RTX 2080Ti crazy prices ...

nEo717

Limp Gawd
Noticing 2080 Ti in stock more and more now, however also seeing the prices go up like crazy - as if prices wasn't already high enough:

$2,100.00 (was only 2 units left, they sold out now)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...7334&cm_re=RTX_2080_Ti-_-14-500-434-_-Product

$1,800.00
https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-RTX-2...F8&qid=1539290494&sr=1-2&keywords=RTX+2080+Ti

and

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForc...F8&qid=1539290494&sr=1-3&keywords=RTX+2080+Ti

$1,600.00+

http://www.neutronusa.com/prod.cfm/...MImYSQ86f_3QIVBFcMCh0C6wouEAkYAiABEgKBRfD_BwE

and

http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?...MI-amU5Kb_3QIVBYppCh0VHAu8EAkYAyABEgLJ5fD_BwE

Save $350 today - just $1,549.99
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...1696&cm_re=RTX_2080_Ti-_-14-500-433-_-Product

I have to wonder how this will end up impacting RTX AIB sales, will we see lots more people just buy the founders cards at nvidia store? For these crazy prices you can buy founders and add alphacool or EK Phoenix coolers to them.

Also will be interesting to see how these sorts of crazy prices (if it sticks) affects PC gaming over the next 1 to 2 years.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
why is this a post?
Ships from and sold by GigaParts.

This isnt amazon selling it, just a private vendor... this is nothing new, and nothing to see. Move along. You can put the pitch fork down.

why is this a post?
Ships from and sold by GigaParts.

This isnt amazon selling it, just a private vendor... this is nothing new, and nothing to see. Move along. You can put the pitch fork down.

Lol, nope, why so defensive/misleading? - Sold and Shipped by Newegg - and sold out now... ($2,100.00)
The founders is hudson camera and other one on newegg is a market seller Deal Targets

Last edited:
Lol, nope, why so defensive/misleading? - Sold and Shipped by Newegg - and sold out now... ($2,100.00)
The founders is hudson camera and other one on neweeg is a market seller Deal Targets

Its not just NE and/or Amazon - there are others, just as with 10 series, the 20 series price is climbing, here another (and don't have to look hard for more):

$1,600.00+

http://www.neutronusa.com/prod.cfm/...MImYSQ86f_3QIVBFcMCh0C6wouEAkYAiABEgKBRfD_BwE

and

http://www.nextwarehouse.com/item/?...MI-amU5Kb_3QIVBYppCh0VHAu8EAkYAyABEgLJ5fD_BwE

oh boy here we go again, I thought mining GPU price gouging days were over.

I'm still rocking an AMD 7850. I can't sit this one out much longer.... :nailbiting:

Of course my personal laptop has a GTX 1060 and my work laptop has a GTX 1070, but STILL.
Used market for yeh if you want something now that'll hold you over for a few years.

The founders is hudson camera and other one on newegg is a market seller Deal Targets
It says it sold and shipped by evomicro. From what I seen retailers are not gouging the price. They are just sold out. 3rd party and eBay is a different story. In the end it would be dumb on any retailers to not bump up the price. You bitch and complain but you would do the samething if you owned NE or any other retailers.

Prices look normal at the big retailers.

3D3BD2CF-EB43-4488-9221-7DED4DEAFFD4.jpeg

upload_2018-10-12_10-36-27.png

Its not just NE and/or Amazon - there are others, just as with 10 series, the 20 series price is climbing, here another (and don't have to look hard for more):

$1,600.00+

and

Never heard of them.

Prices will soon collapse. They are profit takers bending people over who can't wait. The price will come down much more quickly as this series isn't nearly as cost efficient as Pascal was for mining. Add in the mining collapse and the bubble will be quick. Wait 6 months you'll see below MSRP. You mark my words.

Just wait it out. I'm looking to buy 2 2080Ti's in a few months. Once the initial buying rush dies down they will be everywhere.

View attachment 111277

They are normal on the out of stock... the only normal in stock price I've seen (the bit I've looked) has been the founders at nvdia store. Funny to see something so silly bring out the fan boys.

FYI... on $2,100.00 Ti, there was 2 units in stock yesterday, its simply restocked and other sellers are seeing the opportunity - Every time this happens everyone else jumps in above msrp - even retailers like microcenter and bb did with 10 series.

Hopefully this happens sooner than later AMD rumors: Vega 20 on 7nm w/16GB HBM2 for gamers in Q1 2019

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62386/amd-rumors-vega-20-7nm-16gb-hbm2-gamers-q1-2019/index.html

Last edited:
They are normal on the out of stock... the only normal in stock price I've seen (the bit I've looked) has been the founders at nvdia store. Funny to see something so silly bring out the fan boys.

FYI... on $2,100.00 Ti, there was 2 units in stock yesterday, its simply restocked and other sellers are seeing the opportunity - Every time this happens everyone else jumps in above msrp - even retailers like microcenter and bb did with 10 series.

Hopefully this happens sooner than later AMD rumors: Vega 20 on 7nm w/16GB HBM2 for gamers in Q1 2019

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62386/amd-rumors-vega-20-7nm-16gb-hbm2-gamers-q1-2019/index.html

Guess we’re back to wait for Vega again... ^_~

That’s a pretty old rumor as they’re still calling the 2080 as 1180.

Luckily I have a 1080ti and only play at 1440p so I can afford to wait a while.

I usually don't upgrade just video card anyway, with watercooling I just build an entire new system and retire the old one (usually to a friend or family member)

It has zero to do with mining graphics card mining is almost dead, it is all asics with the big boys. Yields are poor for the 2080 series and it is causing production shortages. Stop salivating over the over-priced crap and wait a few months 2nd or 3rd quarter Navi will be introduced at slightly better than 1080 ti performance for the top end and will also have ray-tracing improvements. Stop kissing Nvidia's butt. Give them the cold shoulder treatment and they will be forced to lower their outrageous MSRP's.

0% chance of this happening in first half of 2019. Zero.

A snowballs chance of it being released a year from now. But most are predicting xmas 2019 or Q1 2020.

You are right it is Q4 2018. 7nm was promised for Q4 2018 and AMD has not withdrawn that. The "future proof" 2080ti outdated before the end of the year, you heard it here first.

You are right it is Q4 2018. 7nm was promised for Q4 2018 and AMD has not withdrawn that. The "future proof" 2080ti outdated before the end of the year, you heard it here first.

Hahahaha... outdated.

Yeah AMD can’t achieve that. The question is when nVidia will release 7nm and will it actually be an improvement over a 754mm^2 12nm die.

Hahahaha... outdated.

Yeah AMD can’t achieve that. The question is when nVidia will release 7nm and will it actually be an improvement over a 754mm^2 12nm die.

Nvidia won't release 7nm, even when they lose to AMD, until everyone who can afford one buys a 2080ti. Once everyone has bought one, then they will release 7nm at $2000.

Nvidia won't release 7nm, even when they lose to AMD, until everyone who can afford one buys a 2080ti. Once everyone has bought one, then they will release 7nm at $2000.

My money is on $2500 - AMD releases 7nm Vega which unlike last gen will not come in between x80 and x80Ti, it will be more of a Ti, nVidia will pull the trigger with the Titan RTX at $2500 - top card, top price.

My money is on $2500 - AMD releases 7nm Vega which unlike last gen will not come in between x80 and x80Ti, it will be more of a Ti, nVidia will pull the trigger with the Titan RTX at $2500 - top card, top price.

Doubtful. The 7nm will get you maybe 15% more speed which will cement it between the 1080 and 1080ti.

HEY NOW, stay away from here with that sane reality check, don't dampen our hyperbole!

Like we all know the Turing is priced way high and availability sucks already, but why people see the need to embellish it with random scalping bullshit nobody with a brain will ever buy is beyond me.

Prices will soon collapse. They are profit takers bending people over who can't wait. The price will come down much more quickly as this series isn't nearly as cost efficient as Pascal was for mining. Add in the mining collapse and the bubble will be quick. Wait 6 months you'll see below MSRP. You mark my words.
I got a 1080 shortly after launch and don't believe I saw one at MSRP until two years later.

Why are folks complaining about the price gouging? You can always get one for MSRP direct from nvidia if you're willing to wait a few weeks.

I got a 1080 shortly after launch and don't believe I saw one at MSRP until two years later.

Entirely different situation. Miners are what made the market crazy. The cost of these units is cost prohibitive to miners. The additional circuits drive up the J/Hash compared to Pascal. They are actually LESS efficient because of the RTX transistors. Any miner who buys one to mine doesn't know what he is doing.

Entirely different situation. Miners are what made the market crazy. The cost of these units is cost prohibitive to miners. The additional circuits drive up the J/Hash compared to Pascal. They are actually LESS efficient because of the RTX transistors. Any miner who buys one to mine doesn't know what he is doing.

Miners had virtually no effect on the market until mid-way through last year, and that all ended a few months ago. I bought a 1070 for my HTPC rig for $329 from Newegg on a slickdeal in May 2017. I'll certainly agree that no one will buy these for mining, however, but that's no real reflection on Turing. GPU mining is completely dead now for ANY commercial product, and I can't see that changing.

Miners had virtually no effect on the market until mid-way through last year, and that all ended a few months ago. I bought a 1070 for my HTPC rig for $329 from Newegg on a slickdeal in May 2017. I'll certainly agree that no one will buy these for mining, however, but that's no real reflection on Turing. GPU mining is completely dead now for ANY commercial product, and I can't see that changing.

Depending on the block chain complexity. As more miners drop out, the more profitable it becomes on some coins.

That said your assumption is wrong. Miners were always waiting for the next best thing. There's multiple websites which measure the mining efficiency/W. Mh/W. This is why you saw insane pricing on used 290's. When Pascal came out, that became one of the most efficient architectures. And demand went right up. Miners do indeed raise market demand based on Mh/W efficiency ratings. (Or J/h)

When Pascal came out, that became one of the most efficient architectures. And demand went right up. Miners do indeed raise market demand based on Mh/W efficiency ratings. (Or J/h)

Pascal was out for the better part of a year before prices were affected. 1080 was scarce for some time (but definitely available - an important distinction) because of the massive performance jump from Maxwell to Pascal and the gaming performance value it represented, not because of mining. Prices were above MSRP in certain situations, but not by much.

Crypto crashed the consumer market because ETH value went up something like 10000% in 2017, not because of Pascal. You might say thistis because of the added hashing that was done due to pascal in the first place, but it remains that the effect on GPU prices from crypto wasnt until much later. The hash/watt efficiency you refer to just dictated which cards were most in demand (incidentally, the 1070 was much superior to the 1080 from a hash/investment cost perspective).

I used to mine extensively in the litecoin and doge days of 2013/2014, and I'll fully admit that falling workload can draw back miners, but we're fully in an ASIC regime now, and I can't see GPUs making a comeback.

I got my 1080 in June 2016 for $649 after leaving the listings of 1080s open for probably a few weeks waiting for inventory to pop as I recall. Gamers wanted the things because they were crazy fast. Miners were all over... AMD 470/480s at the time I'm pretty sure? Those were going for $500 or something silly.

I rocked a 8800gt from 2009 to 2014 and got a 970, I am due for another upgrade. Waiting to see how the 2070 fans out on pricing. May go for a 2080, but not ready to pay the high prices of the 2080ti. I game on 1440P and Rift.

Pascal was out for the better part of a year before prices were affected. 1080 was scarce for some time (but definitely available - an important distinction) because of the massive performance jump from Maxwell to Pascal and the gaming performance value it represented, not because of mining. Prices were above MSRP in certain situations, but not by much.

Crypto crashed the consumer market because ETH value went up something like 10000% in 2017, not because of Pascal. You might say thistis because of the added hashing that was done due to pascal in the first place, but it remains that the effect on GPU prices from crypto wasnt until much later. The hash/watt efficiency you refer to just dictated which cards were most in demand (incidentally, the 1070 was much superior to the 1080 from a hash/investment cost perspective).

I used to mine extensively in the litecoin and doge days of 2013/2014, and I'll fully admit that falling workload can draw back miners, but we're fully in an ASIC regime now, and I can't see GPUs making a comeback.

The best Crypto out there (Monero) is ASIC resistant and is forking their code again in a few days. GPU mining is FAR from over ;-).

I rocked a 8800gt from 2009 to 2014 and got a 970, I am due for another upgrade. Waiting to see how the 2070 fans out on pricing. May go for a 2080, but not ready to pay the high prices of the 2080ti. I game on 1440P and Rift.
Those 8800gt cards kicked ass.
Me myself, I just snagged an Rx Vega 64 a few weeks ago for $499 and a 32" Acer 4k Freesync monitor for just above $300 to go with it. While that setup may not do a billion frames per second, it's been a pretty good experience...especially given that I'm not the hardcore gamer that I once was.

I say go for a used 1080Ti or a used 1080for 1440p gaming over 2080 if you don't mind used.

Like with the 2080, seems like most reviewers are panning the 2070 as a meh sidegrade: more performance for equivalent % amount of money. It's like even Nvidia knows most people won't be buying these cards because they're not a true new generation. Smart money is on waiting for 7nm.

Back