RoutersWholesale.com?

Not sure where to put this, but since it's networking related, this seems like the best spot.

That said, I'm wanting to buy some parts for a new Cisco lab, and I'm wanting to know if anyone has done business with this website/company http://www.routerswholesale.com ?

They seem legit and have some good deals on Cisco equipment, but want some input before I buy. Otherwise I'm stuck with Cisco-Kits http://www.certificationkits.com (which has good stuff, but more expensive). Anyone have another suggestion besides forums, Craiglists or eBay for Cisco hardware?

Thanks!

What type of kit are you trying to put together?

I may sell my spare gear
(2) 1841's
2 2620's
2 2950's
1 3500

What type of kit are you trying to put together?

I may sell my spare gear
(2) 1841's
2 2620's
2 2950's
1 3500

Something for my CCENT/CCNA...

I'd like 2-3 routers and 1-2 switches. No real preference on models, more concerned with price and the fact they work and are in good condition.

That said, I do have my eye on the 2610XM router (because of 12.4 IOS and SDM), and the 2950 switch.

I have my old CCNA/CCNP lab still laying around in Canada... 2 2600 routers, 1 1800, and a 2950 switch. The routers all have smart serial interfaces and the cables should be there too. I don't remember exactly what I bought, that was 7 years ago. :)

I'd just have to get my parents to find it/dig it out and take some photos if you're interested, then I could tell you exactly what I have.

I'd let em go for pretty cheap since I don't need them anymore (I'm in Germany now, cheaper to buy on ebay here then import).

I have my old CCNA/CCNP lab still laying around in Canada... 2 2600 routers, 1 1800, and a 2950 switch. The routers all have smart serial interfaces and the cables should be there too. I don't remember exactly what I bought, that was 7 years ago. :)

I'd just have to get my parents to find it/dig it out and take some photos if you're interested, then I could tell you exactly what I have.

I'd let em go for pretty cheap since I don't need them anymore (I'm in Germany now, cheaper to buy on ebay here then import).

That sounds very expensive. Shipping would probably kill any deal you'd give me on the actual hardware itself.

Yeah, I have no clue what shipping from canada would cost, it wasn't too bad within canada though, at least for the individual pieces.

don't buy "kits" and stay away from really old gear... some of that junk won't even run anything close to a modern IOS

you don't need to run out and buy a stack of 1841s and 3560s but if you plan on doing anything beyond CCNA you might as well buy something that has more of the modern bells and whistles (which you will eventually be tested on)

don't buy "kits" and stay away from really old gear... some of that junk won't even run anything close to a modern IOS

you don't need to run out and buy a stack of 1841s and 3560s but if you plan on doing anything beyond CCNA you might as well buy something that has more of the modern bells and whistles (which you will eventually be tested on)

Yeah, I will probably continue on into CCNP and beyond, but that's a long time away. For now, my focus is with CCENT then CCNA.

As I mentioned earlier, I have my eye on the 2610XM router (because of 12.4 IOS and SDM), and the 2950 switch. But I'm looking for anything I can afford right now. My budget would be more like $300 for an entire lab, rather than $300 for a single router or switch.

That's why I was asking about this website. I can put together a decent lab with 2-3 routers and 2-3 switches for a decent price, as opposed to an overpriced pre-assembled kit.

I have the books, the simulators, the CBT videos, and loads of other stuff. But I need something physical equipment to really have a shot at learning what I need to learn and staying motivated/interested.

Back