RTX 3090 [H] Owner's Official 3DMark Time Spy Leaderboard

23005 (German Muscle) https://www.3dmark.com/spy/18513392

This is it for me until custom loop. I could probably get more with changing paste but if i take the card apart its only going to be to put a block on it. Once the loop is done ill enable ReBAR and give it another go.

Something weird is happening. Shows invalid to me with no data in the compare but says it's a valid result on the direct page but won't load the individual run's data.
23005 (German Muscle) https://www.3dmark.com/spy/18513392

This is it for me until custom loop. I could probably get more with changing paste but if i take the card apart its only going to be to put a block on it. Once the loop is done ill enable ReBAR and give it another go.

Something weird is happening. Shows invalid to me with no data in the compare but says it's a valid result on the direct page but won't load the individual run's data.
yeah i noticed that the other day. Not sure what the issue is.

Watercooling has given me super steady clocks but no more overclocking head room. I'm not power limited or anything either. The bench just crashes. Oh well. I have some games to test it with now to see if they perform any better.

Hey, got the same card as you with Air cooling.

I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to GPU OC. Can you give me a good OC w/o being too extreme. I know it varies on the card, but just in general.

Thanks
I mean, its pretty much keep the card cool as possible, max out your voltage and power slider; then up the GPU Core till you crash, and up the memory till you crash or get worse performance (as the memory will correct itself). :)

Keeping the card cool will gain you better and longer boosts.

There are tutorials out there about creating custom V/F curves and such... but the time is likely not worth it over the "EZ PZ" method above unless your looking to beat 3dmark scores.

Graphics - 23100
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/20245282

Graphics - 23191
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/20245873

1620709985218.png

Last edited:
Damn those TS scores are crazy. That's double what my 10850k/2070 Super does!

Yeah, I'm just taking it slowly so I can ensure that everything is stable.

I knew these cards were power hungry but wow, it easily pulls 400W, I've seen up to 410W in Afterburner's power monitor and ~775W system usage in games on my UPS.
must be an intel system. 775w is a lot of cpu

Yeah, I have a 5950X and a 3090 FTWU and when gaming I pull on average about 930W from the wall according to my UPS... lol.

No, I have a 5950X and a dual pump, 24 fan cooling system.

I'm also running a 3090 and 5950x. This is over about 5 days. There is only one computer on my UPS. No monitors, etc.
View attachment 360011

Yeah, I have a 5950X and a 3090 FTWU and when gaming I pull on average about 930W from the wall according to my UPS... lol.
Maybe I'm lucky I haven't found a 5950x in stock. . .I'm already feeling the burn from the 3090 heat waste and it's not quite summer yet in full.

Maybe I'm lucky I haven't found a 5950x in stock. . .I'm already feeling the burn from the 3090 heat waste and it's not quite summer yet in full.
To be fair, I was pulling that with my 3090 in my Intel X99 (5960x) as well... so I can't blame AMD for it. As a matter of fact, I'm pulling slightly less power in my AMD system now than I did on my Intel (chip runs cooler too).

The processor tends to do a pretty good job of clocking down and staying relatively cool. That peak is still 100w higher than my peak 3950x power and the 3950x will sit just under 100w at near full load stock with pbo.
1622133294526.png
<- 5950x
1622133451897.png
<-3950x

Ok finally got a result I can live with for now. I have the 400w limit on my 3090 ftw3 with official bios so I have flashed the xc3 bios which lets it run up closer to 500w (I can't say for sure because this breaks the voltage reporting, but per my ups readout it's drawing about 100w more.) +140 core and +1250 mem.
Water cooling
22134 (arnemetis) https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/64198045

Ok finally got a result I can live with for now. I have the 400w limit on my 3090 ftw3 with official bios so I have flashed the xc3 bios which lets it run up closer to 500w (I can't say for sure because this breaks the voltage reporting, but per my ups readout it's drawing about 100w more.) +140 core and +1250 mem.
Water cooling
22134 (arnemetis) https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/64198045
You must be on a rev 0.1 ftw3? Gonna send in your card for the rma swap?

I don't know, got my card at the end of May, direct from evga. Really not excited to swap it out as I don't want to drain my loop, put the stock cooler back on, and be without my PC for a while. Seems just avoiding a single game I didn't want to play might work for me. I generally have very poor luck with silicon lottery, this card doesn't seem so bad so I'm not sure I want to risk getting one that can't make 1900mhz or something.

Based on his card date of this May, he likely has a newer one. Following the evga forums, it looks like the Rev change was more to ensure one does not pull more than 75W on the PCIe slot, and not so much about a guarantee of any sort of 500W+ power draw.

I don't know, got my card at the end of May, direct from evga. Really not excited to swap it out as I don't want to drain my loop, put the stock cooler back on, and be without my PC for a while. Seems just avoiding a single game I didn't want to play might work for me. I generally have very poor luck with silicon lottery, this card doesn't seem so bad so I'm not sure I want to risk getting one that can't make 1900mhz or something.
I'd keep that card personally... seems solid and great score. Why did you use the XC3 vbios though? There is a 500W XOC vbios for the FTW3 incase you were not aware, it also has re-bar support as well. I have been using it since it came out with no issues and it does indeed hit 500W!

Side note; my card is the old Rev 0.1 PCB with the black lips... been solid as hell and rarely pulls over 75W w/ 500W bios. I probably got very lucky.

Based on his card date of this May, he likely has a newer one. Following the evga forums, it looks like the Rev change was more to ensure one does not pull more than 75W on the PCIe slot, and not so much about a guarantee of any sort of 500W+ power draw.

I'd keep that card personally... seems solid and great score. Why did you use the XC3 vbios though? There is a 500W XOC vbios for the FTW3 incase you were not aware, it also has re-bar support as well. I have been using it since it came out with no issues and it does indeed hit 500W!

Side note; my card is the old Rev 0.1 PCB with the black lips... been solid as hell and rarely pulls over 75W w/ 500W bios. I probably got very lucky.
I was previously using the official 500w vbios updated through px1, had rebar enabled (something I'm lacking with this older vbios,) and it showed 500w in the gpuz bios page. Normal or oc mode, it would never pass 400w. Switching I immediately saw significant bumps in time spy and port royal, I previously struggled to get over 1950mhz during the tests and now I see 2000mhz to 2100mhz.

Figure out what rev you are on since the XC3 bios wouldn't be compatible with a rev 1.0 card for full performance. Jacob Freeman is very specific about this for some reason so I'd look into it just to be safe. You can find your rev number on the pcie connector tail thing. My rev'd card gets up to 2265 under water.
I was more referring to them using the XC3 bios as I was describing.

Last edited:
Figure out what rev you are on since the XC3 bios wouldn't be compatible with a rev 1.0 card for full performance. Jacob Freeman is very specific about this for some reason so I'd look into it just to be safe. You can find your rev number on the pcie connector tail thing. My rev'd card gets up to 2265 under water.

I was more referring to them using the XC3 bios as I was describing.
Confirmed it's a 1.0 card, glad I took photos while I had it disassembled. Yeah the xc3 prevents me from using resizable bar, but it's otherwise superior to the official 500w bios I got updated via px1.
0627211119.jpg

Damn all these folks with the FTW3U. Really sad sometimes I have the XC3 which is 2x8PCIE. Trying to score a 3x8PCIE but with these times....might just have to be happy with what I got :D

That's a big drop too. My runs with with reBar off. I've just been turning it on for PR since most say it's the one that benefits.

yea i disabled rebar in my motherboards bios seems buggy on my 5950x but it was good on the 3900x i had before, It made borderlands 3 stuffer bad and drop fps with it off its 60+fps faster.

Back