RTX 2080 Ti, gone, not even AIB's...

nEo717

Limp Gawd
Interesting, not a single 2080 Ti listed... Are we about to see nVidia recall the 2080 Ti's?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shop/geforce/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-us

All the talk of problems (of course that seemingly included 2080 too), and then (while its just 1 card) 2080 Ti in flames, not making me feel too warm and fuzzy about my 2080 Ti in my main system.

When should cheap or faulty manufacturing be a problem for such highly over-priced hardware? The margins on the 2080 Ti have to be good for nVidia - Guess I'd expect problems to hit the low end cards ahead of $1,200.00 (so far) top of line gaming card.

So the top of the line card has less quality control, parts, and workmanship than the cheaper cards? Or, what does it say about those lower end cards, hows quality and long term going to shake out for them?

I have no evidence to add, but just going off my gut feeling and readings about it, I think you are probably correct.

Maybe not a "Recall" but you will see a Rev. 2 coming soon.

They're not, though.

If you click shop all the 2080 Ti is suspiciously removed. It's not just out of stock, because the 1080 Ti is and says notify me.

Maybe the problems are worse than we think...

upload_2018-11-17_16-27-31.png

I was one of the people with an FE card and after a few weeks starting artifacting. I contacted them last Monday, and received card on Friday. I spent part of the day playing Battlefield and so far no issues. Before sending the original card back I did notice one thing different. The color of the box sent was darker than mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_124931.jpg
    IMG_20181116_124931.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 0
Yea saw that too. When you go shop it’s not even listed. I think it may be worst than just the memory. May the dang chip is too big and they ade failing more than they thought. Good chips gone bad lol

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I was one of the people with an FE card and after a few weeks starting artifacting. I contacted them last Monday, and received card on Friday. I spent part of the day playing Battlefield and so far no issues. Before sending the original card back I did notice one thing different. The color of the box sent was darker than mine.
Should probably have sent the more common in future, dark box back instead ;)

Yea saw that too. When you go shop it’s not even listed. I think it may be worst than just the memory. May the dang chip is too big and they ade failing more than they thought. Good chips gone bad lol
Always had this in the back of my mind. It is an awfully large chip and this could be a factor due to the binning they require.
One day I want to strip a dead one down to the die and mount the bugger. Everyone else just displays their GPU, I want to see the GPU die as that is the real art IMO.

Hummm... both my FE 2080 Ti and 2080 are of the light colored box(s) - The 2080 Ti was over heating (cam software going off all time) and games crashing, however that seems to have been driver related as stable - the 2080 was the card with artifacts, however haven't gamed on that system for couple weeks, have to install latest drivers and give it another go.

Hummm... both my FE 2080 Ti and 2080 are of the light colored box(s) - The 2080 Ti was over heating (cam software going off all time) and games crashing, however that seems to have been driver related as stable - the 2080 was the card with artifacts, however haven't gamed on that system for couple weeks, have to install latest drivers and give it another go.

I'd get that RMA'd then, or at least check the fans are running properly. I've played more than a few games and run stress tests, and the card seldom goes over 75 degrees. I haven't had CAM go off once.

Did you really read that, or are you starting a rumor?
Photos above give some evidence but we need more samples of course.
I'd be sending the black box back and keeping the grey, might be collectible in future ;)

I'd get that RMA'd then, or at least check the fans are running properly. I've played more than a few games and run stress tests, and the card seldom goes over 75 degrees. I haven't had CAM go off once.

Good advise, thank you for sharing temps too... I'd rather RMA on side caution vs end up with $1,200.00 card at some point that fails.

Talk about an early adopters fee....

At least when people shelled out for titans they ran correctly.

That is not even the worst of it, check out some reviews on ray tracing in Battlefield 5 and then realize that Dice tends to be on the ball for optimized programming. The graphical effects of ray tracing in Battlefield 5 are so so but the best results are on Ultra for the effect to be "noticeable" and that takes such a drop in frame rates. If Dice is the best in the business of optimizing for certain hardware this does not bode well for people expecting RTX to be a serious force in gaming (yes gaming not tech demo).

EVGA is out of stock as well :0

nVidia activated the Ti (again after seeing comments and posts on Sunday) - Today they've added a couple of AIB Ti cards, 2 which are in-stock at the moment. Also, on nVidia forum they've made post (few days back now) for those needing help with RTX series cards.

nVidia they stand ready to help url:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ries/rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition-contact-us/

2080 Ti FE activated again, but out of stock, couple of AIB TI's listed again:

End result is good, its activated again and appears as nVidia is replacing the cards that are defective.

nVidia activated the Ti (again after seeing comments and posts on Sunday) - Today they've added a couple of AIB Ti cards, 2 which are in-stock at the moment. Also, on nVidia forum they've made post (few days back now) for those needing help with RTX series cards.

nVidia they stand ready to help url:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ries/rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition-contact-us/

2080 Ti FE activated again, but out of stock, couple of AIB TI's listed again:

End result is good, its activated again and appears as nVidia is replacing the cards that are defective.
Thanks, I didn't realize that Nvidia sold AIB cards.

I wouldn't take nvidia.com as the authoritative source for all AIB card stock.

Back