Router Bandwidth Monitoring

unwantedSN

Weaksauce
Hi guys,
my Smoothwall died tonight (rip smoothie) so im back to using an old wrt54g. Im looking for a replacement router that can monitor daily/week/month bandwidth for my internet connection. I would install ddwrt on my linksys however it only gives me a total for the entire router and I'd like to have it tell me per IP.
So does anyone know of a consumer router that can monitor bandwidth like that, or do i need to just pull the trigger and build another smootwall.

Thanks

You get some stuff with DD and Tomato, but IMO you've been spoiled by superior offerings, and it's hard to go backwards. Not only for reporting, but..as you'll soon find out, performance that a home grade off the shelf retail product just can't match from that of a good *nix box. I use the BandwidthD plugin for PFSense.

If your going with a linux distro you can use NTOP. Or even if your keeping the wrt 54g you can run NTOP against the router and monitor traffic. (Search dd-wrt ntop)

If your running windows do a search for NTop_XTRA_3_18_0.exe they dont make a compiled version for windows and the only place that did doesent support it or have it for download anymore.

Back