RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition available on Nvidia.com

I noticed. I'm torn.

Definitely not worth the money but a single 1080Ti isn't quite enough for 4k gaming at the highest setting even at 60Hz.

I would probably do better to wait for the next generation to see how things pan out but I want it. :)

Amazing that these are still in stock atm.
Might be because the scalpers are not moving their stock like they expected. Though I'm still amazed by the number of people I run into who do not know that NVIDIA sells their own hardware now. Newegg and Amazon are still showing OOS for all models.

Looks like this batch will be out of stock soon. They moved the shipping date from 10/19-10/29 to just 10/29 for orders being made now.

They must be selling a boatload of cards though, and i'm glad - These scalpers are going to get hit hard IMO.

Looks like this batch will be out of stock soon. They moved the shipping date from 10/19-10/29 to just 10/29 for orders being made now.

They must be selling a boatload of cards though, and i'm glad - These scalpers are going to get hit hard IMO.

If most of the buyers are scalpers they are going to hate life soon.

LOL wow they're still in stock. I think most of the nuts that would buy these cards have already bought them. I've elected to spend my 1200 bucks on 12 happy ending massages...

It says in stock, but it's really just preorder....

Look at the ship date.

LOL wow they're still in stock. I think most of the nuts that would buy these cards have already bought them. I've elected to spend my 1200 bucks on 12 happy ending massages...

The reality is that most people I don't think have been able to buy one until now. Most of the initial release stock went straight to scalpers/system builders, but i'm glad that Nvidia is still showing that they are accepting orders - This is going to seriously cut into the scalping and I think drive down the prices on all the cards in a week or so.

They are pretty widely available from all manufacturers now. I have Nowinstock alerts setup for virtually all the 2080Tis and I've been getting a lot of them for the last few days.

They are pretty widely available from all manufacturers now. I have Nowinstock alerts setup for virtually all the 2080Tis and I've been getting a lot of them for the last few days.

I've been watching for the EVGA XC Ultra and I haven't seen them but the MSI, Zotac, Asus seem to be popping up.

I got an email a evga 2080 ti xc was in stock. I'm looking for the 2 slot model, don't feel like a 2.5 or 2.7 or something. I had pulled the trigger then the dreaded" too bad, so sad you were slow and we are now out of stock again" message.

I held an Asus 2080 ti 2.7 slot card in my hand today. I did not buy it. A part of me wants to keep the EVGA look inside my rig.

I got an email a evga 2080 ti xc was in stock. I'm looking for the 2 slot model, don't feel like a 2.5 or 2.7 or something. I had pulled the trigger then the dreaded" too bad, so sad you were slow and we are now out of stock again" message.

I held an Asus 2080 ti 2.7 slot card in my hand today. I did not buy it. A part of me wants to keep the EVGA look inside my rig.

I haven't seen anything that proves that an "upgraded" RTX board gives you any benefit. So I have stuck with Founders Edition cards. If MSI releases a Lightning then perhaps I will look to "upgrade" my 2080. Otherwise, I don't know why anyone spends any more money than necessary on an RTX card these days. Not really any benefit with one card versus another, unless you consider 2-3% a gain.

2.5 / 2.7 slot should be better for cooling.

I have tried to overclock XC, and max I could get with stock cooling is around 1950 on core with fan blowing nearly 100% like jet engine. Need to keep the temp below 80c

I haven't seen anything that proves that an "upgraded" RTX board gives you any benefit. So I have stuck with Founders Edition cards. If MSI releases a Lightning then perhaps I will look to "upgrade" my 2080. Otherwise, I don't know why anyone spends any more money than necessary on an RTX card these days. Not really any benefit with one card versus another, unless you consider 2-3% a gain.

I've been hearing that AIB cards offer the ability to change the BIOS to one with a higher power limit than the FE cards can do.

I'm having a hard time doing it. If it was $1k I probably would but the cheapest card is $1150, and I'm struggling with it.

I'm having a hard time doing it. If it was $1k I probably would but the cheapest card is $1150, and I'm struggling with it.

Honestly, if you wait a month or so I would be surprised if you didnt see one at $1k. I imagine you will see a few brands with rebates after things have settled down.

Honestly, if you wait a month or so I would be surprised if you didnt see one at $1k. I imagine you will see a few brands with rebates after things have settled down.
I'm in no rush. I'm playing mostly RPGs right now anyways.

Would like to see how RTX performs before I jump.

I ordered an RTX 2080 TI FE from Nvidia on Wednesday. They shipped it yesterday and the scheduled arrival date is on Monday, so guess they have stock.

I couldn't find any RTX 2080 TI cards in stock in my area. I hear some complaints about the Nvidia cooler but overall I like the design of the card and performance seems like it is pretty decent from everything I have seen. Honestly, it was basically the same price for me to buy the FE card from Nvidia as to buy an AIB card anyhow (if they were available), and actually $50 cheaper than the 2.75 slot EVGA card which I had my eye on.

I want to make sure I have a new GPU for BF V when it comes out. The GTX 980 was pretty much only good for low settings in the Alpha and Betas with my 3440x1440 monitor. Bought my last card just about 4 years ago, this one should probably last that long too since it seems to be pretty overkill for 1440p ultrawide. I am excited to see the shiny RTX stuff when it eventually arrives. I'm a sucker for eye candy.

Well, just got my RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition from Nvidia. Predictably everything is much smoother than with the GTX 980 when I start increasing the settings in games. I haven't seen anything that I can't run maxed out and get smooth (60 FPS +) frame rates. I did set resolution scaling in Far Cry 5 to 2x for fun, that netted 40 FPS, so maybe there's still room, even at 1440p for improvement in current games...

The [H] Reviews do a better job telling the story than I ever could, but thanks for helping me spend my money. :)

1080ti was enough for 1440p for me, but since my move to 4k the 2080ti really bumps up the FPS to a much better range.

Hmm... buy now at $1,200 or wait to see how tariffs affect prices when the $200 early adopter fee expires.

Or, just be happy with my 2GHz GTX 1080 Ti.

$1,200 is an insane price to pay for pretty puddles, eyeballs, and windows at 1080Peasant.

Yep, especially if a GTX 3080 launches in under 12 months for $699 with 15% faster performance and runs cool and quiet compared to this furnace, hah.

Back