Romanian NASA Hacker Gets Suspended Sentence

HardOCP News

[H] News
Not to be confused with the infamous British NASA hacker guy, the Romanian NASA hacker was given a suspended sentence and ordered to pay almost $240k in damages. Note to foreign hackers, there is no hidden information on UFOs at NASA…so knock it off. :p

Victor Faur, 28, was also given a 16-month suspended prison sentence, his lawyer said Monday. The state court in the western city of Arad also ordered Faur to pay damages totaling $238,000 to the three U.S. government departments for hacking into their systems between Nov. 2005 and Sept. 2006, his lawyer, Sorin Bretotianu, said by telephone.

So you say. I think they just are doing a damn good job of hiding it. Everyone is looking for Area 51 and UFOs when they need to be searching for something more obscure like daily lunch specials or executive golf outing results. Maybe they are hiding secret information under stuff like that to trick people.

Damn foreigners. What do they think that if we faked moon landing we can't hide aliens well enough? :)

Grr...romania has NO DESIRE to punish cyber criminals. Many are rounded up periodically in SHOWS OF SOLIDARITY with the west. A big perp walk is done. Big hoolabaloo (how ever the heck you spell it). Then they are given a slap on the wrist. SPammers, 419ers, etc. almost ALWAYS walk free. This has been a common discussion on some of the scam fighting boards I am a member of. They just don't care because it brings in money. Aparently Romania has some pretty strong organized crime now, part of the reason a lot of the european sex slaves also come from romania.

Everyone knows the whole UFO thing was a ploy to make enemy states believe that we had advanced alien technology. Just another deterrent to war like nukes. That is why certain things are still classified and off limits. There are no aliens, at least not like people think.

Damn foreigners. What do they think that if we faked moon landing we can't hide aliens well enough? :)

LOL. Yup the moon landing was a hoax! 40 years have past, with better technologies then when we were in the 60s yet we have yet to land on the moon again. Hmmmm......

Everyone knows all the hidden UFO information is stored on the alien quantum computers which can not directly communicate with our slow dumb earth computers. Duh!

Grr...romania has NO DESIRE to punish cyber criminals. Many are rounded up periodically in SHOWS OF SOLIDARITY with the west. A big perp walk is done. Big hoolabaloo (how ever the heck you spell it). Then they are given a slap on the wrist. SPammers, 419ers, etc. almost ALWAYS walk free. This has been a common discussion on some of the scam fighting boards I am a member of. They just don't care because it brings in money. Aparently Romania has some pretty strong organized crime now, part of the reason a lot of the european sex slaves also come from romania.

Where can I get one of those?! :eek: :p

LOL. Yup the moon landing was a hoax! 40 years have past, with better technologies then when we were in the 60s yet we have yet to land on the moon again. Hmmmm......

lol

its called $$$

back then it was, "who cares, we gotta beat those damn commies"

anyway... go ask any of the LLR stations hitting the retroreflectors left there if we went to the moon..

http://www.physics.ucsd.edu/~tmurphy/apollo/lrrr.html

:)

Sorry Mythbuster's already busted that one.

No offense, but they do a halfass job every now and then busting stuff in my opinion. Example, they proved it was impossible to flip a bike. I'm not talking about the whole flying through the air part, but just a basic front flip period was ruled to be impossible. That there was no way that your back tire would ever leave the ground, instead the bike would just fall over.

There have been a few other ones recently where i felt they dropped the ball. Besides, maybe the government got them to lie and make it appear the landing was real. Had you ever considered that?

THe more if's you have to do, the less likely a situation is. It's sort of like in sports. You make your if lists, if my team does this and this and this they can win. Well if that if list is more than 2 steps long, ain't gonna happen.

What if NASA where to fly your ass to the moon and prove it to you, who would care?

I'm pretty sure he was offered at job somewhere at the same time. Good hackers are hard to come by these days.

Note to potential recruiters: I hack much better when I'm getting a bj :)

I'm pretty sure he was offered at job somewhere at the same time. Good hackers are hard to come by these days.

Note to potential recruiters: I hack much better when I'm getting a bj :)

I don't think that happens as much now adays as it use too. There are plenty of legal ways for a person to learning programming and hacking that I don't think that hackers and virus writers get as many jobs from security firms as they use too. Now I think the just mainly get jail time and a new sex partner or 12.

Back