RTX 2080ti spotted in the wild w/ fraps

Well this is a new game that hasn't even come out and Tomb Raider games have been demanding in the past I wouldn't be worried about it.
Unless you own a 4K monitor then you might have some regrets.

Seems like the RTX effects really fuck the framerate hard, expected i suppose but this really shows why performance numbers weren't really mentioned at the presentation, they banged on about 4k for a decent chunk of it as well. 4k with rtx effects game dependent might not be possible.

No regrets, just wondering if RTX is just a gimmick. I know for a fact that its probably only going to be 30% faster than a 1080ti but hopefully im wrong and it ends up being moarrrrr :p

Tomb Raider games are usually pretty demanding and Ray Tracing is probably going to be very demanding as well. Add to that the fact they're not using the best drivers especially for something as new as ray tracing and I could see how this could be.

Either way I'd wait til actual reviews come out before I started worrying.

Wasn't expecting it to be able to do 4K 144 FPS out of the gate. I think we all knew that the performance impact would be huge, regardless. Remember that doing ray tracing in real time used to be a pipe dream not too long ago. The Star Wars demo was running at 22 FPS.

I used to play around with POV-Ray about 25 years ago and remember three point light source renders taking the better part of a day for a single image. It's kind of amazing that we're at a point where we have computing power that can do 30+ images per second (though I am unaware of how many light sources they're calculating now).

rt will be cool.. just not during the 20xx series. give it some time. just a hype train intro til 7nm in 2020

Im hoping this card makes people as surprised as when the 8800GTX launched. I will reserve judgement until the card is released. Hell, I know a lot of people that blow half that amount in less than a weekend partying it up

Back