Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Wateforce - display driver crash

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I have an quesion. Is my card faulty?
So. I have Windows 10 1903. Card plugged was Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme with fan versions. Drivers 430.86. But yesterday i unplugged that card without uninstalling drivers.

And then i plug new card Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce. And on first boot with new card( on Windows login screen ) i had display driver crash. Since that it not happened.

I tested all benchmarks and no crashes. Should i exchange card or stay with it?

PC :
9900K stock
2x16 GB DDR4 3000mhz
Corsair 850RmX
Asus Prime Z390-A

I’d uninstall the old driver and do a proper cleanup and install the new driver again for good measure.

If you have any additional issues after that let us know.

Not have any issues. But that crash what i ask is this something to worry about?

Sounds like a driver "glitch" when it detected the new card. If it's running stable now I would think you would be fine.

Should be fine. I would clean out the old drivers like other said and reinstall new ones. It is always good practice.

I clicked shutdown by menu button in Windows 10 left down corner. Event log said about go to SLEEP mode.
Then Windows 10 go to sleep/shutdown. And after that i unplugged gpu and plugged new gpu.
With new GPU i boot to Windows 10 first time and, after moment i saw display driver crash in event log.
Next i restart ( reboot ) pc by menu button in left down corner ,and on second boot Windows 10 detect low res and was installing again itself driver without driver crash.

I clicked shutdown by menu button in Windows 10 left down corner. Event log said about go to SLEEP mode.
Then Windows 10 go to sleep/shutdown. And after that i unplugged gpu and plugged new gpu.
With new GPU i boot to Windows 10 first time and, after moment i saw display driver crash in event log.
Next i restart ( reboot ) pc by menu button in left down corner ,and on second boot Windows 10 detect low res and was installing again itself driver without driver crash.

The driver crash would have been because of changing the GPU out for a new one. You should really have uninstalled the drivers first with the original card and then shut down the PC and changed the cards.

The driver crash would have been because of changing the GPU out for a new one. You should really have uninstalled the drivers first with the original card and then shut down the PC and changed the cards.
The crash was the result of yanking the graphics card while the system was asleep, and not shut down. There's no need to uninstall the drivers to swap out one graphics card for a nearly identical one. You just need to make sure you actually turn the system all the way off, so it will do a full boot when you turn it back on.

The crash was the result of yanking the graphics card while the system was asleep, and not shut down. There's no need to uninstall the drivers to swap out one graphics card for a nearly identical one. You just need to make sure you actually turn the system all the way off, so it will do a full boot when you turn it back on.
Even if it was from 2080 Ti Xtreme ( 3 fans ) to 2080 Ti Xtreme Wateforce? But they have other bioses

Yes.

You need to shut the system down, and not just put it to sleep, but you do NOT need to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

You are lucky you didn't damage anything. Something similar happened to me with a GTX1070Ti, I assumed the PC was off and I removed the card. As I removed it, the PC turned on. Fortunately nothing happened.

You are lucky you didn't damage anything. Something similar happened to me with a GTX1070Ti, I assumed the PC was off and I removed the card. As I removed it, the PC turned on. Fortunately nothing happened.
But my pc was off. Cables was plugged off,power cord too.

I clicked shutdown in Windows 10 MENU left down corner. But yeah system is raporting that pc going to sleep.

But my pc was off. Cables was plugged off,power cord too.

I clicked shutdown in Windows 10 MENU left down corner. But yeah system is raporting that pc going to sleep.
that's odd... anyway it seems everything is ok now right?

Back