Votes: 12 7.8%
  • I have ordered one but it hasn't shipped yet

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • I tried and tried and tried and keep trying but can't order one

Votes: 67 43.5%
  • I have no interest in ordering one

Votes: 27 17.5%

• Total voters
That's good. My system (admittedly an older Intel system) is roughly 1000 points lower. Yours seems typical for a system with a new AMD CPU.
Yeah, the newer CPU makes a huge difference. I have a 2950x and was getting 3000 points lower.

The 3090 is just going to be slower than SLI'd 2080TIs (when those are supported). I was getting a better score than them with SLI'd 2080TIs, but I think I'd still take the tradeoff of a one card solution over a two card solution that has little support.

Yeah, the newer CPU makes a huge difference. I have a 2950x and was getting 3000 points lower.

The 3090 is just going to be slower than SLI'd 2080TIs (when those are supported). I was getting a better score than them with SLI'd 2080TIs, but I think I'd still take the tradeoff of a one card solution over a two card solution that has little support.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure how this works, but I guess the paid version of the program has additional tests that can raise your score depending on your setup. There was a posting I saw of a guy with roughly my setup (8700K, but 5.1GHz vs. my 4.8GHz) that was scoring 30K+. I guess a good chunk of that was from tests in the retail version.
From what I've seen on random sites, seems like most normal 3090 setups are scoring between 11K on the low end to 18-19K on the high end. That's with the free version and real/legit day-to-day builds.

Can we try and keep this on the topic of whether or not people are able to get these cards? erek I will make a 3dmark thread to discuss scores. My first test with my 3090 I got 17397 with a 3800x.

I haven't been able to snag one but I'm being really picky...I only want a 3080 and only the Asus TUF, Gigabyte Master or MSI Gaming Trio...I don't want any of the other models

I haven't been able to snag one but I'm being really picky...I only want a 3080 and only the Asus TUF, Gigabyte Master or MSI Gaming Trio...I don't want any of the other models
that is quite picky indeed. I don't know if I've seen those go in stock hardly at all since launch. Good luck though!

that is quite picky indeed. I don't know if I've seen those go in stock hardly at all since launch. Good luck though!

yeah I haven't seen those cards get re-stocked...the Gigabyte Eagle, MSI Ventus and a few EVGA models seem to get re-stocked the most so far

I got lucky and snagged an XC3 Ultra off of Amazon and then got a FTW3 Ultra from the EVGA notify/queue system.
A 3080 or 3090 and what was the queue date? I'm queued for the September 24th for a 3080 on all but the ultra card -which is the 26th. Haven't heard anything yet but I'm assuming they still aren't done with the massive backlog of launch day orders. I really hope they're getting more than like 5 cards a week or something insanely low.

Last edited:
A 3080 or 3090 and what was the queue date? I'm queued for the 24th for a 3080 on all but the ultra card -which is the 26th. Haven't heard anything yet but I'm assuming they still aren't done with the massive backlog of launch day orders. I really hope they're getting more than like 5 cards a week or something insanely low.
3080 and my queue date was the 17th of September at 7:40 am.

A few local guys picked up some 3090 FTW3 cards from stores today.

I would vote on this one but there's something missing: I've got my current video card (eVGA RTX 2070 Super XC) in eVGA's Step-Up Program. Meaning one day, someday soon I'll get an RTX 3080 if I stay in the Step-Up Program. But there's no option in the poll for people like me so I cannot vote honestly in the poll. Out!

Tried for about two weeks to get a 3080 and then moved on.
PC still boots with its current card, would you imagine.

I would vote on this one but there's something missing: I've got my current video card (eVGA RTX 2070 Super XC) in eVGA's Step-Up Program. Meaning one day, someday soon I'll get an RTX 3080 if I stay in the Step-Up Program. But there's no option in the poll for people like me so I cannot vote honestly in the poll. Out!
have you submitted your step up request by selecting the model you want and get confirmation? If so, I'd consider that ordered but not yet shipped.

Gigabyte card came today. :cool:

card 2.jpg

Must be nice to get these unicorns. Never been able to get one but plenty of people I know did (more than 1) guess I just have bad luck

Must be nice to get these unicorns. Never been able to get one but plenty of people I know did (more than 1) guess I just have bad luck
theres a chance bb drops some today if history proves to repeat itself. You need to be in the discord if you want one.

The Minneapolis Micro Center got a shipment of 6 ASUS Strix RTX 3090 cards in today (along with a bunch of 3080s)... I was actually there at 3:30am in line to try and score a new Ryzen 5950x. Bummer in that they didn't get any 5950x stock - just some of the lessor 5000 series, which I passed on... But at least I didn't have to leave empty handed. Scored a voucher for the second to the last Strix 3090 they got in. I was roughly 15th in line... When the store opened, the line was roughly 125 people.

3090.jpg

The Minneapolis Micro Center got a shipment of 6 ASUS Strix RTX 3090 cards in today (along with a bunch of 3080s)... I was actually there at 3:30am in line to try and score a new Ryzen 5950x. Bummer in that they didn't get any 5950x stock - just some of the lessor 5000 series, which I passed on... But at least I didn't have to leave empty handed. Scored a voucher for the second to the last Strix 3090 they got in. I was roughly 15th in line... When the store opened, the line was roughly 125 people.
nice! check out the undervolting and time spy threads :) are you planning to drop it into your 4790k build or wait until you get and am4 combo?

nice! check out the undervolting and time spy threads :) are you planning to drop it into your 4790k build or wait until you get and am4 combo?
Thanks - going to hold off till I get a waterblock for it... and the 5950x CPU, so probably mid December. My 2080Ti is staying with the 4790... daughter's gaming build for X-mas.

I tried and tried and I failed and failed. Since working form home will last till at least late spring 2021, I just decided to get out of country in December, hang out in Rio De Jainero on a beach until March / April and completely forget about computer hardware until late spring when hopefully I can get Zen 3 / Rtx 3080 / (Ti?) once I am back in the states. The demand is ridiculous, the supply is miniscule and I just had enough of all this crap.

Back