Crashy

n00b
My current build:
MB: B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: Ryzen 3600 (Stock)
CPU cooler: Coolermaster ma410m
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance PRO RGB 3200mhz 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA 600BQ (I wasn't paying enough attention to this one)
Case: Fractal Meshify C (Stock coolers)

I was wondering if my PSU could power this build with RTX 2080 SUPER without overheating. I would keep everything stock, PC would be used 2-3 hours a day for gaming and 5-6 hours a day for work (nothing that could stress PC). Also, I am not planning on upgrading for few years. I know this isn't recommended situation.

Suggestion: list what you already have
I already listed it. I have an old gpu and components above. I just want to know if I should save for 2080 or I should go for something less demanding, bcs PSUs in my country are not as cheap as in USA

Last edited:
You never mentioned that you already have the Seasonic I suggested. Use it instead of the 600BQ and go with the 2080... or don't.

My current build:
MB: B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: Ryzen 3600 (Stock)
CPU cooler: Coolermaster ma410m
RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance PRO RGB 3200mhz 2x8GB
PSU: EVGA 600BQ (I wasn't paying enough attention to this one)
Case: Fractal Meshify C (Stock coolers)

I was wondering if my PSU could power this build with RTX 2080 SUPER without overheating. I would keep everything stock, PC would be used 2-3 hours a day for gaming and 5-6 hours a day for work (nothing that could stress PC). Also, I am not planning on upgrading for few years. I know this isn't recommended situation.
You be fine, at system load, the total system power usage for 2080 Super should be around 400 watts.

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2019/07/23/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-super-video-card-review/13/

For what it's worth, i have an Intel i5 6500, 16gb ram, two hhds, one ssd, rtx2080 and other bits like USB dongles all running on a Thermaltake 550w (for 3 years nearly with their rtx2080 added late last year) . My system seems to max out at less than 400w. I wager that you will be fine.
Yes, I have evga psu and ty for help

For what it's worth, i have an Intel i5 6500, 16gb ram, two hhds, one ssd, rtx2080 and other bits like USB dongles all running on a Thermaltake 550w (for 3 years nearly with their rtx2080 added late last year) . My system seems to max out at less than 400w. I wager that you will be fine.
Thank you, it helped a lot

it can run on 650w but i think a 2080 ti would pull more power if you're overclocking it ? maybe go for the seasonic focus + Gold 750w for $20 more?

I would use your current PSU and see if you experience any reboots, strange behavior etc. If so buy a more potent PSU.

I have a i7 5820K with a 2080 running on a Corsair SF600 and it's rock solid.

I would like to know if your motherboard came with the latest bios(or one that supports Ryzen 3) out of the box or did you have to flash it?
It came with the one that supports ryzen 3, probably the one from the beginning of the july, but it works just fine.

Last edited:
You should try to keep max loads below 80% of the capacity of the PSU... Get a higher wattage one.

Back