Router Died! Best replacement around $60 new or used?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Just came home today and my DGL-4300 that i have had for about 5 or 6yrs is not even turning on anymore. Seems to have croaked.

I know there are all these new fancy routers out there with all this WRT or whatever it is. My 4300 served me fine and i never had any problems with it, my speeds were great and wireless connections were great.

Is there anything NEW out there for around $60 that will offer any benefits over it? Or should i just start looking for a used 4300 to replace it?(or another used one per your recommendations for $60?)

thanks!

You probably want to stick with something that has Atheros radio if you got good speed with your D-Link which rules out the Asus.
//Danne

Asus RT-N16

It's got good cpu and memory. It runs 3rd party firmware, but even the factory firmware can handle heavier loads better than many other routers in the price range.

Last edited:
Asus RT-N16 or N12.

Both have good cpu and memory. They run 3rd party firmware, but even the factory firmware can handle heavier loads better than many other routers in the price range.

Those two Asus routers are Broadcom-based. Many Broadcom-based routers support third-party firmware.

DGL-4300 is damn good router, but as far as I remember it's original sticker price is double of that $60 budget at least.
Most likely getting a new wifi router for $60 would probably mean a downgrade for you.

Any router I've come home to not working has been a faulty PSU, not the router itself. Find another wall wart around the house with similar output voltage/amps and see if the DGL-4300 is in fact dead.

Back