Rouge Driver/WinXP not seeing sound driver/device

nemesis27

Limp Gawd
I have home edition and Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card. Everything has been fine since I built it (a year or so) untill now. Tons of blue screens indicating I have a device driver attemting to corrupt my system (accessing memory that its not reserved for) I have uninstalled the drivers and device and reinstalled them every which way, I have tried the recovery console, I have booted into diagnostic state so I can recopy the drivers from the Creative cd and certain system files from Windows installation, used disc scan (which repaired quite a bit) I also used my Norton SystemWorks to do its magic and recovered some system files from the protected recycle bin, but to no avail. Also system restore never seemed to work with my raptors in raid 0. I reinstalled my registry back up, made sure all services were set to default and much more. I was installing Joint Operations at the time in which it all began. I have used Error log to find what was wrong but Microsoft does not have a fix. The errors are 0x000000c4 and when trying to use the recovery console it blue screens with another error something like setupdd blah blah blah. I have 1 gig of 4 month old Corsair XMS. Also I cannot burn file to a cd for backup w/o blue screening again.

Windows does see my device in Device manager as well as the drivers and says this device is working properly but I cannot get any sound nor does the Sound devices in control panel see it. It says no devices. You guys are my only hope :p Please help.

Sorry for the very late response as you prolly guessed it I ended up reformatting using a single WD740 on the VIA SATA controller instead of the Promise (chipset is VIA). However I did make a little progress, here's how: Diagnostic mode/manual uninstall of drivers for sound card and optical/reinstalled/manually verified drivers and un-ticked deadlock/ran skandisk. It worked untill I rebooted to complete setup then it disappeared again. Tried to rebuild Windows with install cd but came back with a 0x00000050/8e error which states I have a faulty ram module. I called bs on the error and ran memtest for a day and all was fine. Decided I will reformat with a single drive so I can make a workable image and used second WD740 for storage/backups....and here I am. I am using the same RAM and have been benchmarking and testing the hell out of it for the past 2 days....everythings fine....so far. Ive never had so many problems untill I decided to run raid 0. Oh I also stopped using X-Setup Pro so we'll see if that played a part in it (hehe)

Maybe a little virus got past all my services/registry/port/firewall rules and Anti Virus programs and hacks (as well as updating and safe browsing) or maybe it was the hacks themselves?? who knows.

Back