Rounding out my displays

Agent Orange 615

[H]ard|Gawd
Right now I'm running a Qnix 27inch QX2710 and love it. I just upgraded to a gtx 780ti, and Im going to add another monitor to the mix. Except I'd like to be able to plug a macbook into this one. The Qnix wont work even with an adapter, which is fine, but time to time I need to open something up in final cut and its a bitch. Which of the current models offer an apple compatibility? It seems the monoprice one does, but how are they?

Also I may be not that bright with this but if I was to get another qnix it should go right into the gtx no problem right? I was just hoping for a new monitor with maybe an hdmi or another extra port. But i see that like almost every video card it offers dual link i and dual link d, and I have no idea if thats going to effect this. Again I feel like kind of a dummy on this second part, but theres only so much you can stay up on.

On a side note, thanks to this forum I am loving the Qnix. When people come over they all ask me where I got this bootleg thunderbolt display and can't believe the price

Last edited:
Thanks so much, I never saw that, and it would be perfect for connecting a macbook to. Worth the premium when u see how much the damn adapter is. Plus it matches my current monitor :) Thanks!!! I will research more

Ive had luck with dream seller on ebay, so I reached out to the guy directly. I will update this forum if he gives a price drop over the amazon one. I also refer to him in the emails as "THE DREAM SELLER" which he or she gets very happy about haha.

Edit it also looks like you can achieve full resolution from the mini dp port on the gtx780, but there are possible hangups with osx accepting that res, but no biggie.

Back