Rotated monitor mount clamp thingie

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
I have looked at literally thousands of monitor mounts, all have a clamp that mounts directly to the desk surface. Has anyone seen one with that clamp rotated 90 degrees, so it would mount on low cubicle walls?

Have a cord grommet on your desktop surface? Most mounts come with a "through the top" option as well as the clamp. Can you drill a 1/2" hole?

Have a cord grommet on your desktop surface? Most mounts come with a "through the top" option as well as the clamp. Can you drill a 1/2" hole?

It's at work, and they moved us to smaller cubicles. Well the cube is huge, but it's got low walls, so the walls are maybe 18inches above the desk. I'm a private person, want to mount some spare monitors on the actual cube walls as privacy, but i can't find anything to do it.

If i knew how to weld, i could buy one off monoprice for pennies and fix it myself.

The tops of the cubicle walls usually pop off. If yours do and they are metal you might get away with screwing through the bottom of the wall cap but only you can judge if that will be sturdy enough. Employer issues not withstanding of course.

I've not seen any like that. All of the cubes that I've used, the walls were soft, so there isn't anything to clamp too (at least not solidly, and not without possibly damaging the walls).

Aside from clamp on models, they make models that simply sit on the desktop.

Last edited:
Back