Rosewill BLACKHAWK ULTRA Gaming Super Tower Supports HPTX

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rosewill the leading hardware solution provider bringing the best choice in value, announced its newest member of Rosewill gaming and performance computer case family, BLACKHAWK-ULTRA. The BLACKHAWK-ULTRA has all the features that made the original BLACKHAWK a success, including a great design, led fans, and full black interior. Where the BLACKHAWK-ULTRA is unique is with the space that is offered inside of this case, you will be able to mount HPTX or even a second power supply if needed.

Last edited:
This has been available on Amazon since Oct 26th.

This is a heavy case.. 36.6 lbs - Other weights of cases in the $200 range (at Newegg)..

SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT01-BW - 19.1 lbs

SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT02S-W - 33.01 lbs

LIAN LI PC-P80 - 10kg or 22 lbs

CORSAIR Obsidian Series 800D CC800DW - "about 38 lbs" (not listed on Corsair's site or Newegg probably cuz it is a chubby.. weight quoted from a review)

SILVERSTONE Raven RV01-BW - 33.1 lbs

LIAN LI PC-A71F - 19.91 lbs

LIAN LI PC-Z70B - 8.8kg or 19.4 lbs

Xigmatek XIGMATEK Elysium Black Server Edition (non window) - "well over 15kg" or over 33 lbs (weight quoted from a review)

LIAN LI PC-U6B - 9.92 lbs

THERMALTAKE Level 10 GT Snow Edition - 28 lbs

Black is the new Beige boring PC cases from the 1980's 1990's.

Dull as fuck and uninspired why must everybody make them all boring ass black, Hell I would even take a portal gun white case, everybody fucking does black and they all look pretty much the same.

Nobody has balls to do factory paint jobs worth anything so you have to spend time painting and sanding polishing the fucking cases your self when you could be overclocking or something if you don't want to have a boring as black case.

Beige_computer_case.jpg

Lian_Li_PC-P80_Angled.jpg

Corsair-White-Graphite-600T-Case-1.jpg

Looks nice, but at that price, why not go for the Raven RV-02 or the FT-02? The FT-02 is the case I really want, the Raven RV-02 is the case I'll wind up settling for because I can't afford the FT-02. Unless this can offer a better value for the money, and a lesser price than one or both of those then it'll be a no-go. Also, why the hell are more cases not going with the upward moving airflow? Seriously....it's obviously effective with proper ventilation.

I'll say this - whoever the OEM buyer is for NewEgg, they are doing a decent job. That case looks damn good.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them branch out into HSF's or maybe even H2O cooling. Maybe even memory modules...??

Looks like it may be possible to install a 4x120 rad in the bottom oriented on it's side ala Silverstone, (not flat) and install the power supply in the top bay. Hmmm, looks interesting. Maybe Santa will bring me one this year.

to bad it dun haz another 120 in teh back lieks teh antec 1200 does id buy it :) Freaking nice case just need different colred fan options now yo ..:D

I'll say this - whoever the OEM buyer is for NewEgg, they are doing a decent job. That case looks damn good.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them branch out into HSF's or maybe even H2O cooling. Maybe even memory modules...??

It's an enermax. I own the standard ATX version of that case. And it was 70 bucks... Canadian.

http://www.enermax.com.tw/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_1&lv0=2&lv1=44&no=155

That's the original, ATX sized version right there. PHENOMENAL for the money, if you can find it.

Man, Rosewill is going for the title to become the harbor freight of cheap asian electronic components.

Man, I'd like to mod one of those. replace that awful looking mesh side though with plexi glass, rig a second psu into the bottom, and then water cool the whole thing.

Anything look familiar here?

unavngiveto.png

ImgPrd-1828-Cm%5B170457ddcf4f4beca85e8db78b46d200%5D.jpg

elisium3.jpg

ImgPrd-1828-Cm%5B98429f2b2b1145a189e3d4872a22dd10%5D.jpg

elysium-fp10b.jpg

ImgPrd-1828-Cm%5Bce91469bf85243bc82d93dd7b7ff8afd%5D.jpg

Yeah, a few modifications, but it's essentially a Xigmatek Elysium. Looks like the hard drive reader on top has slightly different design. Option for 230mm fans on top. Sideways mounted hard drive bays (this is an improvement - but there's too many of the damn things - I'd rather have two more 5.25" bays for fan control, 2x DVDRW, and dual-bay resevoir), rubber ducting around motherboard tray behind second CPU is good, drilled vents on the floor under the hard drive bays which provides option to fit a 280 radiator AND PSU on the bottom (excellent improvement over the Elysium), clear side panel with 9x120mm option.

It actually looks like if you top-mount the PSU, you can do a 560 radiator on the bottom (with removal of hard drive cage). That would be sick!

All of these company's are using the same machines to produce cases, That leads me to belive they are all the same company but with different names.

looks pretty nice to me, i was debating between a blackhawk (non-ultra) and a cm690 II for my last build - i ended up going with a 600t but this is a very appealing case

Hmmm glad I bought the case to end all future case buying...

Cl TH10

However I wish this rosewill had been out before I shelled out for 800d.

Black is the new Beige boring PC cases from the 1980's 1990's.

Dull as fuck and uninspired why must everybody make them all boring ass black, Hell I would even take a portal gun white case, everybody fucking does black and they all look pretty much the same.

Nobody has balls to do factory paint jobs worth anything so you have to spend time painting and sanding polishing the fucking cases your self when you could be overclocking or something if you don't want to have a boring as black case.

The majority wants black cases with black internals. It goes with any color scheme someone has planned.
I've had black, silver, red, and blue cases and they all became annoying to me after some time.
The black color blends in with my other electronic devices. When beige was in and now black, people have always modded cases to their preferred color.

I don't think it makes sense to produce multi-color cases if one color will greatly outsell all the others.
A mod will look and be more durable than a factory finish.
My FT02 has a red interior but the durability of it could have been better. If I powercoated it myself, the finish would have a lot better.

I'll wait for the 20% off Rosewill products sale @ Newegg.

Then we'll discuss this. I'm perfectly fine with my $89 ABS Canyon ;)

I'll wait for the 20% off Rosewill products sale @ Newegg.

Then we'll discuss this. I'm perfectly fine with my $89 ABS Canyon ;)

Unfortunately, Rosewill cases did not make the list today. I probably would have bought this if it had been the case (no pun inteded) :(

lol-

you said "Rosewill" and "leading hardware solution provider " in the same sentence...

the quality of the link you posted reflects most of their products (its broken)

This case looks great and layout is excellent too. IMHO, the price is decent for what you get. I so with more manufacturers would offer wheels option, especially for case of this size and weight. I guess my computer will be living in CM Stacker 690 for the foreseeable future (because wheels are just that damn good!).

It looks like a giant Coolermaster 692 without the silver-trim and the better mesh, but with the innards of a Xigmatek Elysium.

I wonder if they will sell the Blackhawk's side-panels separately at some point, it is functionally better then the Elysium's current offerings. Not to mention, you probably can get a 120.3x3 (9 fan radiator), two 120.3 wide-radiators, or three 120.3 radiators if you can get them in right size on that panel.

However, the alternative 230mm fan mounting spots that in any configuration will only let you use one and up to five 120mm fans (one position prevents other fans entirely). They should have just went with four 200mm fan (instead of 230mm) mounting spots and a 200mm fan, which they could have easily done within that huge space.

While sideways turned HDD cages are nice in mid-towers (and some full-towers) due to cramped/certain conditions, they have no real business inside a massive spacey chassis like this. They impair front-intake airflow and necessitates additional fans to compensate for a chassis this large. In addition, you loose all that 5.25" bay flexibility that you could have used for radiators, reservoirs, 4-in-3 HDD cages (i.e., greater HDD capacity in comparison), another fan or two, fan controllers, etc.

Still it's a pretty good chassis.

Last edited:
Do you honestly think that all these companies are actually making their own cases in house and they are not being outsourced to larger manufacturers?

Haha, well I guess you learn something new every day. Blinders are coming off. I guess I just expected a little creativity out of these companies

Antec have been doing that for years, and now your complaining?

I like the look of the case, but too much mesh-decent filtration=dust bunnies

Antec = Chenming only more expensive. ;)
Or at least back in the day it used to be that way...

I will get that and put it in my CaseLabs TH10 muhahah even though SR3 is now eATX not HPTX.

The EVGA SR3 is another HPTX form-factor motherboard (~13.6 in x ~15 in), as the motherboard mounting holes give us a pretty good measurement and a good comparison to the existing SR2. The size is essentially the exact same to SR2 and not an EATX (12 in x ~13 in). Not to mention, the mounting hole configuration alone gives it away as an HPTX form-factor motherboard.

I think this whole form-factor confusion started when a website posted misinformation and did not bother to check-over the article before release, others recycled it, and they never bothered to correct it.

Geez...I had a full tower case with all that shit put in myself 15 years ago and every one said it sucked because it was too big.

Now it's the rage?

Back