Router question

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a router and I'm linking two computers. I have a DSL connection (broadband but not "always on" so not cable)

I connected the two computers to the router and everything works, both computers can go online at the same time. But once I shut off the router and turn it on again, the connection is messed up and I can't go on the Internet. I have to reconfigure everything and it will work. Does this mean I have to keep the router ON all the time for it to work?

The router is connected to the DSL modem. Two comps are connected to the router...

1) I'm not quite sure I understand your comment: I have a DSL connection (broadband but not "always on" so not cable). That, or you don't understand the technologies.

2) Yes, you will have to leave the router on.

i'm not sure why your router isn't saving the data...
Yes, the router should be always on anyway. mine's been going for 1800+ hours now. :) It just sits in another room and does it's thing.

Thanks defcom_1

I meant to say its not cable so "not always on"
I have a DSL connection

wow arn't you cocky..

Originally posted by ycchan
wow arn't you a cocky..
Nope, simply stating the facts. Which most people get defensive over.

I really don't care what "offends" people's sensibilities. If you don't know something, you don't know it. That's cool, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't know TONS, and I'm proud to admit that AND that I'm working daily to correct that.

In short, get over little ego.

In short you can keep your comments to yourself and everyone will be happy

Originally posted by ycchan
In short you can keep your comments to yourself and everyone will be happy
:)

With the exception, possibly, of my last comment in my last post, explain how I offended you.

No, seriously, I want to know. This kind of shit annoys me, people who can't take being told they don't know something. I clearly stated that I might be in the wrong, and asked for clearification.

Ok... So are you having to reconfigure the computers or the router when the router gets rebooted?

just leave the router on, or is that a problem?
you shouldn't have to turn it off anyways

Are you sure that maybe the flash chip in his router could be masked for some reason? Then he could only store settings in the ram, and when power goes out, everything dies.

Try flashing to a newer firmware just to see what happens.

Back