RTX 2070 vs RTX 2080 vs GTX 1080 Ti vs GTX 1070 @ [H]

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by FrgMstr, Oct 22, 2018.

1. iamjanco

iamjanco Limp Gawd

Thanks for the review, guys. I have decided to hang on to my 1080ti's just a wee bit longer...

By way of: GeForce > Community > Forums > Support > GeForce Hardware > GeForce RTX 20-Series

On Reddit: If you ever remember my first PC, the GPU died today...

2. zbox

zbox n00b

No regrets re: my $517 MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X (NIB) purchased via ebay over a month ago. The RMA 20X0 pricing is absolutely ridiculous.

DocNo likes this.
  3. DocNo

DocNo Gawd

Excellent and in-depth review (as expected from HardOCP).

I didn't think to look before this review but I checked the top GPU stats on PrimeGrid and with the various algorithms it's also borne out that there just isn't that much difference between the 1080ti and the 2080.

http://www.primegrid.com/gpu_list.php#GFN22

GFN are the most computationally intensive - even on a fast card GFN22 can take the better part of a day to complete one work unit.

4. kohl

kohl Limp Gawd

Confirmed my suspicion that I will be holding onto my 1080ti for a while.

DocNo likes this.
  5. Donald Bell

Donald Bell Limp Gawd

Something like the graph I made here. Unfortunately, life happened and I couldn't finish. But, I still wanted to share so you could see what I meant. I couldn't find good comparison data for the 5950 Ultra vs older stuff. I stopped after the GTX480 and need to finish the rest. The value factor is just % price versus the previous model divided by the % performance versus the previous model. The closer to 0, the better "deal" a card is versus the previous gen.
    NvidiaGFXComparison.png

ElementDave, DocNo and FrgMstr like this.