RTX 2070 in alienware graphics amp how much do i lose?

Cylocybin

Limp Gawd
cpu is 7820hk on an alienware 17 r4 dell just released a bios update making 20x0 series cards compatible so if I put a 2070 inside the aga how much of a bottleneck do you think my cpu would be?

I imagine bandwidth limitation from Thunderbolt3 will be the bigger bottleneck than than the CPU since the 7820hk is a pretty beefy CPU for a laptop unless if the CPU throttles very hard. You probably lose about 10% performance using Thunderbolt3 connection.

The AGA isn't Thunderbolt, it's full fledged PCI-E 3 x4. I'll hazard a guess and say that you wont loose too much at 1440p with a monitor directly connected to the 2070. But it'll probably vary game to game. That's been my experience with a 1080 Ti and Vega 64.

The AGA isn't Thunderbolt, it's full fledged PCI-E 3 x4. I'll hazard a guess and say that you wont loose too much at 1440p with a monitor directly connected to the 2070. But it'll probably vary game to game. That's been my experience with a 1080 Ti and Vega 64.
I stand corrected, thought it was a Thunderbolt 3 connection.

I stand corrected, thought it was a Thunderbolt 3 connection.

All good! Would be nice if reviewers/tech youtubers would compare and contrast the performance differences with these setups. I mean if you think about it, it probably comes down to better perf with a Dell lock in vs lower perf with much more flexibility, system wise.

All good! Would be nice if reviewers/tech youtubers would compare and contrast the performance differences with these setups. I mean if you think about it, it probably comes down to better perf with a Dell lock in vs lower perf with much more flexibility, system wise.

I believe LTT did make a comparison with AGA and Razer a while back, think he said Razer took a bigger hit than AGA.

Back