Rosewill Cherry Blue 104-Key Keyboard $65

Tempting.. I have the red cap version & its been a great keyboard. Got it for too good of a price not to buy at the time. I really want to try blue caps & this would be a good way to limp into it before I buy a Ducky Shine II TKL

Why do all the good deals end up being on blues and browns. Just once can we get a deal like this on a keyboard with reds or blacks.

Why do all the good deals end up being on blues and browns. Just once can we get a deal like this on a keyboard with reds or blacks.

Uhmmm if this was as good as the deal I got on my Rosewill with red's I would have already ordered.. it was like 25 or 30 bucks & came with a CPU (keychain).

I want this so bad to give to a family member. Stupid NY shipping restriction.

This is a steal. If you're in the market for a good keyboard and you DON'T buy this then... then... idanno, I already have one anyway. If you're on the fence, get one.

Uhmmm if this was as good as the deal I got on my Rosewill with red's I would have already ordered.. it was like 25 or 30 bucks & came with a CPU (keychain).

I'm jealous because I had one of those in my cart and they sold out before I could complete the sale. If I got one though I might have felt guilty... pretty sure everybody but you lost on that goof-up.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but reds used to be one of the rarest Cherry switches because they stopped production due to lack to demand (before everyone discovered how great they are for gaming).

I love my reds though. More so than the blues on my numpad. They're great for button mashing and kind of feel like the keyboard equivalent of Sanwa arcade buttons.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but reds used to be one of the rarest Cherry switches because they stopped production due to lack to demand (before everyone discovered how great they are for gaming).

I love my reds though. More so than the blues on my numpad. They're great for button mashing and kind of feel like the keyboard equivalent of Sanwa arcade buttons.

Yeah I have read that too that reds and blacks are more expensive because they are harder to find. You would think with the increase in demand for mechanical keyboards recently that they would ramp up production or something. I guess at the same time if people are willing to pay the higher price then why do anything to change it.

Well if reds are so desirable I would be happy to send mine off to anyone who wants to send me one with blues..

This is tangential but I'm kind of disappointed with the key switches. I expected the blues to have a click and key press detection closer together. What I've found is that I can repeat key presses after bottoming out by staying "below the click" if that makes any sense.

This has been confusing to me because I read that you can rely on the click of blues as evidence that your key press has been registered by the computer. In reality it appears that the key press is registered somewhere below the actual key click.

Meh.

This is tangential but I'm kind of disappointed with the key switches. I expected the blues to have a click and key press detection closer together. What I've found is that I can repeat key presses after bottoming out by staying "below the click" if that makes any sense.

This has been confusing to me because I read that you can rely on the click of blues as evidence that your key press has been registered by the computer. In reality it appears that the key press is registered somewhere below the actual key click.

Meh.

Any small amount of googling should have pulled up the best resource for years on the types of switches here.

I love the blues in my Ducky Shine II and I knew exactly what I was ordering when I did it. Personal preference AFTER doing so is one thing but ordering blindly without research seems silly.

Although many people find them just fine for gaming, some don't like the fact that the release point is above the actuation point. This can cause some trouble with double-tapping. This is usually the case with someone who has experienced other mechanical switches before hand.

Back