RTX 3090 Half the speed now on new Ryzen build?

xfan10

Weaksauce
Hi, I just transplanted my 3090 from an Intel 12900 build to a Ryzen 5950x build and for some reason my Vray benchmark scores for Cuda and RTX testas are litterally half of what they used to be. The CPU test, the Ryzen scoried higher. But the GPU only tests, the 3090 is now half the speed. Would anyone know why? The only thing that changed was the cpu and mobo. The mobo is a Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero with current bios.

Is it positioned in the top slot? That's the only one that runs PCIe x16 mode. If the Ryzen build was running another card before the 3090, did it get a clean driver install?

Sharing full system specs helps us help you.

Is it positioned in the top slot? That's the only one that runs PCIe x16 mode. If the Ryzen build was running another card before the 3090, did it get a clean driver install?

Sharing full system specs helps us help you.
yeah its in the top slot clostest to the cpu. it was a clean windows install since the mobo and cpu changed. fresh install on everything. the cpu and mobo was brand new for this transplant.

ok, so the got the vray bench score back to normal but only if i wait 1 mintue after getting too the desktop. If i try it the moment i hit the desktop after a reboot, then the scores are half of what they should be. very odd. My intel build didnt have this phenomenon. I wonder whats still starting up and lagging the video card.

ok, so the got the vray bench score back to normal but only if i wait 1 mintue after getting too the desktop. If i try it the moment i hit the desktop after a reboot, then the scores are half of what they should be. very odd. My intel build didnt have this phenomenon. I wonder whats still starting up and lagging the video card.
Have you gone in to the bios and check settings. If you have fastboot or whatever Asus calls it enabled could be causing your issue. Maybe check pcie gen setting and if resizable bar is enabled.

what background apps you have running, any mobo control software?

what background apps you have running, any mobo control software?
I didnt install any mobo control software. it was a fresh windows install with drivers from microsoft and donwload the chipset drivers myself from Asus.

Have you gone in to the bios and check settings. If you have fastboot or whatever Asus calls it enabled could be causing your issue. Maybe check pcie gen setting and if resizable bar is enabled.
I tried all you suggestions but no go.

ok so i dont know what to make of this. Using GPU-Z, i can see that when the RTX benchmark score is cut in half at first boot up, that the TDP is 35% or about 150 watt power draw. When the score is the correct result, which i just run the test again or wait a minute, the TDP is 85% or about 350w power draw. Now here is the really weird thing. when its on the low performing benchmark, If i open the windows Snip tool, the TDP goes back up the %85. the moment i close it , it drops back down to 35% . I was trying to take a screenshot of the low TDP and every time I would open it, the TDP jumped back up. Does this make sense to anyone? im loosing my mind here. Is it the GPU, the CPU, the Mobo or Vray Benchmark? I still dont think its the CPU or GPU because when i run other tests at first boot, like the regular Vray benchmark or Heaven, its fine.

I didnt install any mobo control software. it was a fresh windows install with drivers from microsoft and donwload the chipset drivers myself from Asus.

I tried all you suggestions but no go.

ok so i dont know what to make of this. Using GPU-Z, i can see that when the RTX benchmark score is cut in half at first boot up, that the TDP is 35% or about 150 watt power draw. When the score is the correct result, which i just run the test again or wait a minute, the TDP is 85% or about 350w power draw. Now here is the really weird thing. when its on the low performing benchmark, If i open the windows Snip tool, the TDP goes back up the %85. the moment i close it , it drops back down to 35% . I was trying to take a screenshot of the low TDP and every time I would open it, the TDP jumped back up. Does this make sense to anyone? im loosing my mind here. Is it the GPU, the CPU, the Mobo or Vray Benchmark? I still dont think its the CPU or GPU because when i run other tests at first boot, like the regular Vray benchmark or Heaven, its fine.
remove the asus chipset drivers and install the newest from amd.
then download and run DDU and then install the newest nvidia drivers, from them, not windows update.
also make sure your windows power plan is set to balanced.

Back