RTX 2070: EVGA Black Gaming or Gigabyte Windforce?

NattyKathy

[H]ard|Gawd
Which to buy? I like the Gigabyte more- massive cooler, 8+6-pin power, and BIOS available with high power limit. I have my 1070 OC'd and I'd like to do the same with my new card. However, I'm a bit concerned about all the defective cards mentioned in reviews on Newegg and Amazon. Are defect rates really that bad? And will the Gigabyte actually have that much more OC headroom than the EVGA model with the more humble cooler?

Just buy the MSI Armor and be done with it, or if you like throwing money way for a little bit faster buy the Amp Extreme.

Microcenter was out of the MSI so i initially got an ASUS Dual OC but it was a dud (go figure) and when i went back the next day they had the Armor back in stock, and they price matched to a Newegg sale that just went up, and i ended up with the OC version by mistake (for the non-OC price) and didn't even notice until i got home. :LOL: Still getting the rest of the build together but the card looks super nice- reassuringly well built and i love the programmable led emblem.Thanks for the recommendation (y)

Microcenter was out of the MSI so i initially got an ASUS Dual OC but it was a dud (go figure) and when i went back the next day they had the Armor back in stock, and they price matched to a Newegg sale that just went up, and i ended up with the OC version by mistake (for the non-OC price) and didn't even notice until i got home. :LOL: Still getting the rest of the build together but the card looks super nice- reassuringly well built and i love the programmable led emblem.Thanks for the recommendation (y)

Sounds like it all worked out for you, enjoy the card!

Back