rtx 2080 G12 Vram temp concern

Ruddys

Weaksauce
Hi Guys.

So now for like 3-4 months running my RTX2080 with Corsair H90 AIO in my system and It has been a dream.
One thing did rise the concern tho as I was searching info on internet about VRAM temperatures.
I overclocked my RTX 2080 @ 2115mhz Core and @ 8000mhz memory and it still runs like a dream.

I do have thermal pads on my VRAM and have 10 intake and 2 exhaust fans in PC so airflow should not be an issue.
Should I still use VRAM heat-sinks for my GPU ? Or is it safe as it is ?

GPU itself never reaches over 60c .

Hi Guys.

So now for like 3-4 months running my RTX2080 with Corsair H90 AIO in my system and It has been a dream.
One thing did rise the concern tho as I was searching info on internet about VRAM temperatures.
I overclocked my RTX 2080 @ 2115mhz Core and @ 8000mhz memory and it still runs like a dream.

I do have thermal pads on my VRAM and have 10 intake and 2 exhaust fans in PC so airflow should not be an issue.
Should I still use VRAM heat-sinks for my GPU ? Or is it safe as it is ?

GPU itself never reaches over 60c .
GDDR6 at least with Micron are design to operate at max temperature (95C), as long you keep the VRam temp below 95C, you will be fine. You can put VRam heatsink if you really need the extra dissipation but it doesn't sound like you have an issue as you have more than adequate airflow.

Back