RTX 3070 available on October 15th

Auer

[H]ard|Gawd
RTX 3080 Founders Edition Review Date - Sept 16th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time
NVIDIA STAFF
Suroosh@NVIDIA

Hey everyone - two updates for you today.
First, GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition reviews (and all related technologies and games) will be on September 16th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time.
Get ready for benchmarks!
Second, we’re excited to announce that the GeForce RTX 3070 will be available on October 15th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...3080-founders-edition-review-date-sept-16th-/

Thanks for sharing that news. I imagine then on the 16th YouTube channels like BitWit, Paul's Hardware, Jayz2Cents, Hardware Unboxed and Gamer's Nexus will have their video reviews up that day. I know what I'm watching that day after work. Thanks for the tip Auer! Out!

Reactions: Auer
like this
so no reviews on the 3070 until mid-October?...I was all set on a 3080 AIB but now I'm looking into the 3070 as well to see what it brings to the table at 1440p 144hz

like this
For some reason, I thought the reviews were going to be released on the 14th. :-/

Also, www.thefpsreview.com confirmed they've received a RTX 3080 FE for review!
It was the 14th (RTX 3080), they bumped it.

Due to COVID, delayed shipping and other issues, we received many requests from folks asking for more time to finish their review of the RTX 3080 Founders Edition.

Last edited:
like this
so no reviews on the 3070 until mid-October?...I was all set on a 3080 AIB but now I'm looking into the 3070 as well to see what it brings to the table at 1440p 144hz

I’m in the same boat as you. I want to see how well the 3080 performs at 1440p 144hz and try to determine where the 3070 will land. I’m dead set on an EVGA FTW edition for its great cooling and their great service. My last 3 cards have been ROG Strix which is probably a little better but god help you if you need customer service. Last year I had to RMA an Asus board and it took them 3 weeks or more to get me my replacement. I ordered a replacement and just sold what they sent back to me.

I hope EVGA’s cooling doesn’t disappoint me nor is it loud. My 2080 Strix doesn’t go over 75C and you can never hear it’s fans. My son got it and I’m using his 1070 until these new cards are available.

you will probably be disappointed. evga cooling is shit.

Are there some links/experiences you could post? I know their Hybrid series gets criticized for its noise and lack of customizability with fan control but haven't noticed complaints of cooling on the air cooled models so I'm curious.

Are there some links/experiences you could post? I know their Hybrid series gets criticized for its noise and lack of customizability with fan control but haven't noticed complaints of cooling on the air cooled models so I'm curious.

Last review I saw from techpowerup on a FTW model showed it as just 2-4C hotter than the Strix at the same noise level. This was either between 2080S or 2080 Ti models don’t recall which. They also said that due to the cooling EVGA uses that their overall cooling is better and there aren’t as many hot spots like there is on other cards including the Strix.

If the EVGA FTW runs hot I’ll definitely skip it if it’s that far off. I don’t care if it’s just 2-5C.

EVGA cooling is usually 'good enough', I think. Complaints may be more that they trade on their name a bit, so you might be able to get a better cooled card for the same price from another OEM.

As for the Hybrid... I have one, and the lack of adjustability has only been a problem in theory. The fan runs at the same silent speed all the time and the GPU never overheats.

If the 3070 ends up doing a decent job at 4K60HZ It could easily be my next card.
Being a true 2 slot card (Thickness) for most of the partner designs is cool too for ppl like me with space constraints..

As it stands, all 3080's except the FE are 2.25-2.75 slot types. No doubt due to thermals.
There's always Hybrids tho, gonna wait and see how those turn out too.

you will probably be disappointed. evga cooling is shit.
No he won’t. ICX coolers are fantastic.

I had probably a dozen different kinds of 1080TI cards in my possession for crypto mining. The ICX on the EVGA Black was my favorite cooler. It is quiet. When I used one on my open air thermaltake P3 case I couldn’t even hear the fans with open ear headphones on.

I subsequently bought a EVGA 2080 BLACK RTX card and its fan setup was great too.

The other nice thing is their fans spin down at desktop use or idle, so since a fan is going to be the first failure point on any GPU, you know you are getting longer life if they are off when they can be (which is most of the time my computer is being used)

My 2080 and P3 case. Fan not spinning because PC is at desktop.
054931EA-95E2-44D8-83BA-EB1C49D36214.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you rule out Covid?
Can you rule out any other internal or external influences? Everyone is going to blame covid for anything they miss at this point, regardless of how much a contributor it actually was. If they know shipping is slow, ship out a few days early to make sure they have time? You can blame covid, but it's not like it's a new phenomenon at this point. If you didn't plan for it at this point, then it's poor/lack of planning.

Can you rule out any other internal or external influences? Everyone is going to blame covid for anything they miss at this point, regardless of how much a contributor it actually was. If they know shipping is slow, ship out a few days early to make sure they have time? You can blame covid, but it's not like it's a new phenomenon at this point. If you didn't plan for it at this point, then it's poor/lack of planning.
Why so cranky?

Why so cranky?
Not cranky, just pointing out the silly statement ;). Why so defensive?

Anyways, on topic, Oct.15 seems like a good date to release the 3070, shortly before before AMDs (GPU) announcement, coincidence? Hopefully they will be able to have some good stock available, otherwise a lot of folks will see what AMD has whether they intended to or not. I'm actually excited about these launches (Nvidia and AMD GPU launches), first time in a while.

Already sold my 5700XT (only lost 15% for a year of use) and 3070 is most likely going to be my next card. I'm gaming at 1440P 144hz, it should be plenty.

That being said, will partner cards come out at the same time as FE? It's gonna be tough to snag one of these puppies for a few months.

Wild card is what AMD does but I'm almost settled on Green team for drivers and RTX.

EVGA cooling is usually 'good enough', I think. Complaints may be more that they trade on their name a bit, so you might be able to get a better cooled card for the same price from another OEM.

As for the Hybrid... I have one, and the lack of adjustability has only been a problem in theory. The fan runs at the same silent speed all the time and the GPU never overheats.

I haven't used EVGA cards for awhile...I've been very happy with Gigabyte G1 Gaming over the last few generations...plan on going with them again for Ampere

All my Evga cards have been cool running ,good to excellent overclockers and quiet running,especially my latest,a 2080Super with a heavy oc.

Yes the dimension I remembered was the one with the backplate taken off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200905-082046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200905-082046_Chrome.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 0
like this
lol why did they make that dumb wavy shroud past the 2 slot width? if they made the shroud flat like a normal card it would be 2 slots.

like this
Back