RPG for Free with These Five Awesome Games

i have been playing Warface for about a year now and dont have a problem with it. i play every day for a bit and more on weekends. I am all for the free to play mode.

Compared to most other D&D based games, it's actually pretty damned good.

except right now it is broken and the meta has completely changed...

it went from stacking life drain and regen to survive. To making both life drain and regen worthless and now you need to stack hp and def items to even live vs at level mobs... combine that with flaky direct x hooks and bad shaders you get a game that is hard as hell with a tendency to crash on open or scene transitions. i have been playing it for 5 months now and the latest update has pretty much ruined the game for me.

I have a max level 70 trickster rogue over geared with the easily accessible gear and a level 30 Control wizard.

my rogue needs to bust face on dungeon raids to get any stronger or grind mats to upgrade all her artifacts

i just cant get in and stay playing to level my cw and my rogue cant solo the dungeons but can now solo most of the content it used to before they dropped the brick load of difficulty on us.

I'm a huge Path of Exile fanboy. Its such a great game, and the dev team is great about keeping communication from them to the players going strong.

The act 4 expansion is in beta now and has a few really big changes that will be interesting and challenging to deal with.

I'm a huge Path of Exile fanboy. Its such a great game, and the dev team is great about keeping communication from them to the players going strong.

The act 4 expansion is in beta now and has a few really big changes that will be interesting and challenging to deal with.
Is it really free or it follows the path of most F2P (everything is fine till you hit a wall and it's almost impossible to continue without paying)?

Is it really free or it follows the path of most F2P (everything is fine till you hit a wall and it's almost impossible to continue without paying)?

PoE is really free. If you want some neat effects on your character(wings, footprints, custom skill effects, a non-combat pet) you have to pay for it. If you want more stash tabs you have to pay for those too but you can get by just fine without them. Other than that, it's totally free.

PoE is really free. If you want some neat effects on your character(wings, footprints, custom skill effects, a non-combat pet) you have to pay for it. If you want more stash tabs you have to pay for those too but you can get by just fine without them. Other than that, it's totally free.
Thanks, I'll try it for sure!

POE's Act 4 is also bringing in a workaround for the much-criticized desync. If you have a high latency problem it's not a complete fix, but you'll be able to choose between desync or delay, if I understand correctly. Detailed discussion here.

Exactly. The devs are a class act. They get it. The only reason not to get the game is if you want quality sleep at night.

Neverwinter is really free too it is just much much faster if you dump money into it otherwise you could grind every thing and buy the cash currency with purely in game earnings.

Honestly PoE is the only game in that list worth playing. Before d3 was basically completely overhauled it was superior in essentially every way. However since they redid d3 it is more of a preference. If you own d3 I would argue that it is better at this point, but again personal preference comes into play. If you own it then trying both amd comparing for yourself is the way to go. If you don't own d3, I would be hard pressed to argue that it justifies $60 over PoE.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is pretty fun. A bit hard to sign up for but there are lots of guides.

While technically free to play you will probably need to spend about 16$ on the inventory expansion. The premium set (like an mmo subscription) lasts for 30 days and costs about 13$ you don't really need to use it all the time but at some point it will be better to get it unless you are dirt poor. After 1000 hours I've spent about 42$ dollars on the game. Up until end game the game can be played F2P comfortably

Honestly PoE is the only game in that list worth playing. Before d3 was basically completely overhauled it was superior in essentially every way. However since they redid d3 it is more of a preference. If you own d3 I would argue that it is better at this point, but again personal preference comes into play. If you own it then trying both amd comparing for yourself is the way to go. If you don't own d3, I would be hard pressed to argue that it justifies $60 over PoE.

My only 2 gripes about PoE is you cant reroll stats (and its a HUGE matrix) and no satisfying kills, all grublies die the same, just fall over. Also is you play as barb, well you just walk as swing, its not very fun to watch either.

Could be worse, could be screen puking skittles everywhere.

Back