Rtx 3090 and 9700K underperforming in Crysis Remaster.

Yes framerate change to lower like 50 fps and gpu usage 40-50%. I must restart game to fix this. Any ideas?

On 2080 Ti on 1440P my gpu usage was higher ,like gpu usage 60-90%. Now on rtx 3090 my gpu usage is like 40-60%. Why? And i have now less fps

Have any of you guys tried disabling hyperthreading?

I still find it makes games like this run alot better.

I could see that possibly helping too. Just about everything I deal with at work is heavily threaded, and changing the system can have all sorts of effects on multithreaded code that isn't quite right. It might work fine on the system you built it on, then you try running it on a different machine and things start breaking. Our devs work on single socket desktop and laptop machines, then you go run it on a dual socket server and something gets wedged. It also happens in the other direction. I've been stuck doing most of my work on a dual core laptop since the pandemic started, and I've caught threading problems that didn't show up on the more powerful machines other devs are using. Then there's that one that's been present in production for who knows how long and just doesn't seem to happen on dual socket Xeons but breaks almost immediately on my little bean counter laptop. Either way it's a bug, but when you're talking multithreaded code a bug might only have an effect once a year on one machine and reliably break something within 5 minutes on another.

There are probably only 2 or 3 cases in the last 10-12 years where that makes any halfway meaningful improvement by turning it off. And that was usually only if you already had 6 or 8 real cores. And the OP does not even have HT.

EDIT: Just fired up the game and tested with and without HT on at 720p very high and there was ZERO difference. So essentially by "alot better" you mean no difference at all....;)

Last edited:
Back