Rt-ac68r+att gigabit

I have the ASUS RT-AC68R with spectrum right now with speeds at 400/30 and the wireless router seems to do good but I just signed up for att gigabit and was wondering if i'd need a new wireless router? I have 4 ppl in my house with 2 4k tvs and ppl are always gaming or steaming. Thx!

Unless your wifi clients are capable of more than what that router can do, I'd be in a 'wait and see' mode.

No reason to go out and buy a new router if the old one works just fine. I'm assuming that you have some wired stuff that will benefit regardless of wifi speeds

Keep in mind that ATT also forces you to use their router. In some situations this can be worked around.

play it by ear... Just because you have more bandwidth does not mean your wireless clients will need more. Plus their is always QOS

Well for information I just did the same. The att ac range is sub optimal vs asus 68u with Merlin, also combines 2.4 and 5 in same broadcast. It might be a wash between devices as I have had trouble on 2.4 on Asus and am not seeing it with att unit.

Back