cables 2 to 1 cables were out of stock when I stumbled into the purchase.
I stumbled onto mine as well but I decided I would wait until I had the Seasonic cable even if it was a month or more. I was super lucky and got the cable in 2 days and the same day as the 4090

I stumbled onto mine as well but I decided I would wait until I had the Seasonic cable even if it was a month or more. I was super lucky and got the cable in 2 days and the same day as the 4090

I was too impatient. I will get the BTOS 2 to one cable when it is back in stock.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I finally got done with family/Holiday stuff to look through the cases. There were several that I considered, but in the end I ordered the Lian Li Lancool III RGB. I really like my Lancool II Mesh RGB cases, so something a little bigger but in the same line really spoke to me. I believe this is now my 7th Lian Li case so I am obviously a fan...!

I did really consider the Fractal Meshify 2 - very nice looking case. The Lian Li V3000 Plus was amazing looking but was both more than I need and a bit intimidating.

Most components are on order and/or arriving. Just need to figure out the AIO cooler. One came with my MSI bundle but after looking at the reviews I think I'll sell it and get something that has better reviews and longevity. The CPU is an Intel 13900K.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I finally got done with family/Holiday stuff to look through the cases. There were several that I considered, but in the end I ordered the Lian Li Lancool III RGB. I really like my Lancool II Mesh RGB cases, so something a little bigger but in the same line really spoke to me. I believe this is now my 7th Lian Li case so I am obviously a fan...!

I did really consider the Fractal Meshify 2 - very nice looking case. The Lian Li V3000 Plus was amazing looking but was both more than I need and a bit intimidating.

Most components are on order and/or arriving. Just need to figure out the AIO cooler. One came with my MSI bundle but after looking at the reviews I think I'll sell it and get something that has better reviews and longevity. The CPU is an Intel 13900K.
You'll want a 360 or 420mm AIO for that heater.

You might want to look at the specs - the Lian Li Lancool III can handle either an AIO 360 or 420. I got a Corsair 420.
Interesting, Newegg just shows up to 360, that is why I just bought a meshify 2. Sounds like Newegg is wrong then?

Thought I would do a quick update. My build is almost done. I did manage to get the 420 AIO (Corsair HH170i) in the front of the Lancool 3 case. I wasn't able to mount it first on the front mounting bracket as it couldn't rotate in as it was too tall. I did assemble it inside the case (radiator inside, and fans on the outside). I went with front mounting the AIO as I have better ventilation in the front of where the case will sit vs. the top. Thanks

Back